I hear alot about bugged scaling. Can someone finally shed some light on this?

I hear alot about bugged scaling. Can someone finally shed some light on this?

If a weapon doesnt have a scaling on a stat it obviously doesnt scale with it. So whats the exact problem here? Did people expect bleed to scale with arcane although most bleed weapons DONT have an arcane scaling?

Attached: 1322344656778908.png (440x440, 45.2K)

You made a fucking thread for this,?

arcane scaling doesnt work at the moment its bugged and everyone is waiting for them to fix it

Bugged how? So its not workign at all?

Weapons with split damage and ARC scaling don't get damage bonus from attributes (the +X next to the base physical/elemental damage).
Some examples are Rivers of Blood and Eleonora. If Rivers ever gets fixed it will be the newest Moonveil

This is Any Forums - All Elden Ring Things, after all.

yep notbworking at all

>Did people expect bleed to scale with arcane
It literally does retard

So bleed only scales when the weapon has just physical damage and an arcane scaling like putting the bleed ash on it?

The moment it has fore, magic, etc AND bleed arcane it doesnt scale the arcane?

Yes? It's a status effect. Scaling affects Attack Rating. Weapon damage. Why does a weapon having Arcane scaling affect a status effect on it? If Arcane affects bleed, the weapon shouldn't need Arcane scaling to have more buildup because arcane scaling should affect attack rating like every other damage stat.

Does INT scale magic attack when weapon has it?

Bleed build-up scaling from ARC still works even on bugged weapons.
What isn't working the the pure damage bonus from stats scaling in unique weapons that
>have physical and elemental damage (usually fire)
>Arcane scaling
Arcane-scaling weapons with only physical damage and normal weapons with modified affinity (ashes of war) aren't affected by this bug.
It's very easy to confirm this bug: Just look at Rivers of Blood and you will see there is no +X next to the base physical/fire damage, meanwhile every other weapon in the game have it.

If a weapon scales with INT and has no damage type aside from physical, the Physical damage receives bonuses from INT. I'm mostly sure I have found a weapon that does that and it's through that weapon that magicians have a means to deal viable physical melee damage (as magic damage can be shut down with resistance incantations), but I am not running a Sorcerer so I cannot speak for how good it is.

So an ash bleed katana scales with arcane?

Yes, arcane affinity from ashes of war is working as intended. Only a handful of unique weapons are bugged (even though Rivers of Blood still wrecks shit thanks to the busted weapon art's ridiculous stagger/bleed).

Oh, "magic attack." Yes, weapons that deal magic damage often scale off the present Int modifier. This can be no joke, because if you have high damage stats in everything involved (say, 40 Str/40 Int with a Troll Knight's Sword) you will typically get a proportionately higher AR.

There's no fucking dmg scaling on unique weapons, that's the fucking problem.

Attached: 1640038413136.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

aw man I wanted to use this in NG+

Occult infusion scaling works, and it's the best option for weapons that innately have status effects such as bleed/poison/rot, since the dmg scales with arcane stat while the buildup rate for the status debuff also scales with it.

Just no unique weapons right now, they're all pure trash given how they have literally no damage scaling.

Pretty sure this is the case because FROM changed the weapons from FTH to ARC but forgot to put the scaling for ARC on the weapons. Did anyone try to increase FTH for Rivers of Blood for example to see if the damage increases?

isn't Moonveil unique? Pretty sure that has damage scaling. And I think N&F does too but no one's using that for the R1

>50 vigor
>80 arcane
bruh

user is here to bleed things and THAT'S IT

Arcane scaling does work, but not on weapons that have a direct arcane damage scaling on them.
So Arcane will still passively increase the bleed of weapons.

Yes, and moonveil isn't an arcane weapon but an INT one, what's your point?

That's likely what happened

Yes

oh I thought you meant all unique weapons, not just ARC ones

that's a real shame

Meteorite katana R2 is pure sekino

>70 Bleed Buildup
>On a Twinblade
Per hit?
My 60 Arcane Blood Greataxe deals 121 Buildup and it's a slow beefy weapon. That thing that hits 5 times in two seconds does 70 buildup?
Doesn't bleed buildup get better after upgrades?

There's an issue where upgrading a weapon to +25 lowers damage, I had this problem in all of my keen weapons for my Dex build. So far the weapons affected that I've tried are the Nagakiba, Naginata, and Uchi all lost damage at +25.

I had to roll back my save to use the +24 weapons since I lost out on 50~100AR from the bug. Seems like a stupid oversight, but not all weapons are affected. Like my Keen Guardian Swordspear has normal growth at +25.

And from what I understand Arcane in most cases doesn't scale correctly at all.

Yes, if he were to upgrade that thing, the bleed buildup would get ridiculous with his 80 arcane.

The real talk is that scaling sucks in this game. You get more damage from upgrades in all situations

user what do you think upgrading does

Was watching my buddy play the other night, using two twinblades with bleed ashes on them. a single jump attack bleeds anything that can bleed. And thats without much ARC, I think

DOUBLE ICHIMONJI!!!

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 80.25K)

It has no scamming on physical damage as well

It's really good for the first time in a while. DS2, now that is bad scaling.