Trails Thread

>there are people who don't start from FC
Tsk tsk.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 119.61K)

Reminder that Estelle and Joshua fuck like rabbits, and Renne will eventually have a little sister.

Attached: __estelle_bright_and_joshua_bright_eiyuu_densetsu_and_1_more_drawn_by_tekutonbo__c6755bfa551b8211553e518034b7fe77.jpg (753x820, 460.04K)

Most boring jrpg ever

How do Falcom recover, bros?

Attached: trails_series_sales.jpg (1245x1312, 306.18K)

>Heh. Wouldn't it be funny if we had the lead fall in love with her adoptive brother? Haha... Unless.

Attached: __estelle_bright_and_joshua_bright_eiyuu_densetsu_and_1_more_drawn_by_tokoring__4d90c4198db09142b3fbe4575ff93aa3.png (750x700, 591.9K)

I think Mariabell is my favorite villain. She strikes this fun balance of being an evil weirdo and having a an actual point. She's kinda like Richard, but hotter.

Attached: mariabell crois.jpg (227x660, 26.64K)

I have no idea what her point is, beyond acting like some comically evil middle-aged witch in her late teens.

Her point is that Crossbell is fucked, and that drastic measures are needed to fix it. Hell, that frustrating epilogue kinda proved her right.

Attached: you can hear the 'fufufu'.jpg (209x282, 14.16K)

But she gave up on that shit, too. As soon as Ouroboros offered her a position as an Anguis, she was okay with Ian and company's plan failing because she had other things she could do to achieve Ars Magna or whatever alchemist mumbo jumbo she was after. Her impaling Ian, yet somehow letting him live is the epitome of Kiseki, though. All buildup and melodrama, but little consequence. At least until Kuro happened.

Definitely came across as know when to fold em. She gave it her best shot, and it didn't work. Might as well fuck off while the fucking's good.

And yeah, Ian being impaled, but NAH HE'S TOTALLY FINE, GUYS, is a bit silly.

There's a lot of unanswered questions when it comes to her background and how the Crois family functioned which make her motives and behavior a bit weird and inconsistent. Like, the most obvious one is "where the hell are the rest of the Crois family?" No seriously, where's her mom? What about her grandparents? Which of them taught her alchemy? How does Dieter know so little about it that Mariabelle pulled a fast one on him? If Mariabelle that both Dieter's and Ian's plans were pointless, why did she even bother taking in part in them? After all, she's after something that doesn't require sticking around Crossbell to achive. As far as I can tell, she already knew of another method of recreating a Sept-Terrion with Demiourgos' powers prior to the events of Zero.

>No seriously, where is her mom?
... Huh. I just realized they never actually mentioned Mariabell's mother.

You're absolutely right though. The need to maintain the twist means there's a lot of interesting information being left out.

Attached: Eiyuu.Densetsu.VII.full.1044935.jpg (964x838, 166.49K)

The worst part is they'll probably never get back to this, unless Mariabelle is deeply involved with some of the parallel world shenanigans that Kuro started exploring in greater detail.

I love Estelle so much.

>spoiler

Attached: 1621307519042.jpg (236x339, 22.85K)

It's probably not what you're thinking. It has to do with the "Outside" mentioned in previous games in the series. Kuro goes into more detail about demonization and finding some hidden truths of the world beyond what most people can perceive. It's basically a followup to Zero in a lot of ways.

Oooooh, okay. It's just extra-perceptory stuff. Thank fuck, that is much less stupid.

Attached: a52d6425a598144f0191970b66dfbfe1.png (750x1000, 934.85K)

Attached: 1621258974547.jpg (627x800, 107.36K)

Well, not quite. The party does end up going through some dimensional rift in a late part of the game, but everything is still ultimately tied to Zemuria. The point is there's a bigger universe out there that most Zemurians know nothing about and groups like the DG Cult tried to circumvent whatever is keeping them trapped in Zemuria. I think Kuro is the first game to mention space exploration.

... Sigh. And even with all that, we STILL don't know what the hell the Grandmaster is trying to accomplish.

It's gonna turn out she's trying to fight aliens or some shit.

Attached: 1620840420516.png (845x1200, 1.45M)

Well, we're sort of getting there.

Big Kuro spoilers incoming:
Agnes is both the daughter of President Gramheart and a descendent of Claude Epstein's (C. Epstein) adoptive granddaughter, who mysteriously disappeared after Epstein's death. Her reason for seeking Van's help is trying to hunt down the eight pieces of the Oct-Genesis, an artifact that many believe to be the parts of the Sept-Terrion of Time (hence the game's title "Kuro no Kiseki" - as in "Chrono Kiseki"). Epstein said that if the Oct-Genesis isn't reassembled by 120X, the "End of All" will happen. We still don't really know what that means, but it's obviously one of the most important aspects of the plot.

The other important aspect of the plot deals with demons and the Outside. Van is a DG Cult victim who was found to be a prime candidate for demonization. He's got something in him called the "demonic factor", which is why he can transform into Grendel. He's trying to find a way to get rid of it, and there's obviously some super important plot twists yet to be revealed regarding that.

Eh, I'll wait to find out for myself. Thanks for trying to explain it though.

Attached: __estelle_bright_eiyuu_densetsu_and_1_more_drawn_by_ariina_shiokeidanshi__sample-f036613ce0b35881111c308b2a5658e2.jpg (850x601, 132.38K)