About to play my first GTA game. What should I expect? Will I like it?

About to play my first GTA game. What should I expect? Will I like it?

Attached: Nico_art.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 88.82K)

Some bowling

Get ready for some of the best writing in vidya history

Attached: a78cd44lrgy51.jpg (740x1124, 82.46K)

a bunch of missions where you chase somebody but the game never lets you catch up to them until they reach the location for the next cutscene to happen

>He chooses the worst 3D GTA game for his first

Completely fucking wrong and proven to be a fool, the game will admittedly do bullshit like rubber band the car you're chasing and it's difficult when they throw obstacles at you but you can end almost any chase early if you are good enough.

Attached: maxresdefault (18).jpg (1280x720, 49.11K)

Wrong

>muh reelism brown and bloom autism srs buisness for srs gamers
GTA IV killed the franchise and is soulcrushingly dull.

You already got your wacky colorful San Andreas pseudo-sequel that Rockstar now milks for the rest of time bro, you don’t need to take it out on the last good game in the series.

SA killed the franchise, IV tried to bring it back to life and V finished it off for good.

V sucked because it was too much like 4 and not enough like Vice City or SA.

Lol.

>noooooooooooooooooo I can’t fly around a jet pack that is essentially just the same thing as a helicopter

The prequel to the best GTA

Attached: Calavera Loco.jpg (1895x1080, 285.62K)

>360 era nostalgia kiddies coming out to play
figures.

It was more like SA than 4 in every way, fuck man the game flat out kills one of the protagonists from 4 to introduce a character.
5 was literally made for faggots like you who couldn’t live without their wacky planes and shit and now we’re stuck with it for the rest of time because you couldn’t handle a story that wasn’t rushed out in a first draft.

gta v has the best gunplay
gta iv has the best story/main protag
san andreas has the best map
vice city had the best radio
gta iii is shit
gta 2 is actually the one with the best radios
never played gta 1

Attached: 1610259171815.jpg (500x500, 63.09K)

Those kiddies are the same PS2 kiddies who started with SA you faggot.

If 5 was made for me they did a shit job because it wasn't fun like III, VC or SA. It was just IV but with retard main characters.

You’ve clearly never played through 4 nor experienced its fun physics engine that Rockstar opted not to bring back for 5.

GTA IV and RDR2 are peak R*, you can't even prove me wrong, they both excel at creating immersion and living, breathing worlds.

I played 4 on release and it was soulless realism wank to bring in the casual audience. V was a half hearted attempt to go back but they only went halfway.

Exactly, I remember spending hours just bumping into NPC's and knocking them off the ledge near Roman's cab place, in V everything is much less satisfying, from the physics to the combat to the driving

>I played 4 on release and it was soulless realism wank to bring in the casual audience.
Nigga it was a much needed return to basics like GTA 3, the one it shares the most with.

zomg ragdolls so funny
Kids are easily amused

Nah. Muh REELISM was the popular trend of the gen and they went away from funallowed because they thought the CoD generation would rather play a simulator than a fun game.

I don't know if it is sad or not, that the highlight of the game are the ragdolls.

>Muh REELISM was the popular trend of the gen and they went away from funallowed because they thought the CoD generation would rather play a simulator than a fun game.
Nah, its because Rockstar realized after five GTAs on the PS2 that run and gun are the strong point of the gameplay. Why do you think people meme the fuck out of GTA SA's missions that aren't run and gun? Because they were jank as fuck and not fun.

But where's the fun gameplay?

How is it sad? You're going to be spending a big chunk of the time blowing away other characters with guns and cars, why not make it good?

>> Every GTA IV thread ever " Waa its too realistic"
>>Every Saints Row thread ever "Waa its too wacky"
You faggots will bitch about and and everything.

I’m 30 and they still amuse me, you just sound jaded.

Except bodies are not made of literal rags, the slightest force applied to an npc makes them flail around like inflatable men.

Just give me III, VC, or SA, which is the perfect medium.

>the slightest force applied to an npc makes them flail around like inflatable men.
And? That shit was fun as fuck watching them spaz out when you kicked them down the stairs.

If exaggerated ragdolls make a game for you, Human Fall Flat will make you lose your shit, I don't see how that makes a game good but whatever, your time.

go play the Stories games then, they are basically xpacs for 3 and VC.

This is GTA at its peak.

Attached: GTA IV.jpg (1920x1080, 246.79K)

Having to re-start the 15 minutes of driving to the mission objective every time you die or fail during a story mission
Shit was annoying

Every gun in GTA 5 feels the exact same GTA 4 mogs that dull peashooter shit,GTA 3 had better gunplay

For a few minutes, and now I am sure it is sad that is the highlight of the game.

>shoot an npc once in five
>flop over like a puppet with their strings cut
>shoot an npc in iv
>they stumble
>hold the wound
i like iv just because v's is so fucking boring, but for me, rockstar was at their best with ragdolls in max payne 3. that shit was nice

I can admit these are way better than base GTA IV or V.