What are some examples of western devs getting butthurt over japanese games?

What are some examples of western devs getting butthurt over japanese games?

Attached: 1647120870161.jpg (636x1173, 68.39K)

He wasn't wrong.

Attached: actual screenshot.jpg (3440x1440, 830.37K)

Probably not the best example considering Ijii is literally a character in the game that you literally speak to.

Attached: eldenring_2022_03_05_16_30_30_760.jpg (2432x1368, 1.11M)

It's always the people who make the shittiest western games, too.

Iji is a guy you meet, not someone written about once on an item description somewhere.

They're both shit the difference is people dont make 8 hour videos talking about borderlands

Obsessed. Why do you feel the urge to defend something so fervently if it's actually flawless?

Phil Fish and McMullen laughing at that Japanese Dev. Ken Levine also would obviously be upset at anything after how he reacted to Bioshock 2. Legendary class butthurt.

Mainly because Borderlands has nothing worth speculating about for 8 hours.

Unironicly how is he not right in this particular aspect?
No souls game has a relevant story.
Not a Single one. Its literally always"you are the chosen one" plot with the barebone minimum on interactions possible. Its on the same Level as Mario games.
It only serves as a simplistic concept as a Frage for the game.

Here they come!

it is called minimalism and restraint, something which that idiot knows nothing about as his works are loud, dumb and incoherent. I choose Dark Souls 3 over Borderlands 3 without question.

>borderlands 3 writer
Holy shit this guy needs to shut the fuck up. I would be too embarrassed to put on my resume that I worked as a writer on bl3. Honestly it would have been less offensive to take a shit on the paper on call it a script instead.

Iji is a guy you can meet and talk to, he works for one of the main NPCs in the game.

there is a story and a reason for why all the npcs act the way they do, you are your own person with your mission as well. if you want to know more about the npcs and the world around you you can look for that and its there and not shoved in your face.

At the very least he is right about the youtubers part

He's right. Stop eating shit.

Souls games are just metroidvanias in disguise

just because a retard makes an argument doesn't mean the argument is flawed.
is he wrong?
they spent more time obfuscating the story in elden ring than actually writing it and it's not interesting enough for most people to want to figure it out.

Attached: uploads1646764701726-three+devs.png (532x395, 154.12K)

>Hey boss-san, should we write some lore for our game?
>Nah, just put some vague shit in, the stupid obsessed gaijin will fill in the rest for free
>Genius boss-san

Good thing you don't need to figure it out if you don't want to :)

Attached: l6jrpsaoo7m81.jpg (1079x645, 73.69K)

the fact souls games are so popular is because by now they are normie tier trash. If your game is "covered" by big gaming youtubers it is detrimental to the whole industry

>Boss, I left the review, can I go to my lunch break now?

>*sigh*
>You can't just make a world that people want to learn more about and will go out of their way to piece together the story of!
>Stories in games should be told through characters walking slowly as exposition is given to them!

Attached: g.png (474x520, 94.12K)

Ok and who's the ghost and what did he do to Iji?

Twitter thread, don't get corrupted now and turn back

Even Witcher 3 does everything Horizon does better lmao. Well except optimization.

AAAAA ZANZIBART SAVE MEEE

Yeah but hes the last person on earth who should say this

Wwooooow you have a Mission and the npcs act the way you talk to thhem amazing!!!!!
Oh wait its not.
I will never understan how Souls fanboys try to Die on this Hill.Soulsgames have these 3 particular weakpoints in most cases
>Outdated and Bad graphics
>Incredible trash netcode
>Story is Bad
Lore isnt Story. 3 sentences you read in the description of an item is not Story. 1 sent3nces character mumbles before he dies isnt an interesting Story or a quest

>Hm I should be able to find the story if I climb on the highlighted climbing spots and follow my quest markerâ„¢

Attached: 1483638322133.png (621x668, 402.61K)

Twitterfag is still right though

iji's twenty fucking meters north of this guy.

Yeah? Where's the example he made in Elden Ring?

The ghost was tasked with protecting the ruins leading up to Iji/Ranni.
He failed, as proven by the fact the ruins are overrun

>Westcucks talking about performance and stability on PC

From the most recent releases such as battlefield 2042,Dying light 2, total Warhammer 3 etc.

I know, I met him a minute after finding the ghost. I don't give a fuck about what the cunt on twitter thinks either, but I did laugh out loud when I found it.

the OP tweet is fundamentally correct in that souls fans are more interested in figuring out what the lore IS rather than whether the stories it tells are actually GOOD