HAVE SSX

HAVE SSX

Attached: ssx-3-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1130, 162.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZzHkuQ0JngE?t=156
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I tried but it's too tricky

i have it already,one of my favorite games of all time

I played Tricky alot as a kid and it remains one of my favorite games.
Is 3 distinctly good or are they similar enough it doesn't really matter?

3 is much better. its also pretty impressive on a technical level for the time. you can start a race from the top of the mountain, and go all the way to the bottom in one run. the entire thing takes like 30 minutes, and its kino. if you have a new xbox, you can actually still buy it digitally and it runs at 4k 60fps as well. definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed tricky, although the style/tone is different for sure

3 takes place on one really big mountain, and it's a lot more atmospheric. So many cool areas, great graphics for the time. I like it a lot.

God I miss SSX and NBA Street franchises.
What the fuck happened to EA?

Hell yeah. Had memories of these games come up a couple weeks ago. One of the few sports related games I actually liked.

youtu.be/ZzHkuQ0JngE?t=156

On tour is better, but 3 is also kino. 2012 is underrated but I wish it didn't kill the franchise.

>2012 is underrated but I wish it didn't kill the franchise
It didn't kill the franchise, EA did. It sold fine.

Attached: file.png (1340x69, 13.55K)

Damn, user, now I'm even more depressed. I wish arcade action sports as a genre in general would come back. We live in the worst timeline.

The most fun snowboarding game next to 1080

THPS1+2 was the fastest selling Tony Hawk game ever and then the studio got shitcanned by Activision
The Extreme Sports genre is cursed

There's supposedly a spiritual succesor to ssx3 in the works called project gravity but it's confirmed to be f2p live service cancer. The worst thing is I'll probably still begrudgingly play it if the gamemplay is half decent because I love this franchise so much.

>On tour is better
I wouldn't say it's objectively better but I still fucking love it. 3 had more polish, less flaws and more replayability. OT was faster and more exciting but had some flaws like the slow-mo killing the pace of races and not enough side objectives or extra challenges after the main campaign.

What the fuck is the bias, do they just not want us to have nice things?

There's pros and cons to both, for sure. I don't believe in objectivity in art. The soundtrack and slightly better rail physics + alt rock/punk atmosphere is what keeps me coming back to on tour for hours and hours.

>on tour
now that's what I call SOUL

Attached: l6ysvvF.jpg (854x480, 114.06K)

I didn't notice any difference in rail physics except being maybe a bit more forgiving and magnetized? Which I didn't consider an improvement. It makes it kind of braindead going from top to bottom of Mind the Gap or Compilation basically just holding the boost button and getting a ton of points.

Your pic is of the PSP version which is basically downgraded SSX 3. It's not bad for a handheld but the camera makes it hard to go back to for me. It's more zoomed in and can't be adjusted which makes it hard to see anything.

They're a bit more magnetized, yeah. It does make it easier in certain areas but there are still some tough gaps for important shortcuts where you have to remember when to boost and jump or just boost to get the next rail. Overall my point is that there are fewer moments in on tour where I just barely miss a rail in a situation where I thought I was dead on to make it. Playing 3 and missing a shortcut for the 100th time in a row because I was a quarter of a degree off makes me want to swallow my controller whole and shit my pants in rage.

Also I love mind the gap for this reason. It's easy, yeah, but I think it's still fun. There's still plenty of difficulty in some of the other courses.

The only example I can think of from 3 that didn't feel like it was tested properly was the opening to Ruthless Ridge. That rail shortcut takes too much precision and doesn't really make it worth it to go for, it's also more or less blind steering since the camera doesn't let you see the rail. At the very least it's still WAY more forgiving that Tricky or the original which also used rails as guides for shortcuts. But that's actually something I preferred about those earlier games, there were certain shortcuts that would take dozens of tries to get for that perfect run. In 3 and OT, (and like you said more in OT) once you know where a shortcut is, there's not much of a reason not to go for it since there's not really a risk/reward factor. This cuts down on the variety and replayability.
Yeah it is fun but for me it just doesn't stay fun for very long. Shooting up to that copter was a real "wow" moment the first time but the 50th time it's just like ok I have to wait for this part again.

Never liked sports game, but bought this because PSM gave it a 10.
Fucking masterpiece and along Burnout 3, it would be the only thing tht would make me give money to EA.

I feel you on the risk reward thing. I think a big problem for me is that the npc riders usually don't miss shortcuts, especially on the harder races, so many don't really feel optional at all if you want to win.