Howcome there never was a worthy successor

Howcome there never was a worthy successor.

Attached: q3.jpg (800x974, 143.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ioquake3.org/get-it/
orangesmoothie.org/tourneyQ3A/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its impossible to make a worthy successor of Quake 3.

Im old, i remember playing this during LAN parties at my school. At first I'd get my ass kicked, because i used the laser sniper rifle and its firing rate is awful.

And over time i got better and better, and i dominated, i won everytime just because i could snipe from halfway across maps whilst rocket jumping.

This was before i transitioned and lost all my friends.

Govt post

team fortress 2 exists? are you stupid?

Nobody actually wants such a successor because that would require the players to move on and start from scratch. You don't invest your childhood into mastering one game to be told 'git gud' in another.

Tf2 was a massive casual downgrade compared to quake you retard

Quake players have so good fundamentals they become good at other shooters with less effort than noobs.
Funny bait.

Attached: gay ben.jpg (295x320, 30.7K)

Because Arena players and Quake 3 + CPMA fags are entitled faggots.
and zoomers and oldfags hates quake 3 even more because of them.

Attached: larpers quake.png (1224x300, 97.68K)

Just my opinion, but I think the original Unreal Tournament was much more fun to play. Giant Map Clan/instagib/low grav was some of the sweatiest gameplay I've ever experienced.
I did enjoy Q3A, it was a great game, I just preferred UT. It was a shame the rest of the UT series fucked up everything enjoyable about the original.

Attached: unreal-tournament-99-goty-logo.jpg (890x501, 104.38K)

Just butting in to comment that I loved this game to death and I HATED UT2004.
Everybody just autistically replayed in the SAME map (DM-Rankin) over and over and over, while the game had over 100 maps (all ignored).
Plus the maps were all designed with completely open environments, where there wasn't a SINGLE spot that wasn't open from at least three directions (no enclosed corridors, no dead ends, tons of holes in every wall).
Plus all weapons were just stepping stones to get to the Shock Rifle, which rewarded autistic sniping after you memorized the map, making the sniper rifle redundant, while ALSO being good from up close with annoying knockback AND (why not!) a midrange instakill combo. And let's add headshots to the game, because we need to make focused sniper weapons even more overpowered.
You spent the game getting shot from insane distances from impossible angles from who-knows where (holes in the floor, holes in the ceiling, one of the three corridors that all converge in the same room) or being instakilled by a Shock Combo while you are essentially in cover (the same situation in Quake 3 would have ended with one player charging in with the Gauntlet or rocket jumping beyond the corner to try to get you from the air).

In Quake 3 you had BATTLES, you know where your opponent is coming from, he knows where you're coming from, you fight.
In Unreal Tournament you instakill enemies from the back and then you get instakilled from the back, if you see an enemy they're dead, if an enemy sees you you're dead, there are no fights

i fucking hated how they removed gibs in quake live

holy fuck you are retarded

??

quake live got enough updates to be a q3a clone, qc has modes where its literaly just q3a but the ratio of players actually playing those modes compared to using champions was so pathetically low they just made them modes for custom games

zoomers hates arena games, they all shit fartnite because it plays on their shitty mobile phones.
and they get shit by doing nothing.

It was immediately after the Quake 3 / UT 99 era that Microsoft launched the Xbox, and bought or paid off a large number of developers to go gamepad-first for game design.

Fast paced twitchy arena shooters just don't work well with gamepads, and the community who was playing those games largely stayed on PCs eventually making their own games like Xonotic.

Quakelive was killed because you couldn't create a server if you didnt pay a game as a service type subscription.
The change of damage rail was doing from 100 to 80 also turned away some people. Item timers in causal modes also turned away many.
Retarded settings that are allowed to server creators also turned away many people.

You could play classic duel without paying.

All in all that faggot that made the pasta is more of a faggot than anyone.

Sure faglord larper

this, mechanically its insane how good it is, it should be displayed in museums next to statues and shit
ut had way more style and atmosphere but the pure gameplay of q3 is way better imo

We can play a few duels if you want faggot.
ioquake3.org/get-it/
orangesmoothie.org/tourneyQ3A/index.html

Nah, Fuck quake 3 in general, Single player is better.

Filthy casual.

no he's right you guerilla nigger