Games that encourage Crab Mentality? It's pretty common in board games...

Games that encourage Crab Mentality? It's pretty common in board games, but I can't think of many video games that do it. Civ, maybe?

Attached: crabs-bucket.gif (640x360, 529.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fuck is 'Crab Mentality'?

>He is unaware

As one crab manages to climb out, the others beneath it pull it back down trying to do the same.

Cruub

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
aka the behavior you see in the gif above

Attached: 18neljy38bjui.png (144x144, 4K)

>If I can't have this, neither can you.

All the crabs could get out of the bucket or "succeed" if all the other crabs didnt constantly pull them back down. Its a common phenomenon in black communities and poor ones in general as the people around you dont want you to succeed or be happy in life.

Go to your ghetto and find out

Attached: logo-transparent.png (300x120, 7.67K)

pic related

Attached: a8de4635a6f94c2c47f8b868212ca8f9.jpg (640x634, 86.17K)

Mario Kart
Getting ahead of the pack early is essential, as getting caught in the cluster fuck of red shells, stars, bombs and like wise is significantly harder to escape than maintaining first place.

Any team-based competitive game where you are rewarded for earning points, yet the best ways to earn points aren't related to winning the match. Playing a sniper in a team shooter, for example. Millions of matches have been thrown in shooters throughout history because people start trying to reach the top of the scoreboard instead of playing the objective.

Crabs in a bucket always drag those who try to leave, even if it's so full that top crabs can easily walk out the crab mentality makes sure nobody escapes.

Attached: 1644867724691.jpg (753x707, 161.29K)

MOBAs
A lot of players, when having a shit game, instead of trying to adapt and improve or at least minimize their feeding, will instead intentionally start a flame war, refuse to surrender, ultrafeed the enemy and ruin their teammates day.

Can it really be applied to competitive gaming?

It's common in literally all communities

>board games and Civ
There's lot of crab mentality in board games and ffa strategy games because players let their own emotions get the better of them. The right move from the weak players would be to team up against the strongest one but too often I see them focus on the guy who made them weak in the first place even if he is also weak.

/ic/

That description isn't really accurate of the original term.
The crabs aren't purposely trying to fuck over other crabs, they're just also trying to get out and are incapable of understanding that they're fucking over someone else by doing so.

Rust

Fall Guys. You HAVE to relish in it or else you’ll just get mad and not enjoy the game.

Crustaceans are based and I'm tired of pretending they're not.