I want to know why everyone is either talking around or outright lying about the fact that all these games (but...

I want to know why everyone is either talking around or outright lying about the fact that all these games (but especially Elden Ring) are im-fucking-possible without the use of a wiki.

Like putting aside the fact that a legitimate 100% blind run would leave players in the dark about worthwhile weapons, upgrade materials, spell locations, etc., SO many important quests revolve around cryptic shit like

>needing two halves of a medallion from all over the world to use the lift
>oh and two more halves of a medallion from all over the world and cycling through the interact options to gain access to a "secret zone"
>shit like an NPC gives you a key without any clues that opens a chest on the opposite side of the world map that anyone would have forgotten about
>randomly needing to exhaust the same dialogue over and over until it changes (??? wtf is this game design)

I could go on, but you get the idea. People talk around this in their pissing matches but I'm willing to bet over 99% of players that have actually finished the game did so WITHOUT the use of a guide or wiki.

Attached: elden-ring-pc-juego-steam-europe-wallpaper-1.jpg (2160x1215, 491.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rOWNVdDSw2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who gives a shit lol

It was fine in the previous games besides a handful of npc sidequests but elden ring's open world made finding important shit or the next part of a npc questline without looking it up a huge waste of time and functionally impossible

Maybe the game doesn't expect you to see every NPC questline on the first playthrough. Maybe the game is intentionally going "there's more going on, try pulling on this thread during your next playthrough". Maybe the game is trying to get you to interact with other people, perhaps in person, but maybe even on Any Forums or whatever shithole you dwell on the Internet, to find things like what happened during the first week here. Maybe the wiki is just a form of that you can delve into after playing the game blind on your first playthrough. It's not that fucking serious, you're missing out on a few souls npc's at worst, oh no.
youtube.com/watch?v=rOWNVdDSw2s

Sekiro wasn't. It is also the only good fromsoft game.

The games are designed around mystery and community involvement. Huge part of their success story. The main throughline of all the games is pretty easy to follow. Who cares if the side content isn't hand-holding the player.

How?

Go play ubisoft shit then

>ugh how come there are secrets in this game why isn't everything apparent and handed to me

Attached: 1618558909375.png (371x353, 118.68K)

First run blind.
Second and onward look up stuff you missed.
Simple as.

Unless you're playing DS2 and you're nearly done with the game with 0 boss weapons, then you can look stuff up. God that game was such a piece of shit on so many levels.

I blindly went to Haligtree and blindly beaten Malenia (with Mimic)
I got 90% of the game before NG+
I even earned all my trophies, just need to do the basic Elden Lord achievement and I’m golden.
The only part that irked me was wasting 3 hours trying to get on the plateau before realizing that it was tied to a Ranni questline. I’m very slightly irritated.

LOOOL

Do you know what's also stupid? The existence of the wiki shows that it is possible to play without a wiki since who the fuck do you think wrote the wiki in the first place?

>go to site of grace
>it points you in right direction
>repeat until credits
retard

I got the Age of Stars ending and found every area without using a wiki.
I only missed one cave dungeon. You're obviously not supposed to find everything/finish every questline in your first playthrough, as evident by the fact that some questlines won't allow you to continue others past a certain point.

>sorceress sellen tells you she will restore the primeval order in the Carian Academy after giving a few clues about his friend Lusat and specific directions to where her body is, good design
>go to the Raya Lucarian academy, nowhere to be found
>turns out you have to go to talk, for no reason, never mentioned in any way, shape or form whatsoever in the playthrough with the announcer from Radahn's Festival
>he tells you he has business to do far away from there, since he is no longer bound to the church
>he might as well be planting flowers anyways, no details
>guess you have to go back to the raya lucarian academy now?
>turns out you have to go to the place Sellen was trapped in, where you take her heart to then bring it to the hidden puppet zone of Seluvis in Ranni's rise
>and the guy at the church who told you "I'm out, lol" apparently has strongs opinions on Sellen
>and NOW you go to the raya lucarian academy
>specifically in the more-or-less-hidden demigod area after Radagon's dog

I love the lore and I analyzed the outer region of Leyndell, but this is way too much. How the fuck does people figure these out? The retard at the church says NOTHING about Sellen and Sellen says nothing about him either. Figuring this out either is datamining or just going back and forth to every single NPC after doing literally anything, how the fuck did people beat it in reasonable time then?

you don't need to look up stuff for ds2 you dumb shitter

This. although Demon's souls and BB are good too.

same with the plateau, big mistake putting buildings up there you can see from below. Just begging you to try and find a way up

Back in the day we had helplines to call, guides to buy or people to talk to during recess for help. Now you can just go online and talk to other people for help or look up guides for free. How is that different? Some games are meant to have mystery and social aspects to them.

Explore at all user, and keep in mind that replays for variety are encouraged by the game's design. Even the main road gives you good gear and upgrade items for each major stat, and Godrick's Great Rune is basically five free levels to every single stat.

dude, just like. enjoy the sense and joy of discovery lmao

>needing two halves of a medallion from all over the world to use the lift
The first Dectus half you get from a questline in the starting area, and the item description straight up says where the second half is. And you don't even need it, you can just take the long way through the tunnels up the cliffs. Hell, that's probably the intended way since Millicent hangs out there.

>oh and two more halves of a medallion from all over the world and cycling through the interact options to gain access to a "secret zone"

The Rold medallion is given to you after Morgott. The real hidden shit is the Haligtree medal, but you can talk to gideon and he directs you to latenna for the first half, and she tells you straight up when you get to the mountaintops that the other half is in castle sol. The description also straight up tells you to use this at the lift of Rold.

user, remember what it took to complete Siegmeyer and Sieglinde's quests in Dark Souls 1. Remember how to find the DLC in Dark Souls 1.

Yeah, the thing with Sellen and Jerren is weird. The rest of the game do a good enough job of signposting you where you're supposed to go for the quest unless it's meant to be obfuscated, like Blaidd being imprisoned.
Even Seluvis telling you to poison Nepheli assumes you're gonna eventually see her again in the albinauric village since Gideon directs you there.

Discounting the straight up cut/broken quests I guess.

This.