What's the lore reason for these small obelisks?

What's the lore reason for these small obelisks?

Attached: 20220311171910_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

try but hole
XD

very cute and very valid girls sit on them to feel good

what ds2 mod is this

I feel like it must be a marker for where the developers framed the axis of the map. Or something like that. They seem to be in the most inexplicable places at times.

That's blot the correct phrase you dirty Mexican

They are dildos so cute gay male protagonist can have some fun before a boss fight.

those block enemy respawns

they mark sites where The Loathsome Dung Eater defiled a corpse

whats the lore reason for enemies and mobs restarting on death/bonfire? Seriously, makes no sense in this open world.

They're related to the spirit summons, so maybe some kind of grave catalyst

Death itself has been fucked over

I thought the consensus was that they we giant but hole dildos.

erdtrees respawning them to stop (You). it has baziilion souls inside it

This is a solid theory.

At first I thought these were something religious or something but then I found them at the remotest, weirdest places.

Maybe they function as teleport points for the devs so they wouldn't need to run everywhere for play testing or something and they forgot to remove them.

Its a 50cm dilation station

that's the weakest ayylamo shit I've heard

I'm making a 5 hour introspective video on this very topic.

Its why they talk about destined death so much. Its gone from the world.

rune of death was stolen, destined death is on ice

also lands between sort of feel like a mythological heavenly realm so i kind of don't expect typical rules of life and death to apply

i thought they were some sort of horse hitching pillar.

Attached: 1398877368114.jpg (526x300, 52.06K)

shattering of the elden ring/stealing the death rune has flipped the death thing. Now demigods and gods can die, but everybody else cant.

so the erdtree is a dnd dungeon master that ratuonally spawns every singe enemy at the same place over and over again. What about the other tarnished?deepest lore.

>They're related to the spirit summons

Hm, might be what makes you able to summon. Maybe you need to be within a certain radius of this obelisk to be able to summon. Need to research this theory more...

If only I had giant,
but hole

Genuinely like this theory, choosing to believe it.

>rune of death was stolen
yet you kill bossfight and other random shit mobs permanently.

its what allows you to spirit summon when youre nearby, youll see a purple gravestone on your hud

I mean thats for gameplay purposes though.

They enable spirit summoning. When you're near them you can use ashes which is why they're in every boss room or large enemy camp.

What are their tax policies?

>>They're related to the spirit summons
It's literally this, you can only summon within an area with one of these monuments.
They also take the shape, although much smaller, of some obelisks used as a gravestone in some areas of japan I believe.

well bosses/demigods have been specifically weakened by the theft of the rune of death thats very explicit

You ever seen 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Exactly.

There's surely a reason they exist that nobody has figured out yet.

Sorry user, but that's wrong and just coincidence.

These little obelisks are EVERYWHERE. Just keep an eye out for them and you will see them in places where you can not summon ashes.

The Erdtree collects 100% unless you can't pay like the Tarnished or Ranni.

Aah so that's what decides it. I could never quite understand why some areas allowed for summoning while others didn't.

arent the maiden statues with blue light coming out of them your indicator for overworld summons?

those are just resource containers that hold certain smithing stones, they can be destroyed by large enemies

those have smithing stones in them if you get a giant to hit it for you

You don't, not until Destined Death is released. Look carefully and you'll notice bosses like Godrick and Morgott still laying in their arenas.

It's a videogame my dude

>Godrick has literally been alive this whole time listening to one of his house servants shittalk him while having his face stomped on for 40+ hours