CDPR fucked up by originally selling this as an open world RPG...

CDPR fucked up by originally selling this as an open world RPG, when it is actually a story-driven FPS with some RPG elements.
The writing is incredible, the characters feel super real, the combat is even fun now that the AI is less incompetent than at launch, the city is huge, beautiful and super dense with things to find and do. Even the little NCPD scanner mini-missions are all scenarized.
Really great fucking game overall. Shame it's been held back by bad marketing and some technical issues (some of which are still present in 1.5, but not gamebreaking like they were at launch).

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

>the writing is incredible
Please be bait.

V says GAY RIGHTS!

Attached: Cyberpunk2077_2021_01_02_07_20_15_744.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

Got a counterargument to this?

Yeah, it's not.

I do but it's 7:03 AM and i wanna go to sleep and not engage with a shitty troll like you. See ya

Attached: Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_18_17_21_48_444.jpg (1920x1080, 144.71K)

Cool.

Desu it felt to me like an open world DX:HR which most people consider an RPG.

>Expect someone to counterargument your autistic bullshit
>nobody wants to waste their time because they think you are joking
>"I won a argument in 4funny mom"
>(you) open another thread
>someone laughs at you
>expect som...

Attached: 1647060886470.png (244x207, 6.15K)

Yeah the line is pretty subjective. I find CP lighter than Deus Ex on the immersive sim elements though. If you have a locked door for example, you'll usually just have to possibility to open it based on STR or INT attributes, or the code will be right there on a computer in the same room. There's less convoluted immersive sim solutions there usually.

Take your meds schizo. I'm not here to argue with anyone. I finished the game yesterday, enjoyed it immensely, and was hoping to discuss it with other people. If someone hated the writing enough to call me a troll over it, I'm interested in why.

The writing is shit
The main story is poorly developed and full of holes and 99% of the sidequests are hired hitman stuff. Only the Dream on one has a sci fi setting
Game is pretty and now is mostly bug free but is shallow as fuck

>V stole a chip from Arasaka
>Arasaka sends an agent to kill you
>for some reason, they send another agent to kill the first agent, justifying the suspicions of the first agent and helps you escape
>the leader of Arasaka straight up gets choked and fucking dies
>"uhhhhh he was poisoned"
>live in the age where a single scan can detect the cause of death
>everyone eats the bullshit up
>Johnny's chip can override your brain and take control of your body
>but apparently, you can't turn your personality into a chip, remove the Johnny chip and reinsert the V chip (congrats, you will now live + apparent immortality because you can just plug your consciousness into another person)
>can't do that because the plot is too unbearably retarded and relies on constant plot holes
>in one of the game intros, you try to steal an incredibly expensive car
>cops catch you
>they simply beat you up and throw you in a ditch
>they don't throw you in prison
>they don't kill you, they just skidaddle for no reason
>The VDBs are supposed to be a symbol of freedom fighters, trying to maintain freedom across the net
>but breaching the Blackwall dooms society due to the hordes of ultra viruses and AIs that can kill, destroy everything or hijack your body (Cyber Psychosis)
>you kill every single faction member or gang
>they don't care
>for some reason, Arasaka can't just bust a random goon with their godlike secret police because... plot

It's shit.

Attached: d45 (1).png (223x422, 7.78K)

developers blatantly lying isnt "bad marketing" bro

You miss when a whore thinks she can outsmart a jamaican cult of hackers and steal on her place from the biggest and evilest megacorp and doesnt even have the brains to flee town when shit hit the fan
And the only reason Arasaka kept an engram of a retard like Silverhand was to bait her ex gilfriend now a sentient AI living in digital lalaland

>Arasaka sends an agent to kill you
>for some reason, they send another agent to kill the first agent, justifying the suspicions of the first agent and helps you escape
Takemura's supposed to just show up and kill you. I imagine that when Arasaka sees he doesn't and instead puts you in his car, they decide to kill him too because now he may realize what really happened.
>the leader of Arasaka straight up gets choked and fucking dies
>"uhhhhh he was poisoned"
This is actually addressed. It's a fucking Japanese family empire. They can't afford the scandal, so everyone pretends to believe the poison shit to keep the peace.
>Johnny's chip can override your brain and take control of your body
>but apparently, you can't turn your personality into a chip, remove the Johnny chip and reinsert the V chip (congrats, you will now live + apparent immortality because you can just plug your consciousness into another person)
This is addressed. That's actually Alt's plan, but then when she tries to do it, turns out the chip has been in there too long, and your body has altered itself to accomodate Johnny's consciousness, and so if you decide to remove Johnny and live as V, you get some auto-immune disease that'll kill you in 6 months. There's even another ending where Arasaka extracts V's consciousness into a cheap and tells you they'll put you back into a new body as soon as Arasaka can make one for you.
>cops catch you
>they simply beat you up and throw you in a ditch
>they don't throw you in prison
>they don't kill you, they just skidaddle for no reason
This is addressed. The cops were actually bought by the rich owner of the car, who demands they shoot you in the head and drop you in a dumpster, but you know the cop from growing up so he lets you live.

>The VDBs are supposed to be a symbol of freedom fighters, trying to maintain freedom across the net
Not really, everytime you hear about the VDB, it's someone telling you that they're spooky fuckers doing dark shit on the net.
>for some reason, Arasaka can't just bust a random goon with their godlike secret police because... plot
The US has been unable to get one goon for years (Assange). It's not impossible.

>You miss when a whore thinks she can outsmart a jamaican cult of hackers and steal on her place from the biggest and evilest megacorp and doesnt even have the brains to flee town when shit hit the fan
I mean yeah, and she dies because of it.

>Arasaka extracts V's consciousness into a cheap
chip*

The game misses the whole plot of Arasaka killing people to turn them into digital slaves.
That side of the story is barely explored beyond a couple mails on a random computer so in the end it almost feels like Arasaka did nothing wrong.
The game fails big time in depicting evil megacorps (sure, Silverhand wont shut his mouth about it, but thats all)

>The game misses the whole plot of Arasaka killing people to turn them into digital slaves.
I remember there being a lot of talk about that in-game at least towards the end. I don't remember if it was V and Johnny talking about it but it was something about how Arasaka has to be stopped because they have no moral obstacles to keeping people's souls in a digital prison for an eternity.

You have shit taste and a very subpar standards.

Thanks for showing up and contributing nothing to the conversation.

I agree with everything, but - writing is shit.