Ice Mage or Smuggler?

Ice Mage or Smuggler?

Attached: triangle-strategy-button-fin-1632511511841.jpg (1080x1080, 244.78K)

I cheesed the Avlora chapter by putting the archers on the roof with Jans and nothing could hit them. It took forever but it was an easy way to not have to use the secret weapon
Pretty funny.
Archer is good but idk how good ice guy is

I find the Ice Mage a little unimpressive. Not horrible, but I always wish I had more archers.

I can't believe I managed to get Golden Route the first time around. I got spoiled with going to your visit your father with Benedict instead of going with the others, but otherwise I defended Roland without burning the houses, delivered the salt, and revealed Roland's identity to Svarog. And I got the final golden route plan right, although that was much easier.

Can't fucking believe Roland was about to sell out his country to the Sandpeople. I shouldve fucking killed him there.

(me)
How are you meant to clear that chapter normally, without that cheese. Avlora herself is stupidly stong and immune to all status effects

Why is she such a whore

Attached: BE314B95-4D01-46B5-8B12-FEC8BAF9BE18.png (250x250, 125.56K)

Normally as in no fire traps? Cause you'll have to cheese a bit then. I set up archers on the 3rd level and defended the stairs until the 2nd battalion arrived. Erador and Benedict will be the best tanks you have for that, have the archers, mages, 2 range Roland, and Hawk Dive Serenoa do the damage. Geela just keep healing. Prioritize killing other archers or you're going to have a bad time. After 2nd Battalion, pull back to the the set of stairs on the upper right of the map, or the 3rd battalion will show up and rape you from behind. Hughette on the roof is a lifesaver. Rudolf too if you have Jans to get him up there.

I feel ice mage ends up better but smuggler is stronger right off the bat. If you plan on protecting Roland you should take the smuggler.

>ukraine flag

Attached: 1561156699174.png (178x178, 15.67K)

Cause she's a spy you incel, fucking her victims is the best way to gather info. Didn't you notice how many times she wanted to get into Serenoa's pants and STILL told Hyzante about the salt in the mines?

Rudolph is cuter
Also traps

I turned the floor into puddles and spammed lightning to kill mooks while Avlora bounced back and forth between traps, I have no idea how people managed to kill off all the ranged enemies and Hughette wasn't all that useful that stage
Maybe I'm just not very smart

This game is the epitome of everything wrong with JRPGs in 2022.
I'm almost 2 hours into the game.
TWO HOURS.
And I've gotten into ONE (1) battle in that two hours.
The rest is just ZzzzzZZZzzzZZzZzZZZZZzzzZZzZZz tier exposition and lore dumping.
It's absolutely awful.

Whatever happened to the pacing of games like FFT where you get a bit of the story in between battles and sometimes a bit of the story during the battle.
Please tell me it gets better and that the game is just heavily frontloaded with exposition to get all the players in place.

Idore's used goods

You need that shaman bitch for that, don't you? I didn't have her

>I turned the floor into puddles and spammed lightning to kill mooks while Avlora bounced back and forth between traps
How the fuck did you have Ezana by that point? She didn't come for me until like 3 chapters later.

Speaking of which, I've nearly completed the game and never got Decimal, Giovanni, or Quohag or Maxwell. How are they?

Smuggler.

Attached: Avlora.webm (500x500, 170.61K)

I just got to ch.3 is one path harder than the other

I did it with Frederica and Narve actually, hole up in upper right, have him freeze the ground and Fred melt it, repeat too many times, profit

I got Ezana in chapter 8 lol

Neither is really difficult, just go to the place you want to learn more about.

Q is broken and easily the strongest or second, depending on your views of medina.
Decimal is fun, especially on maps where the enemy spawns above you en masse.
Never used the geomancer. Looking at her kit she looks underwhelming and that’s what I’m primarily hearing from others that had used her.
Secret man is pretty fucking good. Very mobile, kit enables him to get tp for hitting multiple people, free revive.

>I got Ezana in chapter 8 lol
Defending or Surrendering Roland is Chapter 7

Roland is an amazingly written character

Just reached chapter 4, shit's on fire. they found salt in the cave right?

Attached: 1642585671016.png (1143x1057, 1.16M)

Yes, I dont think its supposed to be a secret to the player

Ice Mage is stronger on mage heavy maps because you can use him to disable their spells, trap man is better on choke point heavy stages because you can stunlock enemies to death with him.

I beat it legitimately by staying on the top terrace and holding the stairs. Kept my bird archer on the flank to immobilize any enemies that tried to come up the other stairs.