Post your honest thoughts on this game

Post your honest thoughts on this game

Attached: 1641931913367.jpg (1200x800, 210.36K)

Lazy, uninspired, critically flawed design

Lots of good fights
Lots of bad fights
Open world takes some warming up to
Ash summons are literally no different from regular summons
Awful, awful balancing in both pve and pvp

God Tier first half
Good Tier second half

Fun for the first 30-35 hours then it starts to become grating as you have to fight the same bosses again and the simplistic combat doesn't help. It's as good as Dark Souls 2 and that game is my favorite FromSoft game.

I fucking hate the end game of this game and it almost makes me hate the whole thing. It's so fucking bullshit. Fucking Malenia outright fucking cheats half the time and Radagon with his faggot teleport every fucking time I can FINALLY punish him. Then Elden Beast, i almost got him beaten, and then BOOM ten million arrows of light kill me because he cast a move I couldnt even see because he is too fucking big that the camera can't even show him cast them. I'm at my limit with this fucking game, it's so fucking obvious they didn't fucking bother to balance the bosses around all builds, just meta bullshit. Fuck From and fuck this stupid fucking game for making me waste all this time getting to the end with no summons only to have such a fucking insultingly bullshit and ridiculously unfair endgame. No fucking way does this game deserve 10/10 in the slightest.

Really great game, but like every other FromSoft game I can't find a build I like so I just lose interest.

I like the overworld and do believe that overall it's a better game than a proper souls game for the new stuff.

But the things From did right before like encounter and level design is by far the weakest of any Miyazaki game.

very high highs and abhorrent ds2-tier lows
8.5/10

It’s boring and the graphics are 10 years outdated

I hate that cunt Malenia

Same souls shit where retards claim its hard but you have a get out of jail free piece of equipment and a get out of federal prison button big empty fields making nothing a threat and an infinite mana item to make the whole game your absolute fucking bitch
In other words it's fucking trash but the dorito pope shilled I so shit eaters and normies defend it just on that alone

scope of the game was too ambitious, i'm pretty sure they realized this at some point of development. Miyazaki missed the chance to have done one of the best games we've could ever seen. 8.5/10

Shitty fucking garbage designed shit filth

It's good at what it is (a more expansive souls game). Souls fanboys need to stop overselling this shit though. They're acting worse than snoys and unable to take even the smallest amount of criticism from people who still like it.

Pretty world open world that gets boring once you notice that every minidungeon holds a shitty weapon art or ash you will never use. That wouldn't be a problem if the bosses were good and a reward on themselves but they aren't.

I remember reaching the foreskin apostle boss, first phase wasn't so bad but the moment he started using a ton of AoE and streching around I realized this is the approach from would take with the rest of bosses. They are the biggest pieces of shit From has ever designed, incredibly unfun and annoying more than hard unless you literally skip the fight using a mimic or magic making them trivial, there is no inbetween. Which is outrageous after Sekiro also tried the minibosses approach and kinda succeded making them fun to fight despite the copypasting.

There is no point on using your weapon moveset when you can spam ashes of war. And i'm not talking about hoarfrost stomp or the meme laser sword, using kinda balanced stuff like flaming strike or blood slash renders your weapon to a statstick and makes all weapon classes play the same. It doesn't help that they jew'd so much with the stone upgrades.

Overall I had fun for the first 50 hours or so. After finishing Limgrave, Liurna and Caelid I started to feel burnout and everything felt like a slog.

7/10 fun with friends to dick around

Attached: kekiro.png (663x185, 112.17K)

Same bland "action" combat, now with even more glorified easy mode options and everyone's favorite generic open world tacked on.
No, I have not and will not play it. It clearly has nothing new to offer to someone who's played Souls before, and the issues can be seen from a mile away.

I'm all for no quest markers and shit, but NPCs should still give directions
Blaidd says meet where the star fell but fuck knows where that is, the cutscene was extremely vague it could've landed anywhere in that general direction

my mimic tear keeps dying

People hate the game because they have made hating stuff, being critical part of their identity and the more successful something is, they more they feel the need for it, and feel good hating it.

Otherwise, they somehow decided to play a game from the souls series expecting it to be a game that isnt a souls series (dark/dying settings, difficult fights, lore that's open to imagination and interpretation, etc).

It truly pains me to admit it because I awaited it like the messiah of gaming. And I initially adored everything about it.

They really bit off more than they could chew. It's like they spent 90% of dev time to perfect Limgrave. It's front loading at its most blatant.

The first 20-30 hours are absolutely magical, the finest open world experience in gaming. It's mind blowing, new discoveries upon new discoveries. Then it really collapses under its own development issues as well as flaws inherent to open world design they managed to hide so well in Limgrave. The copy pasted everything and the repetitive empty overworld structure eventually turn the initial sense of amazement into a terrible hangover.

It's the post-Anor Londo slog 1/6th into the game instead of 2/3rd. It's impossible to defend.

What's sad is how this could have been remedied by just making things a bit smaller and tighter, by spreading some of the initial Limgrave encounters to later areas, by just making some differences for the mini dungeons.

You keep fighting the same bosses in the same arenas with the same entrances (stairs, lit hole in wall). What initially makes the world feel so huge end up making it feel so small. What makes exploration initially feel so compelling end up feeling like a predictable slog.

Balance and design quality are all over the place as a result. Souls enemy placement used to be so thoughtful, structured around the unique level design, now most of the time they're just wandering flat terrain and trivialized by boring mounted combat. Lock on and circle around the enemy.

I want to hope that this is just a prototype for a new formula, that will be improved upon in future sequels or titles. I really hope they will learn from the fans feedback and realize what a severe mistake all the recycling was. It cheapens the entire experience. But when I see the sales numbers and the reviews, I don't think they will have the incentive to really bother.

Attached: 1624403653654.jpg (1000x4764, 1.22M)

Good
>plenty of content
>lots of variety with playstyles, weapons, armor, etc.
>when the bosses are good, they're very good
>better open world than most open world games, but that's not saying much

Bad
>endgame is horrid, i.e. scaling for both enemies and bosses is all over the place. Maliketh has less HP in total and does less damage than Malenia, despite being the fourth-to-last final boss
>weapon upgrading is very tedious
>need to pump vitality to at least 50 to survive the endgame
>less variety in bosses than in other souls games
>overall quality of bosses is less than other games

like this user said a lot of fun at first but holy shit it gets tedious in the end

best last boss in a souls game hands down

Some really cool stuff but the game feels too sparse for an open world. I think they should have opened it up a bit with NPCs and towns. The world itself wasn't very interesting, the best parts were just classic Souls stuff like the dungeons, which were tight.

I really just feel like world building and quests are a bit more important for open world games or else exploration gets kind of dull.

I bet everyone who says they're getting two-shot in the endgame has radagon's soreseal on

It's kino honestly, yeah the reused and copy pasted stuff detracts from it a bit but the sheer scale of the world is worth it. Best and most enjoyable open world I've seen in a game.
Boss fights are the weakest part compared to previous From games, you can feel the DS2 influence there.

>dorrito pope
brief rundown?

>when the bosses are good, they're very good
such as?

>World full of goodies but failed to find what's good for him, upset. Easy bosses, upset.
>Learnt first phase of foreskin boss, second phase too tough, upset.
>Chose to spam ashes of war instead of using the myriad weapons and moveset, upset at the game.
>played over 50 hours anyway
>basically looking to win easily against big fancy bosses

10/10 would blame others for poor decisions and how the difficulty isnt tailored to him personally.