Skyrim is legitimately the only game I have been playing since 2011 outside of the occasional Rocket League and Fable...

Skyrim is legitimately the only game I have been playing since 2011 outside of the occasional Rocket League and Fable II replay. I have thousands of hours spanning multiple versions and releases. Skyrim is GOAT.

Attached: ss_5d19c69d33abca6f6271d75f371d4241c0d6b2d1.1920x1080-3.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Based. My boyfriend and I love Skyrim too.

Attached: 1636754180026.jpg (2560x1440, 702.54K)

Skyrim is peak casual bethesda. something that is designed to satisfy everyone while still maintaining their open-world philosophy.

their mod tools are a huge advantage for them too giving the average player simple yet complex tools that he can use to create games on their own like the forgotten city.

I have a lot of hours in Skyrim too but only modded, vanilla Skyrim is shallow, boring trash.
Gameplay overhauls are a must.

It's alright.

Attached: 20220215115627_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

Starfield will be KINO.

>defending skyrim

Probably not. How people expect anything from Bethesda is beyond me

What do you even do in this game? I played it for a long ass time since release and I'm now dead tired of it because I managed to narrow it down to a speed run of obtaining really good items that I will never need to upgrade.
It's not like you can roleplay in it.

Skyrim VR is one of my top video games of all time. If anyone has a headset and hasn't tried it yet, I highly recommend that you get on that immediately. Don't forget the essential VR mods like VRIK and HIGGS, plus whatever you usually use for SE.

amen to that

It just works user, you should buy it.

i did
thanks todd

What's so good about Skyrim VR?

"Oh wow it's Skyrim again but this time it's really close to my eyes!"

Nice try, Todd, but no sale.

lol cope

Unironically almost everything. Let's skip the obligatory gimmick of seeing things in VR, "really close to my eyes" as you say. The magic feels fucking amazing. You have a spell in each hand, aimed in any direction you want - even separate directions. You can run forward with your hands shooting flames behind you like you're shitting napalm. You can hurl fire balls at something on a hill with your right hand while your left is electrifying some wolf that dared to get close. It feels like how magic should feel. It's actually one of the best VR games for magic, and it shits all over non-VR Skyrim's magic.

Apart from magic, unarmed is also great in VR. Instead of that horrifically slow three-punch slog animation, you punch at the speed you can physically punch. If you're willing to be active, it's an actually viable way of playing through the game with decent dps. Archery is also improved by forcing you to go through the motions, although admittedly modded VR archery is greatly superior to the base VR one. For negatives, regular melee is cursed by wagglan, so you can abuse it if you choose to, and crossbow is just weird since it's aim and shoot with auto reloading instead of VR reloading and it still forces you to walk while it reloads (losing control over your character is always shit in VR, always).

So apart from crossbows, all of combat is greatly improved. Another bonus, which you might not care about, is the greatly increased immersion that VR brings. I hardly fast travel anymore because trekking through the woods and exploring is actually engaging. I really, really like hiking to the top of a mountain and looking out over areas with my draw distance/environment/weather/sky mods, enjoying the ambience of things. I couldn't care less about the same thing in regular Skyrim, but in VR it's incredibly satisfying. Lastly is just the sense of scale you get from virtually being there, but that's too hard to explain.

VR >>> regular

Did you finally climb that mountain?

Go away, Todd.

>Better characters
>Better story
>Better melee combat
>Better ranged combat
>Better stealth system
>Better spell casting
>Better interactive environments
>Better traps
>Better secrets
>More interesting item design
>Better bosses
>Better enemy mechanics
>Better class system
>Better talent system/choices
>More engaging crafting
>Better platforming / movement
>Better level design
Dark Messiah mogs Skyshit

Attached: 1642369079082.png (252x357, 185.08K)

Oh, and unrelated to that question, but one more big thing that makes Skyrim VR better than just about every other VR game is that it feels like a complete game, not some tech demo or small little passion project. Tons of other VR games do melee better, others do archery better, others even do immersion better, but none of those can boast being complete experiences like an actual full video game like Skyrim can. It makes a world of difference.

Fuck yes I did. Actually, the first time I reached the top of a mountain in Skyrim VR I was struck by the awful LOD of vanilla Skyrim and was given a completely unsatisfying view from the peak. Fixing that was one of my first mods for VR, even if it makes my graphics card go brrrrrrr.

Id agree if it didn't stutter like shit around the edges, idk the technical term. It's great if you can get over the jank

If this game is so good, why does it have the Ubisoft logo on it?

skyrim has zero redeeming qualities besides mods