Nightmare in Dream Land

What went so wrong?

Attached: kirby comparison.png (488x160, 30.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/polls/GJn4GQNYXyz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess you can say this game was a
.........................................................................................................nightmare

Not having ever owned a NES or played the original game, Nightmare in Dreamland was my only experience with Kirby as a kid, and I enjoyed it a lot.

nightmare in dreamland and super star ultra are equally soulless but zoomers throw a shit fit if you even slightly criticize ssu in particular

The right looks so much more artistically inspired it's not even funny.

Meta Knightmare was fun
Speaking of
strawpoll.com/polls/GJn4GQNYXyz/

Carlos, is that you?

I've never liked Super Star that much to begin with.

>want to replay triple deluxe on my hacked 3ds
>keep getting error codes when doing various things, whether it's looking at the balloon kirby keychain, or even selecting the true arena
>verify my cartridge via godmode9
>verification failed
Are Kirby games usually this unfriendly with luma, or is my cartridge dying? Probably the latter.

I would've preferred it if SS was an actual kirby game with levels strung together and not a gimmicky menu system with terrible gimmick games and some actual game levels thrown in

Attached: carp.jpg (800x600, 39.38K)

Hackurai forces his mandates on Kirby and the director made it bad out of spite

Nothing. I played Nightmare in Dreamland on my GBA, and I loved it. I never played the original until recently, and I liked it too.

SOUL vs SOUL

Nightmare in Dreamland has 4-player co-op, it wins by default.

lately ive been playing triple deluxe and i honestly think it might be a bit better than robobot. the bosses feel a bit harder and more exciting in td, and i actually feel like getting hit by enemies does more damage to you, robobot feels like it just gave up the concept that a player could die in a level (honestly kinda worried forgotten land will continue that trend...)

hypernova is kind of just fodder for boring kiddie puzzles, but i can appreciate the number of unique creatures and features made specifically for the gimmick. Robobot had a few but it feels like each hypernova section has some new wacky thing to look at. In fact i think td might actually be a bit prettier than robobot too (robobot has some nice vistas and setpieces but td has a more grand feeling that works really well for it)

is this crazy or does anyone else get what im saying?

Attached: 20220309_233126.jpg (1920x1080, 183.41K)

I would assume they translated the level layouts verbatim without considering any of the background elements. And then just didn't add any background elements because all the art direction went into the literal backgrounds.

It wasn't originally an Adventure remake.
It may also be the game that caused Shimomura to bail.

Attached: 1497316133704.png (632x756, 688.51K)

>It wasn't originally an Adventure remake.
Lol no adofag, if it wasn't then why is all the adventure content in there?

Attached: 1644704971440.jpg (800x648, 196.65K)

I liked Nightmare in Dreamland and True Arena.

The issue for me is that I felt the other games lacked something compared to the original SNES version. Felt somewhat off.

Zoomer here who never played OG Super Star - what does the original do that SSU doesn’t? Thought it was a one-to-one remake with added content

you're completely correct. ssu is how you do a remake correctly. i genuinely have no idea why thinks it's worse than ss. it's objectively a better game.

So with the colosseum stuff in forgotten land, seems like hal is going back to the arena format instead doing another ultimate choice

They designed the backdrops before designing the actual level just like Final Fantasy XIII did a few years later,I guess its more noticeable in 2d game.

I emulated Super Star and completed it when I was young, then I got a DS and played ultra and enjoyed it even more than the original.

Better art direction and sound design, which is something that may not be important to you until it's gone.

Super Star Saga redid the sprites, but mostly kept to the original's art direction. Only real major loss I can recall is the Copy Ability art, but if that alone is going to break a remake for you then I think you have your standards set too high.

Nightmare in Dream Land on the other hand took a ton of liberties in comparison. That's why it's a worse remake.

The problem with Super Star Ultra, and all remakes like it, is that it destroys the notion of a definitive version of the game. By having a game in which there are some objective improvements, such as more content and more challenging content, as well as objective downgrades, such as worse art and sound, you create a scenario in which neither game is particularly better to experience but neither offer enough to experience both. It also creates a needless divide in it's fanbase that creates unnecessary conflict.

As the perpetrator of this conflict, SSU is a shameful remake.

Love SS
Love SSU
Simple as

As much as I liked superstar ultra, its extra subgames are a little odd thinking back on them
>revenge of the king is the only subgame that’s like the normal ones since its the only one you play as kirby in and isn’t full game speedrun mode or boss rush mode like the others, just pure platforming
>that cut mansion minigame from the original superstar is still cut
>dynablade is the only final boss of a main game sub game that doesn’t get a harder variant in the true arena
It also would’ve been nice if you could play as meta knight in a boss rush mode like kriby and the helpers and the helpers got to be in a full game speedrun mode like meta knightmare ultra