Game has skeletons

>Game has skeletons
>They aren't just generic enemy reskins and actually have unique attributes ie no need to breath, slashing damage resistance
Why don't more games do this?

Attached: skele.png (540x383, 244.86K)

being just bone wouldn't give you slashing damage resistance, far easier to cut through bone than flesh and bone at the same time.

Worthless thread

Maybe it doesn't make perfect sense but come on user it's a fantasy staple everyone knows skeletons are tough against slashing damage
Sorry I'll post a soijack next time to fit in a bit better user

skeletons are more likely to dodge thrusting attacks by lack of meat or organs

This would make sense but most skeles are really slow in general due to being mindless, speaking of which that's another big strength skeles should have in games, immunity to mental spells.

No, they're resistant to pierce damage you nonce.

never saw slash resistant skeles. They resist piercing and are weak to crushing
Anyway personally i think all mobs should have unique attributes.

On the other hand, they don't get tired and can continue marching around the clock, so their strategic mobility is in fact greater.

Dominions, of course, captures all that nuance. Its vampires are also unable to cross running water, jinns are vulnerable to salt, not-sacred band hoplites are homosexuals, etc.

Attached: sceleria is worse.png (376x357, 35.45K)

ah yeah shit that's the term, dunno why I got the two confused

>Mage leading mindless undead army
>His mind is the only one to find and fry for the enemy mages

Fuck you Ermor

This.
Also to arrows,if they fall under a different damage type.

Attached: good luck i'm behind 60 skel--.gif (580x416, 336K)

Dominions is amazing but can be such a slog to play at times, genuinely feels like playing an excel spreadsheet at times.

>The cute slime you find in the first area is now a devilish beast that can only be killed with magic and will corrode you weapon

They are not resistent to pierce because muh evasive abilities,it's just straight up hard to pierce and break a ribcage or bone.
That's the whole idea around pierce weapon,you pass it and hit vital organs

I love it when games do the "actually slimes sometimes have god like powers" thing

Personally I like it when the distinction is made that zombies are totally brainless thralls while skeletons are at least able to speak, if not fully intelligent

just the bare bones

eyy i remember this comic, the plot was going all over the place, has the skelie saved the girl yet?

>Can squeeze through any crack in existence
>No limit to their size
>Can and will eat everything while it's still alive
Slimes would be one of the most absolutely pants shitting monsters if they were real

I remember when I did the master for D&D and I was absolutely a newbie about D&D in general but I already had my fair share of jrpg under the belt
>uh ok they are level 1,I need to find a stupid enemy for them to fight,something like,I dunno,a SLIME
>find the slimes
>the easiest one could absolutely wipe the floor with even a midlevel team

I liked them in BL2's DLC when it made them immune to fire damage and melee attacks removed the armor pieces from the armored skeletons.

immune to poison and death spells but weak to holy unless they have been blessed before turning into skeleton monsters

>has to add an obvious weak point in the form of a core to balance them
no joke, slimes would be lethal to anything that isn't a mage or has some magic gear

>could drop from the cealing and suffocate you
>could get confused for any liquid,making them dangerous even when litterally not there for the psychotic effect

I mean,that's fair,litteral gelatine just doesn't become a whole creature without something to make it act

undeads taking damage from holy healing spell will always be kino