What is Any Forums's stance on summoning in Souls games?

What is Any Forums's stance on summoning in Souls games?

Attached: Summoning in Elden Ring.png (859x462, 307.01K)

every other fromsoft game is borderline easy to solo but elden ring has bosses literally designed to be co-op'd or use NPC summons and if you don't you will just die like a faggot which rubs plenty of people the wrong way for good reason.

who gives a shit, do what you want

>developer adds feature to game
>you're somehow not allowed to use it for reasons

I've never summoned in any other Souls game and in this game they balanced the combat around creature, so it plays like shit. All the enemies do 20 million attacks and are tanky as fuck until you poison or bleed them. The game either ends up being too easy or too hard.

>reddit memes
>souls

Go back, zoomie.

I see more people complaining about people complaining about summons than people complaining about summons

summoning does make the boss fights too easy where it isn't that fun. summoning wasn't balanced right

Elden Ring is too hard without summons, but too easy with summons. The balance is shit with no enjoyable middle ground.

The game is incredibly difficult and I can't conceive of the idea that there are people who are defeating the bosses all alone. Before Elden came out I was afraid the bosses weren't that hard but it's amazing what a total nightmare they are.

They're not difficult in a fair sense though, that's the problem

Explain to me how you're supposed to do this boss without summoning. Serious question.

Attached: Godskin Duo attack and roll animation.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

Bosses are probably the spammiest they've ever been in this game and something to distract them a bit is welcome imo.

they're fun but also an interesting way to increase the difficulty if players want
you're a faggot if you get a sense of superiority for playing with a toy a certain way

Your retarded. All bosses can be solo'd. Cope.

It's fine, if the devs give you a tool it's because you're intended to use it.

They screw the player in two ways, first the mistime of the iframes. I'm intuitively used to an iframe time from Dark Souls to Sekiro and now that time is shorter. Or different.

The other thing I've noticed is that they are also using the "de-time" attack. The enemies fake or delay the attacks, the player activates the iframe but since it is not at the correct time, it is a hit.

Makes me angry, but it is fair. It is Elden Ring. It is new.

People say the jellyfish is great but it seems kinda shitty compared to the imps I started with

honestly, spirit ashes are fine. some of the bosses were not balanced for a single player and its more just waiting for good rng where 2-3 bosses dont just spam aoe bullshit nonstop and give no actual attack window.

Bosses in the older games like O+S or even the throne watchers had ways to separate them or mainly focus on one at a time as one was usually faster than the other. Elden ring bosses are like, oh lets take a boss we balanced for 1v1 and just put multiple of them in a small room with no barriers, what could possibly go wrong?

No one can convince me spirit ashes wernt something they dropped in the game as a hasty way to correct that oversight and make it so they could easily deflect some of the bullshit design decisions as "we gave you the ashes, why not use them?" argument. Most of them, even at +10 do absolutely negligible amounts of damage and are more just a tool to get the ai to stop focusing on you for a few moments here or there and provide an actual attack window.

You're supposed to wait until the Jellyfish poisons

Elden Ring is art, not a toy.

Attached: Elden Ring Cinegrid (2).jpg (3264x1835, 3.92M)

I didn't feel like the game was designed around it until Elden Ring.

Radahn is beginning to piss me off, wish I had done a melee build for him

Attached: Elden Ring destroying Radahn with Hoarfrost Stomp.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

The issue is that a lot of the bosses have decent movesets but do fuckhuge amounts of damage and unless you're fucking perfect at everything you'll get killed in one of the many 12+hit combos. Its not a matter of hey, let me learn the patterns and if i fuck up i get punished a bit but i still have a chance - its more of you better make perfect dodges for a solid 2 minutes or just instantly die to the smallest mistake.

Frankly, most of the late game bosses just do way too much damage. Its like we're on NG++ already to start off with. Its not fun sitting running into an arena 20x praying you get good rng where boss doesnt spam some bullshit attack combos only to get instantly fucked on phase 2 on a new bullshit attack you've never seen before because its a huge gamble whether or not you'll get there to begin with.

Honestly with some relatively minor adjustments it could be great, the framework is there but the balance is just fucked.