Makes your game a thousand times better instantly

>makes your game a thousand times better instantly

Roll was an error

Attached: 20220312_025009.jpg (878x331, 77.37K)

where's the nigga that drops this at?
i've been rolling with the simple quickstep since ~capital and wish I had been using it since the first second.
when the AI is finetuned to abuse roll timings you gotta use a different dodge to make it fair.

doesnt this only make you invincible and with the retarded enemy input reading wouldnt they just hit you even though youre invis?

Attached: himawariandfriends.jpg (480x479, 40.79K)

Caelid, during night in the bridge southeast to the bestial sanctum, not the one qith the dragon, there is another one below, eastwards, there, it appears a night chivalry

btw anyone have the webm of the enemies obviously input reading?

No, its basically bloodborne quickstep

ah, thanks.

Roll will always be dogshit because it adds input delay, as the roll happens on the release of your button press and not on the actual press, as the game doesn't know if you want to roll or sprint. Sekiro fixed this by having you always quickstep which smoothly transitioned into a sprint. Bloodhound Step 100% feels like how this game was meant to be played, and you can actually avoid stupid anime attacks like Malenia's vergil dance and can rely on a single dodge to get you enough distance away from long combos.

Lots of enemies have great tracking but weren't designed with tracking this in mind, its pretty much a better roll (except it also costs fp), this also has iframes

no, enemies are finetuned with hitboxes and combo timings to get your rolls, not quicksteps, which move you further with different timing and a fuckton more i-frames. it balances the game.

>try to run
>roll instead
Stop being fucking retarded. Of course the roll occurs when you let go of the button. Don't hold it. Tap it.

Most fights are very doable with a roll, Melenia too, she just has somewhat tight windows on when and where to do it and its not really ever clearly shown when she does her bullshit. Its not the best since it has to wait for the button release but its not like literally impossible

I know how to fucking roll, I'm doing it right here, but the system is just objectively inferior for a game with enemies as fast and aggressive as Elden Ring, and it would've been improved with Sekiro movement.

Attached: radagon.webm (720x404, 2.9M)

>Don't hold it. Tap it.
....... which adds input lag frames because the average human doesn't input a button press and release in less than 16 milliseconds, which is 1 frame in a 60 fps game. retard.

I agree with your point. It's not as good as the developers "fixing" this but there are ways you can alleviate it. Using steam input you can set the B button to be a "start press" (ie, it acts as an instant on/off regardless of whether your thumb continues holding it after). Of course, by doing this you can't hold to sprint, but you can also add a long press activator for that separately, or have sprint tied to a separate input entirely.

I just wish you could parry like in Sekiro, it feels much more satisfying than dodgerolling.
Yes I know that there is parrying in the game, but it's not nearly as reliable

Is dodging more about timing iframes or actively avoiding hitboxes?

it seems more like the former, like they copypasted the dodge mechanic from tales of arise

>costs fp
DROPPED

FROM games actively encourage you to dodge into attacks instead of away from them. You become an ethereal ghost will rolling.

not the same game type, surely you can see why rapid parrying doesn't fit in the design philosophy of dark souls.
it ruins roll, running away, jumping.
one flask can carry you through a bossfight, and you rarely need it against normal enemies.
this is from experience. and it saves you many normal estus with the superior dodge.

that would really break pvp, sekiro blocking is so strong (it had to be since that game didn't have a roll)

It's cumbersome to use, you're either sacrificing a right-hand unique to use it or constantly having to switch to two handing your left hand weapon every time you want to use it

This should've been a talisman

>doesn't fit in the design philosophy of dark souls
Well yeah, but the game didn't have to be Dark Souls 4
This is true, I never play online so I didn't consider PVP

>you can have a step
>or you can have one of an amount of arts that absolutely rape everything with damage and status afflictions
Hmmm