What is it with these remakes and constantly missing the point of the original?

what is it with these remakes and constantly missing the point of the original?

Attached: Screenshot_20220312_113907_com.google.android.youtube.jpg (2340x1080, 868.97K)

idk

>light is blue instead of brown
IM LOSING MY FUCKING MIND AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Which is?

To be honest I kinde like the Blues Brothers codec calls in the remake

AAAAAAAAHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Attached: Stop It Zach.png (1920x1080, 538.43K)

>doom 3 and doom 3 bfg edition

do you care enough to substantiate your claims or are you still convinced older games from your childhood are somehow flawless masterpieces and that every single new game that releases is pure irredeemable garbage, unaware that what is said now of our current games was said before about their current games?

Attached: image0-14 (2).jpg (474x429, 16.73K)

lel

the original color pallette is meant to make you feel choked and intoxicated, it feels like a picrel industrial factory in space (which is what the Ishimura is)
the remake is way too clean for what is essentially a century old industrial mining colony, also where the fuck are those god rays coming from?

Attached: Kawasaki_Industrial_Area_Japan_06_(87429393).jpg (2048x1365, 1.05M)

you zoomers will never appreciate the industrial aesthetic

Attached: Kawasaki_Industrial_Area_Japan_08_(94111183).jpg (2048x1366, 1.07M)

It does look awful. The thing is DS1 looks great still. I've played the 360 version upscaled on Xbone and it looks really good, I would imagine pc is better

he is right you fuckwit. shut up

>The thing is DS1 looks great still
No, it does not. Where it really suffers is the lighting. It's absolutely awful by today's standards. It's a game that screams for things like PBR and its absence is very noticeable.

I really just don't see the point of remaking a game from the ps3 generation and above when that's when graphics started looking like they still do today.

this

Attached: 1643791519917.png (869x853, 1.05M)

Jesus, what did they fucking do to the fluted set?

I saw a video that compared the Plasma Cutter sounds from the originasl and the remake. I couldn't help but notice that the way Isaac aims and shoots the plasma cutter looks infinitely cooler in the original. He holds that tool with one hand and takes the recoil in his shoulder. The remake has Isaac holding the plasma cutter like a pistol instead of a tool, and the recoil animation is obscene.

Attached: Dead-Space-Hallway[1].jpg (1920x960, 195.75K)

It depends on the game. The biggest advances technologically has been in lighting and lighting based effects so if that doesn't really matter much to your game, like it doesn't to Demon's Souls which is largely static lighting and post processing effects, it's probably not worth a remake but something like Dead Space, which made extensive use of dynamic lighting, will probably be significantly helped by the improvements. Although, maybe you don't even really need a remake. Just upgrading the renderer would be sufficient. But you can't sell that and if you can't make money from it what's the point?

I despise dynamic lighting.

>also where the fuck are those god rays coming from?
from a light dipshit

samesies I would just prefer high resolution and frame rates and if its console locked then bringing it to sex/pees5 would make for better load times as well.