Move Over Elden Ring

This board belongs to the true open world masterpiece of 2022

Attached: Elex 2.png (326x154, 128.66K)

Who?

It's not normie friendly, so it won't get any traction here, but is a much better game.

>Decide to see what the fuss is about
>Hear Elex is janky but i like jank
>MC is most generic character ever
>Camera doesnt even follow behind when dodge rolling
>Visit the abandoned warehouse after the tutorial
>Do zero damage and get fucking instakilled

What the fuck is that shit fuck this game

Attached: 1647327177409.png (341x339, 155.23K)

Maybe it was just me but I never found a fighting style in 1 that was fun

Melee is somehow an even worse pile of garbage than it was in the first game. Nu-Jax is a faggot pussy compared to Elex 1 Jax. Story is garbage. Last acts if gameplay are garbage, especially for melee. I have all the buffs, stones and great stats both weapon and build and enemies are still sponges, absolute dogshit. 2H is abysmally slow and the best you'll do is four five hits until enemies die, I literally minmaxed this entire dumpster fire garbage open world shit fest, I should be rewarded with instakills immediately. I don't even want to think what the plebs who play this casually and still pick ultra have to go through, the literal definition of eating shit.

>gothic 2: number 250674
consider rope

How did they managed to make faces even more uncanny than the first game?

Attached: elex 2 faces.png (1849x954, 2.06M)

thats just the face of modern germans

It's multiple issues like crazy-eyes, terrible skin texture effects that make them look either sweaty or covered with huge pores and shit lighting during daytime (seriously, the game looks a lot better in the evening/night or dark buildings).

Bros I think I'm just going to play elex 1 again unfortunately

By default they are not so terrible, but any, and I mean any facial animation immediately ruins it. No setting, lighting, or lack of animation can save Caja though. Her model genuinely is just that awful.

Attached: 20220315110322_1.jpg (1920x1080, 212.53K)

Imagine making the same game for three decades over and over again, but every new one is worse than the previous.

Everyone involved with gothic has long left. It's a bunch of zoomers and women running PB now

>PB trash
>much better game

Attached: 1310419087815.jpg (400x400, 24.54K)

>Her model genuinely is just that awful.
Just what the fuck happened with her, anyway?
She still had her original but somewhat older and more armored design in the Jonathan Davis trailer and IIRC in some other cinematic trailers, her loading screen shows her with a different, somewhat more revealing armor and in the final game she has the same one as everyone else and the second-ugliest model in the game only topped by the Cleric gate guard.

What people don't understand is the developers who made Gothic are no longer working at Piranha Bytes

Attached: 1630958787107.jpg (1024x576, 41.42K)

Hell, it doesn't even feel as if the same people who made Elex1 are still working there.
The world somehow feels empty and unimaginative despite the constant claims that it's "more dense" than the original, environments lack detail and variety (why the fuck are daisies suddenly the only flower type in the entire game while Elex1 was also covered in poppies an lilac? Not to mention all the crazy alien shit that grew in the desert and swamps - you know, biomes that this game doesn't even have), half of the npcs are now either black or have undercuts and manbuns, the modelling work is terrible and somehow the engine they've been using since Gothic 3 and refuse to drop since they're apparently way too familiar with it now suddenly has ridiculous performance issues even on high end hardware and compability problems with certain cards.

Gothic is supposed to be hard, you have to level up, gear up and that's how you progress

finally beat it the other day, i want the plat but the shit framerate is fucking killing me. ill plat it another time

Attached: BAD FORM.jpg (1232x504, 133.75K)

ELEX 1 melee combat is an absolute joke once you realize that the damage multiplier on combos scales almost exponentially the more hits you do in a single combo string, even if the hits don't connect
this means that higher stamina is way more important than weapon damage, because more hits per combo = higher total damage scaling per hit
this also means that one-handed maces (with no shield equipped) have the best damage potential out of any weapon category, because the combo finisher for maces consists of three quick swings rather than one big swing like for every other weapon category
the best part is that the damage you do keeps scaling even higher for each individual swing of the combo finisher, so the best strategy is to keep swinging at an enemy with light attacks until you only have stamina left for one more attack, and use that last stamina to do a combo finisher for three more hits

I am only about level 10 and I am killing trolls and nightbeasts in two/three full-damage combos with just a tier 2 wrench, one stamina upgrade, and one increased melee damage upgrade
it's absurd

Attached: 1624050052647.jpg (312x245, 50.48K)

Good job finding way around the grind, other one is to hit Clerics and get flammenwerfer

Attached: 1647335071369.jpg (879x578, 38.85K)