Assuming he has been gathering player data all these years...

Assuming he has been gathering player data all these years, he is in the best position out of everyone in the industry right now to make a sandbox MMORPG with actually decent combat.

Attached: Elden-Miyazaki.jpg (1280x720, 154.13K)

MMORPGs simply cannot be good, its structurally impossible

What about a sandbox one that is literally all combat and maybe also building and guild formation?

frombronies are painfully stupid

I'm so sad with what happened with Darkfall Online.

The fact that there already were multiple good MMOs proves you wrong but I agree that ching chong what'shisface wouldn't be able to make anything half-good.

Already has a better combat and currency system and approach to story than any of them, and has experience with online, so what else is needed? Some gay skills to grind?

ok

>approach to story
lmao

Attached: dsfagsdead.png (2340x116, 171.53K)

they can't even make online combat work properly with 2 players, god forbid there's 100

I mean the environmental storytelling, which suits MMOs much better than the typical MSQ bullshit.

>which suits MMOs
Quick, name all mmos you've played.

If they can make a Dragon's Dogma MMO, they can make a Dark Souls MMO.
Done right, with Miyazaki at the helm, it would be kino.
It's also the next natural evolution of the formula. Elden Ring took it open world, their next game will take it massively multiplayer.
Expect another couple of releases first that take advantage of being open world, but they will probably develop the MMO in tandem for years similar to how ER was developed alongside Sekiro.
My guess would be hopefully 2025, but for an MMO that's a pretty short development time even if they start right now. Maybe 2026-2027.
You can screencap this post if you want. This is all conjecture but I'm absolutely convinced I'm right because it's what I would do if I was Miyazaki.

Several, including WoW, Runescape, Guild Wars 2, Maple Story, DCUO, Endless Online, MU Online, Black Desert, Granado Espada. MSQs do not belong in MMOs.

i was doing the sellia dungeon with the 3 crystallian bosses and i summoned because its so easy why not let people farm rune arcs, then the guy gets sent back to his own world when the last one was at ~15%. damn bro thats fucked up.

>MSQs do not belong in MMOs.
All the garbage zoomer mmos you listed said that?

>zoomer mmos
>games from 10-15 years ago
And what the fuck do you even mean by the games "said that"?

>wow, gw2, black desert, Granado Espada
>wow and wowshits + korean garbage
You could've at least said Ultima Online but no, this is the best solesfaggots can come up with.
Your hack can't even make combat that doesn't shit itself or a world that is semi-alive and you want him to make an mmo.

I haven't played UO so I didn't list. If you think MSQs belong in MMOs you have horrid fucking taste.

how old are you?

Unlike you I'm not retarded enough to think a thing is inherently bad, it's how you do it. You won't see me rail against open world just because morons on this board don't know any better just like I'm not inherently opposed to msq in mmos.
Older than you, scooter.

>I'm not retarded enough to think a thing is inherently bad
Of course it isn't "inherently bad," MSQs work for singleplayer and small party co-op games just fine. But not MMOs because it doesn't make any sense in that context and doesn't make proper use of the massively multiplayer aspect.

>Older than you, scooter.
yeah i think that's part of the problem. you're really old and lack perspective on how old you and your tastes are.

mmo is an instant no from me dawg

Look, I know what you mean- From can't write quests, characters, or anything to save their lives. That's why for them to attempt a msq is bound to fail.
That's why they should stick to rehashing a decade old game, which they're happy to do.

You have horrid taste, that's the only reason for this lashing out from you. You actually think MMOs have good stories, lol.

Where did I say that?

So you're just foaming at the mouth because you hate From that much? Either way, you're fucking retarded.