Which video games belong in the masterpiece tier?

Which video games belong in the masterpiece tier?

Attached: 1647040820611.png (3072x1536, 3.38M)

Not your favorites

>pinkerton
lmao

I don't understand how Beefheart isn't a masterpiece according to this pyramid's standards.

Dark Souls, unironically

Silent Hill 2
Deus Ex
that's it
not Troon Vegas or Kojimbo's Wacky Memes 3

Not that I don't like the game, but how much of MGS2 could really be unachievable if the whole thing were a film, or a series of films? The narrative is linear, and the gameplay may as well be a series of action scenes. There is basically no element of choice, or consequence, which are some of the medium's strongest characteristics.

its simply the greatest collection of 2D platformers

Attached: 1627301062211.png (425x319, 213.64K)

My favorites like eraSumiTeru

ZeroRanger.
One of the most unique tools a game has as a unique storytelling medium is the ability for the player to fail and be set back to square one. That's what ZR makes use of, and it does it near perfectly.

Attached: 1621112883093.jpg (1504x2048, 573.23K)

Also, Lobotomy Corporation hits on a similar note, the use of repetition and player-generated failure to generate emotions a static storytelling medium never could, but just like ZR, these are intended parts of the story. Both end up in different places using this similar medium.

Attached: 1628195049751.jpg (900x1200, 86.93K)

All of those games except NV and OOT are shit.

Ghost Trick if we're following the rules of exclusive stuff only used by the media it's in.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but you cannot do the simulation breaking shit in MGS2 in a film the way it's handled.

>weezer album
>masterpiece

>Undertale
>Not invoking emotions unique to the medium
I don't know how you can say this when the genocides route mere existence serves this purpose

Both NieR games belong in Masterpiece tier since the multiple playthroughs and endings wouldn't be possible in any other medium.

The World Ends With You
Bloodborne/Dark Souls
Iji
maybe Okami?

I am reading book of the new sun right now, I thought it was just a /lit/ meme but honestly, for a fantasy book it is up there with the greats. The prose, the usage of the narrator, framing of time and the abstract of it and the top tier world building is so fucking good.

I agree with this post, Nier Replicant will never be topped in my mind for emotional impact and story, even though getting all endings was a tiny bit of a grind, the game play of replicant was fun enough for me to not care too much.

filtered and bulbous
you're supposed to put 2 masterpieces at the top+1 shitpiece instead of 2 shitpieces, that way the bait is stronger

I would easily put Silent Hill 2 near or at masterpiece, the graphics are still amazing, and the story and direction is akin to Stephen Lynch in such a beautiful way.

None of the games at the top are shit?

Undertale is way overrated but according to these definitions it's absolutely a masterpiece