So you guys weren't really lying about her

From Soft really jumped the shark here

Attached: Incredible-Elden-Ring-Malenia-Statue-Spotted-at-Game-Store.jpg (1800x900, 180.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WO43ocCBUCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's not even that hard

The more I hear about endgame bosses, the less stoked I am. I already like that every boss I've encountered doesn't even have openings, but I've managed (just finished Siofra river bosses/lvl 50ish).

already DON'T like.*
fuck

She has plenty of openings actually. She just has undodgeable one shot kills out the wazoo.

The most frustrating thing about her is that she's so close to being a fantastic boss similar to Artorias.

Most of her moves are hard to dodge, but can be capitalized against. The fact that she can be staggered makes you consider going for a trade or not, but the lifesteam always prevents you from being excessively greedy. She can dodge your attacks too and when you get a dance of dodges and pokes going, it feels so good.

But then Waterfowl Dance comes in and it's a complete fucking crapshoot. She slides around too much for it to be remotely predictable, if she hits just a little bit she regains abhorrent ammounts of health, and the damage is stupid.

And then the second phase comes in, adding her clone spam to the mix, which I wouldn't even that mind that much, were it not the fact that if you're standing by or below her the moment she makes that jump, you're actually already dead because she randomly gets a massive DoT pillar right below her when she's doing that.

Remove those two fucking attacks or nerf them, and I'd love her. As it stands, the fight feels great until she busts out one of those moves, at which point you're essentially just rolling a dice. It ends up making her whole fight based around force-staggering her repeatedly so she never gets any attacks off, which doesn't feel good.

>Chains her 3 hit combo into another 3 hit combo
>Dodge both of them
>Go to smack her with my scythe
>She jumps in the air
youtube.com/watch?v=WO43ocCBUCE

They really thought putting a kingdom hearts boss battle in a souls was a good idea

Agreed. She's just got one attack without enough telegraph to get away properly unless you use a shield, or a specific weapon art.

If you are close to her when she does that move, you cannot outrun it. Even with instant reaction.

You do realize using a shield on that attack doesn't prevent her regaining 30~40% of her health, right? Though it can be cheesed with panic blooodhound stepping, I guess.

Waterfowl should be toned down so it doesn't require a perfect sequence of counterintuitive moves in a row to dodge, true
But the clone shit is beyond cancer
>beat extremely difficult first phase that punishes aggression so it takes a long time
>they unironically expect you to eat shit and die to her clone attack +5 times until you figure out the timing(with multiple delayed ones) and directions of each attack

Attached: 1634424000143.jpg (1024x1024, 100.91K)

Technically it doesn't punish agression - it rewards it. It just happens to reward an absurd ammount of agression tantamout to just cheesing by stacking buffs or using certain WAs to keep her on the ground. It's just staggering how flawed the fight is.

Yeah, I was saying that it's the only real bad part of the fight.
And as for the shield, I'd rather she heal over me dying and having to start over again.

>running backwards then rolling forwards is counterintuitive movement
yeah just sit there and fucking die instead so you can complain on your imageboard about balance

I'm at the haligtree using bleed rapier as my go-to stab weapon. Any tips on beating this chick? I should be there in the next hour or so. I don't want to do it with online help or mimic

You're still going to take chip damage, and it's still ultimately the boss regaining 30% of her health just because she decided to use a move - and you certainly don't have infinite healing. Blocking the move will just lose you the fight half the time.

What’s her name again?

powerstance a second bleed rapier

Well, I just popped mimic ash and beat her first try. I honestly went in intending to give it a fair shot, and I absolutely would have beaten her without waterfowl. It's sad because I got her down to one hit left and just choked. Couldn't get back no matter how many times I tried because relying on her to do her worst moves in phase 2 is a hail mary strategy.

Unironically fight her a bout 10 to 20 times, enjoy the good parts of her fight, and then just Mimic Tear to get it over with. I beat her "honestly" and I don't recommend it.

Use bloodhound step to dodge her flurry of attacks.

can't tell if being serious or....

How do you properly dodge waterfowl? I don't want to power block it and have her heal

>Dude just skip the boss lmao

No, literally just learn her patterns and change your skill setting accordingly and you can beat her, like any other boss.

Memenia Blade of Kekollia

Mid rolling won't do it, you need VERY well timed fast rolling or one of the evasion WAs. You can pretty much spam bloodhound step and it will work.

>UGS user with faith/str/dex
>instantly stunlock her dumbass and shred her to pieces with blackflame
what did they mean by this?

Nah, waterfowl is cheating so i will do the same, get fucked.

Like I said, I beat her solo and honest. It's not worth it. The two patterns of the actual attacks that matter are so schizo, unintuitive and unreliable that it isn't wort hit. Malenia is a poor boss, you might aswell legitimately defend Godskin Duo or the dual ice wolves on DS2.

After she loses about a quarter of her health she's going to use the attack everyone cries about. Try to bait it out by dancing in her attack range then do like in the webm, outrun the first one then roll through the next 2. You're free to do whatever until she's on the last quarter of her health where she'll do it again so try to bait it out or kill her so fast she doesn't get to do it.

Start of phase 2 she's going to dive kick you, time your roll on the dive kick then get away from the AOE. I believe the flurry and clone flurry follow the same rules as in phase 2 but the clones you just straight run away from and roll away when she charges herself. It's entirely possible to beat phase 2 without her doing either flurry if you kill her fast enough.

Attached: flurrydodge.webm (852x480, 3M)

>Thingsthatneverhappened.com

Literally gain some distance when she starts floating, block, dodge forward when she gains air again, repeat.

>block
that'll be 11% HP gain plus tip :)

>things that are impossible for me are impossible for everyone else!!!
lol

ty

It's a trade you have to accept. Just imagine the health bar is bigger.

just swap to a bloodhound dagger

Am I missing something with Mogh? His bleed heal seems weird. It bleeds me 4 times using up like 8 heals while restoring half his health.
I can't seem to dodge it. Dun gettit

there's a special physick flash shit you need to use there. Look them up on fextralife shit, it's the only one that banishes the blood curse or whatever.

I have no idea how you were supposed to actually know this going into the fight, I just blatantly had to ask online. Also get the shackle, gives you free hits

You'd think you could tell her that you killed that pedo that kidnapped her brother, but I guess the scarlet syphilis had gotten to her brain and all her reasonableness went to millicent so it wouldn't do much good.

oh well. At least we get a golden needle so we can save our maiden without burning the world, which is never actually acknowledged at any point

>explore
>find a tear that blocks the lord of blood
>find lord of blood
>use tear
the ultimate explorelet filter

Wack. I just want to kill him. Messed up. I got him down to 1 third his health even with the heal. Seems doable.

>explore
>find lord of blood before tear of blood
the TRUE explorelet exposed

>warping in using Varre's shit
soulless, that's no exploration

who said I warped

Attached: 1644042020676.jpg (4685x2457, 313.2K)

Are you all just dumb? It's amazing the amount of "UNFAIR JANK!" From a game that can be no damages.

Roll back once, roll back again, roll forward.

It's the easiest fucking thing in the world, back, back, forward and people still call it unfair bullshit