Lets you play your old games on new consoles for free

>lets you play your old games on new consoles for free
>resolution increased
>framerate increased
>automatically transfers your old save data from as far back as 2005
The backwards compatibility program by xbox deserves much more praise. The fact I can download games I purchased in 2005 again for free on my new console is amazing. The only problem is not every game is supported, but the vast majority of titles worth playing are supported. Meanwhile nintendo is charging you for roms of games you already own, and sony wont even give you the option to play old games.

Attached: Back_Compat_Hero_Image_1.0.jpg (1200x800, 384.29K)

They fucking ended it too early, and only like 70 games made it
I will be happy when Godzilla save the earth gets BC

Game Pass does seem nice but I'm not buying a new fucking xbox for it

>The fact I can download games I purchased in 2005 again for free on my new console is amazing.
Not needing to buy a game twice isn't what I'd call "amazing". It's just, you know, not awful.

just get a series s. they go for around $250 now, and it includes a new controller you can also use on pc

>I'm not buying a new fucking xbox
>just buy one
lol

>Not needing to buy a game twice isn't what I'd call "amazing". It's just, you know, not awful.
considering the competition that shuts down stores and doesnt let you redownload titles you own on later systems, yeah its pretty amazing

Yeah I too like endless amounts of shovelware. Unironically most people I know that use gamepass only play multi-player shit and never finish games which is coincidentally what I do when I pirate shit. There's still no reason to own a shitbox

When are they gonna include the entire fucking cod saga in the game pass?
I have a xbone, but I wanted to buy a new one for stalker 2 and elden ring, what I should get an sexbox or a straight shota Xbox?

poorfag
this thread isnt about gamepass

I just wish they hadn’t abandoned it. I know it is a money sink and devs probably want to sell (((remasters))) but there are still some niche games like Senko no Ronde that I would love to play again. I know that is too much to ask, but I can dream.

Also on PC

Yea this, also every single XBLI are dead.
I'm surprised Onechanbara Bikini Squad samurai got through though

>Discover a lot of great games that I finished that I later bought thanks to game pass (rdr2, monster hunter world, etc)
>Discover shitty games tht I thought they were cool, but they were zhit and I didn't spend a cent buying them
Thanks uncle Phil, snoyroaches are crying again

iirc they have said they basically reached the end of all the titles that publishers were willing to add to the program. I thought at first this was probably due to licensing issues, but if they can add games like 50 cent blood on the sand that arent even available digitally anymore, I cant imagine its a huge issue. probably just comes down to publishers not willing to add their games to the program for whatever reason

>have games I bought on games for windows live
>service shut down
>lol sorry bro, you cant download those ever again

Excuse me pcbabby, wheres gow 1, 2,3 and red dead redemption on PC?
I'm asking so I can bought em'

gow 1 is actually on pc to be fair. its a shit port to get working now, and gow1 runs at 60 fps on console now so there isnt much point anyways

>consolefag finds out being able to play old games is not a myth
lmao

>this thread isnt about gamepass
You're right, it's not, it's about retards that think shoddy backwards compatability matters. I just mentioned gamepass because it's the only thing I associate Microsoft with

>shoddy backwards compatability
cope snoy

>Spent 3k on a PC to play old games
>Spent 300 bucks on a console to play old games
Do pcbabies really?

It's not true anyways. I have lots of old games on steam that don't work out of the box on modern windows without me doing an hour of bullshit

on my Xenia emulator
>buying
ngmi
>using microsoft services
>BUYING games
ngmi

Attached: you will own pirate.jpg (500x500, 58.02K)