This game solved almost all design flaws of the HoMM series

This game solved almost all design flaws of the HoMM series.

Attached: iuBsSb.png (616x353, 52.24K)

>doesn't have a story campaign
Hard pass

Elaborate please, havent played and am interested

It didn't. Babby casual tier garbage.
HotA is a masterpiece and you have no right to criticize the game unless your online rating is at least 500, worthless dogs.

>design flaws
And fucked up everything about the visual design itself.
It looks like total shit.

Varying pixel resolution is cancerous, and a staple of pixel art illiteracy.

Attached: file.png (1403x815, 41.74K)

Well its very similar to HoMM but the fights are kinda semi automatic and real time but u can give general orders during the fight as well.
Its really good and the magic is in the design details.
There are all sorts of tweaks the the base formula.
Like heroes can camp near resources for extra defense and resource gain.
Units can move on their own without a hero.
No more 1 unit cheesing because of real time.
It also has like 12 castles.

>he made some pixel art
yeah we get it, you drew a pixel once.

Learn from criticism, not whine about it.

They fucked up, get over it.

Been playing it a lot recently, definitely a solid indie game worth the coin.

Attached: 1647017697225529984.png (740x638, 557.72K)

It seems okay, but i heard the AI rushes like crazy and i was hoping it would be a more relaxed experience. A lot of indies suffer from this because devs are terrified of people calling their game too easy

Trusting retarded steam reviews huh

Ive done several runs now and i havent noticed anything like that.
Also there are like 20 options to control different difficulty aspects.

How has homm3 managed to look so timeless? This game looks like dogshit compared to a game made 20 years ago.

You can control the difficulty of guards separating your and the enemy's realms.
just make them super tough.

Yeah it looks great but the gameplay didnt age well.
Stuff like one unit cheesing or the fact that differences in army strengths become exponential.
Here you can only engage with X amount of units at start and then during the fight can all reinforcments as your units die.
So Even a small army can do ok even if it loses.

I've played on challenging, and usually I can go around and claim everything or at least almost everything in my starting zone before the AI really does anything to me. There was one instance where the AI came in and killed an easy fight and took a resource building from me but then left it undefended right afterwords and left and I got to snatch it back easily.

I mean if you're bad and just let units die too much, you'll get set back a lot and have to make up for it by spamming spells and stuff. Typically though I play with 2-3 AI, and they always end up fighting eachother, or one might try to sneak behind via water and try to take my capital but I can usually town portal before that happens.

I just hate the maps that have teleporters, because that shit can feel like there's no warning before they're right on your shit.

Good to know especially about the difficulty sliders. Love that in games like this.

Attached: vp1isg1rdsxg.gif (400x276, 790.58K)

>summons 300+ elementals on top of you
Nothing personal goy, just business...

Attached: artworks-khvv5KlG7fVPGrye-DzPLqA-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 55.04K)

Looks like pixelshit vomit. It should be illegal to make video games without an artist.

>takes longer to cycle turns than HOMM5
i just went right back to HOMM3+Wake of Gods after i noticed that, there is no excuse for this nonsense in 2022

Stupidly hard RNG game that requires rerolling your hero 50 times and playing perfectly on normal mode to beat, hard/hardcore+ aren't harder they are just more RNG based to make it 'feel' hard to some autists, but normal mode is already max difficulty. Game expects you to cheese and use every dirty trick in the book because the AI certainly will. Pretty good though.