People who played elden ring and don't consider it the best single player video game they ever played

People who played elden ring and don't consider it the best single player video game they ever played,

why not and what game is then?

Attached: Elden-Ring-1024x574.jpg (1024x574, 58.52K)

It's got recycled content, some shitty bosses like fire giant, and literal unfinished quests. It does not do anything to redefine open world and is instead just one more example of wide as an ocean shallow as a puddle. I won't call it the best game ever because of these issues I have with it.
Best single player game is subjective but for me it's Okami.

Botw is better

>why not and what game is then?
It isn't singleplayer

Attached: file.png (2000x1000, 698.49K)

I'm 120 hours in i believe i explored everything up to Capital, the game is very unbalanced to the point I 3shot every boss i encounter, it was harder at the start, idk what could they have done to make it better.
level scaling fucks things up rather than fixing them.

Attached: 20220313181353_1.jpg (1920x1080, 576.39K)

I really like it, probably a new top 10 for sure, but Castlevania SotN is still my favorite. The art is so good and it’s so fun to explore the castle. I play it every year or two and have done since it came out.

>playing this casualized garbage
Devil May Cry 5 is better than every single game you've ever played and will ever play.

i liked botw more. the longer i play ER, the more i want it to just fucking end. combat doesnt get better as you learn/master it. your skill doesnt make fights easier or faster or better. you are rewarded for not fighting and just running through the game to the boss and glitching him out or using a cheese strat to get by their bullshit. otherwise you autistically wipe for hours trying to do with non-bleed/frost/magic/summons type shit. like a million weapons and non are viable realistically or come way too late to build towards. botw didnt overstay its welcome and you could explore and go in any direction you wanted or boss rush. weapons dont break nearly as often as made out to and as you get better at combat/skills, it gets significantly easier and more rewarding to go in and clean house on guys that fucked you up earlier. it has its flaws and not best game ever either (not a real zelda game if you ask me, should be its own IP instead for the type of game it is/deviation from zelda), but comparable to ER. DeS and DaS1 both felt far mroe rewarding in terms of skill and longer you play/completing a build than ER does. i literally just want to skip everything and dont even enjoy a full build or want to try anything new or restart a new account and ive almost got platinum (need the unique spells/weapons ones and dont have back up saves, so need couple more endings). really obnoxiously designed combat and AI and bosses no one wants to fight mroe than once. you are glad its over, not that it happened.

I am most definitely not a souls fag and hated the game's fanbase vehemently and still gave it a shot. Loved it right up to the mountaintop of the giants where the game just stopped having any new enemies for the rest of the game. I was loving the atmosphere and not knowing what to expect next but it just got really tiresome. Didn't spend anytime online to see what was broken and got right up to radagon/elden beast and just got terribly bored at elden beast. Up until that point I only used curved gs. My enjoyment of the game was at 100 for 2/3'ds of the game but once that last 1/3 came it tanked the entire experience. I think one big reason people get super touchy is that they haven't reached the endgame where yet where there is absolutely nothing new left.

it's shallow garbage with zero gameplay variety in a dead open world that's less mechanically interesting than mediocre ubisoft trash like far cry, it's completely derivative of the souls series and doesn't bring anything significantly new to it, it doesn't even fix the glaring issues of previous games such as enemy hitboxes phasing through environmental obstacles, it's terribly balanced with plenty of things that trivialize the combat forcing you to consciously gimp yourself for le git gud brownie points to impress unfuckable spergs on reddit and it runs like utter shit on pc

best game ever is guardian heroes

>I spent all my time overlevelling in the starting zones and now I 1shot everything wtf man

same bosses
same enemies
same ruins
same buildings
same dungeons
same old concepts, nothing new
same dragons with immortality due to stone scales kek
same shitty non-endings
even less fun multiplayer stuff, group buffs are a piss poor replacement for world tendency, vagrants or miracle boosts, or hearing the bells of awakening ringing when another player rings them in their world, etc
its just slowly turning into streamlined uninspired trash

Well the massive amount of casual trash that practically polluted the community is one reason, another reason would be the fact that the game lacks good key binds, somehow fucked the camera controls and we don't know if from is even going to fix it. Those are a few that doesn't really reflect the quality of the game but are annoying regardless.

Attached: 1644674448493.png (550x761, 360.21K)

Why make the game open world if you aren't suppose to explore?

>why not
It does nothing new. It's a great game, but there's no real advancement of any kind anywhere when you look at the game overall.

>what game is then?
I'd say something like MGS1 when it came out was probably a 10/10 in every regard.

I think that's kind of the point user. That's the benefit you get for exploring every corner. You get strong. If you don't, you're weaker. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Why explore if it wasn't like that?

>why not
because the overworld is mostly comprised of those samey mini filler dungeons that repeat themselves over and over and over

yes sometimes you find an elevator that takes you to some pretty underground area but those are very few and far between

if they just took the legacy dungeons, and still incorporated those optional underground areas say blighttown takes you to ash lake then i would be a very happy man but no, the natural progression of the souls formula is.... turning your game into an open world just like everyone else

Elden Ring is too low-iq to be the best, or even in the top 20 best games ever.

Debateable but navigating the open world is 100% more fun in BoTW.

The average catacomb/cave in ER also makes shrines look good.

Persona 5 Royal is the best game of all time

>The gameplay is super unbalanced and endgame basic bitches 3 shot you even at vigor softcap.
>The bosses are super fast and aggressive which makes it unfun and tedious since you're dodging for 10+ seconds to get a single hit in unless you play ranged.
>Music is forgettable.
>The story is a garbage rehash of everything before (plot and tonally) and it's not like those games had good story.
>Open world, but doesn't commit to it.
>Literally only has combat and nothing else even though the combat system is the worst it's ever been.
Still a fun enough game 8/10.
Favorite games would probably be most things from Monolith-Soft+Xenogears; really any of the Xeno games. They're not the best I've played but my favorite.

The best games I've ever played would tie between TWEWY and Kid Icarus Uprising. But they don't beat Xeno games as my favorite.

even frostpunk is a better game lol

i beat the game last week and played new game + for 30 minutes as i blitzed to leyndell and then i dropped it and haven't played it since.

i don't like most of the bosses. they feel similar and there are exceptions but most major bosses suck. they're too aggressive and fast. it feels like i only have time for jump overhead attacks.

exploration doesn't feel rewarding. most weapons, ashes of war, and spells you find you won't use. the base combat system is satisfying but it's not deep enough as it is. there's no point in using dragon incantation #5 over #8 or whatever, so i don't feel rewarded when i find them.

>what game is then?
i had way more fun with dark souls 1. that probably has a lot to do with it being my first souls game. but i also think souls gameplay works better with compact level design rather than spacing levels with big empty open fields with random cat statue dungeons between. eu4 might be my favorite game of all time overall though. i have 2400 hours and don't plan on stopping.

after the first dozen or so hours of elden ring i laughed at the people on Any Forums saying botw was a better game because i felt elden ring's combat alone made it a better game. now i'm not sure which game i'd rate higher. either way i think botw 2 is going to be a better game than both.

it's good and I liked it, but not in my subjective opinion the best game I've ever played

I have about 100h in elden ring and completed every achievement and yet it's the worst fromsoft title I've played.

The best single player games I love that I can play all the time are bioshock 1 and 2, stalker, and ds3 and oh ya yakuza

More consistent difficulty/balance across zones.

They could have designed each zone (eg Caelid, Limgrave etc) with a certain level/upgrade/damage output in mind. Instead, you'll find some bosses that die in 2 hits while others take 20+ in the same basic area. If the difficulty level is consistent enough, they don't even really have to go out of their way to communicate progression order because it should be immediately obvious which zone is easier. Not that I think they should lock you to only completing zones in order, the ultimate decision on how the difficulty curve ends up should still be up to you, just strong nudges in the intended direction.

Furthermore, they could work on exactly how the weapon upgrade materials are placed so people can't easily rush to higher than intended upgrades. Especially locking new levels of material behind difficult bosses or story progression. There are a couple examples of this already but only at like 6/7 somber. Alternatively they could just do away with weapon upgrades entirely.

It's a very good game but it's not the most fun i ever had in a game.
That would probably be EDF.

>i liked botw more. the longer i play ER, the more i want it to just fucking end
felt mostly the same way. still not exactly sure what i like about botw though. i agree with all the criticisms of botw being a shallow sandbox and i'm hoping botw 2 improves upon those aspects immensely. but i look back more fondly on adventuring and finding weather appropriate clothes in botw than i do anything in ER.

>a shallow sandbox
I don't think botw is one of the best games ever either but I don't get the criticism about it being "shallow", it easily has the most interactive open world I've ever seen which translates into gameplay depth (plenty of different solutions for different scenarios)

The easiest fix to the game would be letting you swap the plus value of a weapon to another one by erasing the one you had beforehand, that way you could test more weapons in the endgame instead of focusing on a few select ones, I have several weapons I wanted to try but I don't have the smithing stones or the rune farm to upgrade them to a good level

idk man the first time I played ds1 it took me +150 hours to beat it, granted I went in blind and never having played a soulslike but the majority of playtime was spent dying to bosses over and over and over again.
I guarantee you first time players will have the exact same experience with elden ring.

I'm not done with it yet (just beat Morgott) and while it is very, very good there are enough technical and design issues with it that I can't say it's the best. Perhaps with patches those will be resolved. It's shaping up to be in the top 5 I've ever played though. Leyndell is definitely one of the best levels in vidya.
I'd say Outer Wilds is probably the best-designed single-player game, even if it's not my favorite.

Attached: 20220313212959_1.jpg (1920x1080, 490.18K)

Because I've played well over 600 video games during my life and I KNOW that no SOULS-shit will ever be even close to the top-10 vidya.
ER is nothing more than DaS4 with too much empty space and the same repetitive gameplay.

i just didn't have that experience. i've seen the webms of people hitting trees and then soaring across the world on them but i never personally figured that out for myself and there was never an actual reason to do it. i don't have fun just copying simple physics stuff i see in webms.

i would just say that the options afforded to me in botw are mostly boring.

that said, i still had more fun exploring botw than i did ER and iirc nintendo has a decent track record with sequels so i think botw 2 will make things more interesting.