Probably one of the worst souls bosses i've ever seen, even the concept is absolute trash...

Probably one of the worst souls bosses i've ever seen, even the concept is absolute trash, it felt like some ps2 cheap game remake.

Attached: elden-ring-how-to-beat-rykard-lord-of-blasphemy-guide-1.large.jpg (1280x720, 134.24K)

BLERURGHOW WEEKEN BLEVOUR GOD TOBLEGHUHHH

and yet he's one of the only good bosses in the game

Presentation was awesome, design was fun, the gimmick weapon was cool and actually fun to use. This is all that's good.

The bad:

Gimmick weapon is ultra shit outside of the fight (would have been epic if buffing the weapon with an element gave you an elemental version of the wind thrusts)

Fight is aids because no Horse despite the massive arena

Have to use the gimmick weapon because we are stuck with prehistoric combat and movement design.

I don't understand who thought this thing was a great idea
>randomly run into some snek
>WHOOPSIE, THE SNEK is a demigod
>demigod sounds like a 75 years old smoker lady
>trash soundtrack
>srena looks like a fucking spiro level
>the yhorm thing again, but trashier and more hilarious
>some constant stun lava thing arround him and attack animations that hod you for a month
>smoke lady gives you some cringe monologe once it dies

I can't understand how the same studio that did bosses like abyss watchers made this.

This. It's amazing how From still can't manage to actually make the Storm Ruler anything but a one and done gimmick

>presentation was awesome

It was ridiculous.

I love Rykard.
Game is trash thou.

Attached: 1626627620052.png (541x598, 449.02K)

>Abyss Watchers
>good
>not being just literal Artorias fanboys
>you don't even fight the legion, just 3 dudes, one that has severe rage issues

>Gimmick weapon is ultra shit outside of the fight

The description made it sound like if you fought snake enemies it would trigger that shit again, tried on a couple and nothing happens.

This boss was awesome though? Probably my faborite gimmick fight, more than the sekiro dragon

Yet presentation is great, artorias fanboys are better than a literal spyro level with some cringe version of stormruler, they already had a great snake boss concept in sekiro, however they managed to do something horrendous this time

Its hard to believe

The whole Volcano Manor has a similar presention though (if you go through the secret passage to access the rest of it).
Storm Ruler in Demon's Souls was great since most bosses were more of a puzzle or hard ways to beat them easier since that was the intended design - classic adventure game. All other iterations of Storm Ruler forget that what made it good was because the whole game worked like it - i.e intended to use gimmicks/effective tools, Storm Ruler was just a literal personification of the entire game design.

>secret passage
What secret passage?

sounds like OP got devoured
TOGETHAAAAA

Presentation of Watchers was fucking retarded. The whole build up to them was some random ass swamp and then when you finally reach them, you just see most of them dead (despite being undead and thus capable of resurrecting endlessly) and just 2 of them fighting. It's shit when the intro to the game hyped you up about fighting a legion of undead just like but cooler and all we got was 3 fags and some lore breaking shit because From realized they can't actually deliver on the spectacle and promise because of their shit gameplay design.

>leveling up the weapon to at least +5 causes you to do 2-3x more damage
>L2 can infinite stunlock as long as you have FP
>can chug FP potion and still get an L2 off before the boss attacks

Roll into the wall behind the corpse that gives you a perfumer bottle in the first room on the right hall from Tanith, it will reveal it's a fake wall and you'll find a passage that you can go through to reach the lower sections of the manor (those buildings right atop the lava)

Divine Dragon still the unmached level of KINO.

Attached: Divine Dragon.png (2322x972, 3.8M)

>music is great
>arena is great
>enemy moveset is great
>Concept is great

Yeah you're coping tho.

Meanwhile spyro snake
>music is trash i wont remember ever
>arena is a spyro level
>enemy moveset is goofy
>cutscene is some hilarious smoker granny saying she will eat you

it's literally the yhorm fight but actually good because there's an actual fight

Music in souls game is always shit. Don't kid yourself.

I think the arena looks funny because of the color palette, idk why did they mixed some vibrant purple with red and orange and added no cintrast, it looks childish.
But i guess lava levels in general are a pretty childish thing

elden shit is on the same lvl as garbage as DS2 was i don't get the hype the open world adds absolutely nothing besides looking good.

>hear nothing but bitching and complaining about Radahn
>he's super fun and the best fight in the game
>mfw this thread after Rykard was also a stellar fight and the best iteration of the Storm Ruler fight

Attached: CF33AECC-E1DB-4228-B3D8-5265CB56D456.jpg (640x480, 37.88K)

Absolute cope, everyone remembers abyss watchers soundtrack.
This one has some who knows what chorus without melody
But i think thats in line with the rest of the game anyway, the only ost i remember is the godskin apostles one

Brainlet taste

>everyone remembers abyss watchers soundtrack.
Nope. Every souls game OST is garbage, generic orchestra with male chorus.
Sometimes with addition of funny noises, like in DeS themes.

How the make the Watchers fight 10000 times better and more memorable:

Recycle the bonfire making animation for a gimmick weapon you use on the Legion.
This weapon can be found in the swamp or done with a quest.
Change the arena to the Farron swamp minus the poison shit
Have up to 20 Watchers in the swamp
They can infight
They have a shared pool
Watchers can be killed but eventually revive after a delay
To kill them, you use the gimmick weapon to burn their corpses before they resurrect (weapon is basically the coil sword that all bonfires have so you burn watchers just like how bonfires use undead bones to function)
Fight starts with the same animation of 2 fighting but it's actually 4 pairs that win their fights
You are then chased by these watchers and the goal is to find the gimmick weapon in the swamp while other Abyss tainted watchers drop in/resurrect and start infighting
Watchers have meh hp but the dangers is aggroing too many of them
The goal is to isolate their corpses and burn them

There, fight now makes more sense lorewise, actually delivers on the premise of fighting undead like yourself and you get the feeling of fighting a fallen legion.

You forgot the shitty fire skulls and red mist in the air that make it impossible to see what the guy is actually doing, forcing you to run around like a retard until that shit stops.
You're just a retard, both are shitty spectacle bosses that are too busy being le ebin to actually be good fights

You're not retarded, congrats.
only INTlets complain about Radahn and Rykard is a good gimmick, Serpent Hunter has a fantastic poke outside of the fight and scales nicely with STR as well

Your ideas are trash though

The only problem with the weapon outside of the Rykard fight is the useless weapon art you can't change and the fact that the weapon has overall less AR than a Heavy Lance.

in a good way

The worst part is that neither is really ebin anyway.
I mean yhorm is a meme gimmick but at the very least i cant take it seriously, this one is straight up hilarious

the weapon is actually pretty decent, damage isnt that great but the moveset is good especially in pvp, the fight is fine you dont need a horse because you have a giant laser spear and you need to dodge

Yeah it's a shame its shackled with the WA, it does a lot of stagger but had to put down for a more customizable spear to go with my greatshield combo

>rollspam gank boss with gimmick infighting is better than an actual gimmick fight that uses the boss' lore and premise to its fullest

This is why Demon's Souls will always be the best souls game

In the way i literally cheesed it the second time because it wasn't worth my time given how shitty it was

>fight some assassin boss behind a hidden wall in a catacomb
>pretty ez so far get him down to 20% fast
>grab with no tell instakills me

I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME

didnt ask, i am correct and you have shit taste, there is no discussion to be had

Nope, your idea sucks ass, presentation on abyss watchers was great and the moveset was smooth