Why are you americans so obsessed with story?

Why are you americans so obsessed with story?
Motherfucker, just make a good gameplay or fuck off

Attached: 297074-neil-druckmann.jpg (666x999, 109.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrdVfLBJlp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because good gameplay stops being good 2 hours in after you've experienced all you could from that """good"" gameplay.

Attached: 164f7ec2d6d3e1af68e4d2f67be46612345d091387825d004edcfafef2a391d1.png (805x720, 668.33K)

Wrong. I could play that same good gameplay loop for hours and play that game multiple times a year. Gameplay will always be more important than story.

>gameplay over story
I agree, but at the same time could Japan stop making everything they write such cringe?

you can put good gameplay in a insane amount of situations, megaman plays almost the same 1 through 6, all good.

what type of cringe you mean?
Like one-liners or bad jokes?
i can easily wank it for my entire life to a good gameplay. Been doing nothing but that ever since covid actually

Because we don't want to make gacha games

But the only good thing about tlou2 is the gameplay

They're failures who couldn't get into hollywood.

TLOU2 has good gameplay though, no one has a problem with that, it's just shitty story
Any Forums is full of third-worlders that really like to say stupid shit about video games without actually playing video games
>inb4 but i don't wanna play tlou2
neither do i, at least watch a youtube video and get a fucking idea about what the game is and what you should be mad about

You can thank TLOU and quantic dream for fucking everything up.
Nope. You have not played DOOM Eternal or Rayman Legends.

That's bad gameplay then.

Funny enough this wasn't about TLOU2 specifically.
And still, TLOU2's gameplay is just third person shooter but with extra steps that make the gameplay unfun. Especially if you try NG+, there are so many obstacles you don't want to deal with that were a torture in the first run

>I can play whack a mole for muh entire lyfe
Yeah no retard, gameplay eventually gets stale.
The gameplay loops will ALWAYS end up being boring after some time.

That is where story kicks in and motivates you to keep playing even after the gameplay is repetitive.

Story >>>>> gameplay

Attached: 1437585988756.jpg (1920x1080, 247.96K)

Call me a retard or mentally capped if you will, but if the gameplay is tight i can do this shit for weeks:
youtube.com/watch?v=SrdVfLBJlp8

>Compromise gameplay in favor of the story
>Writing still sucks
LMAO

TLOU2 is actually a lot of fun on survivor (and probably more so on grounded, I played before they added that). Wonderfully tense and stressful combat, which always feels scrappy and improvisational. You never really feel like you have full control over the current situation, so it's a constant game of risk assessment, situational awareness, resource conservation, etc. It's a lot less enjoyable on lower difficulties. You absolutely need to set it high enough to be an actual challenge for you.

Nah, the story is excellent too. It's an audacious creative direction, and executed very well. It's not perfect but it's leagues ahead of normal game writing. And it's told via arguably the best acting and animation of any game, which does a great job of papering over the cracks it does have.

Easily a 10/10 game.

Attached: 241 - vO1Isis.jpg (3840x2160, 454.95K)

You don't actually like games.

I mean the Japs are pretty shit at storytelling with all their convoluted nonsense yet the West loves them anyway, clearly gameplay is the only thing that people actually care about and most le story criticisms are actually gameplay criticisms dressed in disguise.

Attached: 1591644981987.jpg (1084x1084, 156.26K)

>It's not perfect but it's leagues ahead of normal game writing
GTA 4, Catherine, Alice's madness returns, MW2, etc say otherwise, just too name a few
Agreed with the rest though

what saddens me the most is that fun gameplay ideas like Bomberman or Pacman are not made in that form anymore. Where a gameplay system and it's rules are set in stone while everything around it tries to play around with that. Gets new ideas, new perspectives etc.
Mostly japanese people were or even are still doing that, but the west used to have that mindset too in the past. See Team Buddies. Or hell, see even Driver: San Fransisco. It had the car swap gameplay and every mission - side quest or even main quest - played around with that ruling and added fun little twists to it.

Today someone like Shinji Mikami gets forced into making an open world story-driven Snoy game because his interpretation of third person action was shunned by die-hard Resident Evil fans

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 188.36K)