What mental gymnastics Claire put in use to become trans while still believing in god?

What mental gymnastics Claire put in use to become trans while still believing in god?

Or people in the future read a really really disorted version of the bible just like today we cant even buy the King James version anymore and we even have gay church fathers

Also, why a tank top needs THAT much tacticool details?

Attached: images (1).jpg (370x600, 28.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/dp/000725976X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She probably believes that God is a kind, benevolent being who wouldn't punish her for trying to be happy

Attached: cyberpunk claire.jpg (774x577, 295.01K)

Is there a mod that allows me to kill her?

>people in the future read a really really disorted version of the bible
you mean like the bible of today?

Believing in a god inherently requires mental gymnastics.

But the God of the Bible, of Abraham and Moses, does not offer you peace in this life, but the next.

I'm pretty sure there already has been, is and always will be a shit ton of people who believe in God (or other deity of choice) and consider themselves followers of their religions yet will do stuff contrary to the teachings or messages or explicit laws of those religions. Given how many fucking branches of Christianity alone there are in the USA, I don't think you can say that ALL of them are following all the rules properly.

The majority of trannies I've met who've been religious believe their transness is akin to a deformity/birth defect. The fact that some think a mental disorder requires a physical solution is another matter, of course (and usually overlooked).

Claire is a strangely-written character, crucifix necklace aside. The concept that being trans in Cyberpunk's universe is somehow interesting -- or noteworthy enough to be advertised on your truck -- is an absolute joke and extremely obvious virtue-signalling by whoever wrote Claire's storyline.

Attached: 1610312035139.jpg (886x851, 165.02K)

>you cant buy king james anymore
wtf why
or does the reason basically boil down to "globohomo infiltration"

>The fact that some think a mental disorder requires a physical solution is another matter, of course (and usually overlooked).

There is some strange world a LOT of them live in where they are essentially metaphysical materialists and it's never not confusing trying to even navigate it from a rational point.

The same mental gymnastics Christians use to shit on stuff like welfare and supporting the poor in general which Jesus would explicitly have supported and to justify stuff like premarital sex which is also forbidden

At the end of the day most Christians are pretenders who pick, choose and *interpret* the bible in a way that means they do not actually need to change their own views or actions from what they want to do anyway, while thinking they will get afterlife benefits because they attempted to lawyer an omnipotent being

I don't believe in God but a part of me would like it all to be real just so these people get their comeuppance as they try to explain to God how they TECHNICALLY didn't break any rules.

Muslims are pretty bad for it too with drugs/alcohol as well but they at least generally feel shame over it or are open about it being against the rules

I would 2bh

Attached: 1514262299687.jpg (267x323, 7K)

??
amazon.co.uk/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/dp/000725976X

Is this game playable yet?

The vast majority of modern people have never thought about metaphysics with any kind of even amateur depth. Trannies are in an even worse spot, since they tend to be autistic, urban and young; there's literally no way for most of them to think about themselves or their beliefs with any clarity.

Where there are attempts for trannies to be honest about themselves, half-measures and compromises are abound due to the legitimate serious mental issues they have. When you look in the mirror and feel nothing but a sort of neurotic ontological denial -- a feeling of absolute self-negation, akin to the despairing suicidal -- you can't just "deal with it" and work it out yourself. Hence, most of them just choose the comfortable, pleasurable, road of becoming full-time catamites.

>screeching about trannies
>in a setting where you can change your gender completely with cybernetic implants, not just having a infected gash or a human meat sausage

Been playable since lauch (on pc)

Being an atheist inherently requires being a redditor
go back

I think people actually seriously underappreciate the effect autism has on a lot of this stuff.

I was recently in a discord server in which the admins are mostly trans (one of whom I have known since I was a child) and there is the usual hypersensitivity which led to a lot of overzealous banning and control over conversations you usually see in these people. I'm a pretty lefty person myself but even I was uncomfortable with the zealousness and lack of perspective. People would get banned for making very slightly off comments that were clearly ironic/jokes etc.

I originally thought about it like these guys were extremists and not thinking rationally, and applied that attitude to the political position, but that actually wasn't it. These people were actually autistic, I knew at the very least my old friend was and I remember how he would overreact to jokes etc not realising there was no malice in them. These people shouldn't be in admin positions or really be in political discourse at all because they can't understand the things they are responding to/being offended by.

I think a lot more people you see in these online politics shitfests both on the left and the right are actually very autistic which is why they all seem to shrill and ridiculous, and I think not enough people are realise that and attribute it to the political position instead.

he's making shit up to promote his martyr complex, very common among american protestants who grow up a cult unironically believing they are waging war against demons trying to destroy their percecuted society

Same reason the valentinos can have cybernetics and still be religious. The bible and religion in general has always changed to fit the times. They probably consider Maelstrom sinners but some amounts of cybernetics as fine, and since Claire still looks human she doesn't think it conflicts with her beliefs.

Esl

>a flawed trans character
it means it wasn't pandering

A lot of that comes down to youth, in my opinion as an older user. Once you pass your mid-20s you realise that any sort of absolutism is merely an extension of personal insecurity and the desire for safe, well-defined boundaries. The fact that a huge proportion of trans people were abused as children is no accident in terms of their behaviour; they are in a state of perpetual childish helplessness.

To me trans mentality feels backward because if you claim that genitals and biology do not define your behavior in any way, and we should be free to act as we desire, which I do believe should be the case, then... what do you gain with SRS and hormones? You just told me there's nothing stopping your from being who you are. Dress, act, talk and enjoy life as you see fit since, in your own words, nothing stops you from doing that.
They're genitals. You use them to fuck and pee. That's it. If they don't condition your behavior, then getting new ones just shows you cared for the fetishistic side of gender, and it was not a matter of gender roles and behaviors.
>But it's the genitals along the behavior change that makes me feel the way I am.
While I disagree, because in this case you are, again, telling me you do associate certain behaviors with gender/genitals, I hope you realize SRS is glorified butchering. It's moving meat around, not magically changing your biology.

Medicine is an engineering that's constantly fixing the same engine, unable to change it completly. You'll be tosing patches and fixes as you can, but wventually the engine will give up, unable to handle the pass of time. And the more you modify it, the more you risk it breaking apart sooner.