Elden Ring

Why are there no covenants in Elden Ring?
This was a big part of the Souls multiplayer experience, I don't understand why you would leave that out.

Attached: 17e5781a29d1f91bb8703b82157b5344e063f657r1-460-460v2_uhq.jpg (460x460, 45.31K)

They're kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things. Any mechanics given by specific covenants are better off just left universal in the first place

Half of them didn't work; so they just let everyone be "every covenant." Only thing I miss is no Forest Hunter variation. Started in Bloodborne when you could just switch runes to switch covenant.

Because PvP is garbage.

They stopped giving a shit about pvp.

>anti-white propaganda
You just spew buzzwords at this point without understanding anything of what you're talking about don't you.

Because there aren't that many factions in Elden Ring. Two Fingers/Greater Will, Three Fingers/Frenzied Flame, and Ranni/Dark Moon

what

lets be real only very few of them ever worked, mainly invading, which is still in the game
and locking content behind being rewarded for covenants that barely work was pretty awful
don't think I ever managed to get darkmoon blade in das3 despite always keeping the police covenant on the moment it became available on all my runs

You can just invent new factions, not like the convenants were that deep before anyway it can literally be just “we invade people in this area cuz we are protecting it :^)”

>those who live in death covenant (whatever the undead dudes are called) invade in graveyards
>D covenant (protects people from graveyard invaders)
>Carian royals (invade in the academy)
>sellica sorcerers (invade in sellica)
>ancestors (siofra area)
>tomb raiders (random chalice tombs)
>etc

Also can just have PvE covenants that would “invade” NPCs like Volcano Manor but a different flavor, or just a dragon hunter guild that hunts all the dragons and once you’re far enough along the game will add extra dragons etc

From already has stacks of unfinished content so I’m sure the idea came up and was quickly cut before it even got preproduction but it’s cool to theorize

I'm the kind of guy who points that shit out and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Any Forumsbrain, folks

You kind of still have covenants, but nothing is official

>Golden Order fundies I think are joined when you get your first Deathroot and show it to D
>Ranni's Covenant is joined upon her questline
>Volcano Manor Recusants you join but end up betraying them upon the conclusion of their questline. They're surprisingly okay with this

getting gravelorded scared the shit outta me
does elden ring reuse that concept?

There are no covenants in elden ring, retard

yeah okay but is something similar to "dude corrupts your instance of the world with AIDS enemy spawns" or not

>dude corrupts your instance of the world with AIDS enemy spawns
lol i fondly remember doing this. ppl would send hate mail to me on how much of a "pussy" i was for ruining their game

Attached: 1627604578751.png (950x569, 368.39K)

Get the fuck out of my forest

because they fucking sucked and were either useless, a way to lock key items behind an annoying grind or pointless

demon souls had a better framework then every souls game in terms of online factions. spear of the church is probably the best souls covenants every got and it was just old monk again

darksouls 2 still has the best pvp and the best covenants.

And what purpose would they serve that isn't already covered by the bloody finger item?