>notice fan running hard
>get a program to check PC temp
>mfw 100°C
>limit is 90
>look around room
>see two plastic soda bottles
>lightbulb.jpg
>consistent 45fps

Attached: 20220311_195803.jpg (2815x2111, 908.5K)

Im so glad I didnt fall for the gaming laptop meme

I bought it like two or three years ago when I didn't care and it does the job. I also take it places all the time and that's what I wanted it for

If you're an incel who doesnt leave his house for weeks then I guess a desktop pc is better than a gaming laptop

im rangebanned from Any Forums so I can't post pics but last night I screwed a cpu fan from 2009 at the top of my pc case blowing down on my graphics card at 3000 rpm
it's insanely loud but it works

rent free

Incredibly based, bravo

what are the temps now?

GPU temp is 78°C (-22 from no bottles)
CPU is 90°C (-10 from no bottles)

I have purchased a few gaming laptops over the years and one oddity I've noticed across all of them that doesn't exist on desktops is undervolting the CPU and/or disabling "boost" features. These often lower temps a lot and sometimes even increase performance.

I'll check it out. All I'm looking to do is boost FPS

wow the power of the pcmasterrace

Any trick for overheating desktop cpus?
Elden Ring is taking my processor to 105 C

uh, replace the broken fan? desktop cpus usually start throttling well before 105c. Now you're getting into potential permanent damage.

>gaming laptop
ngmi

My 10 year old i5 3570k is overclocked at 4.5ghz, playing elden ring has it maxed constantly but I play for hours without it ever going over 70c
I use a cooler master hyper 212 evo
The solution is have a good CPU cooler, otherwise airflow make sure your PSU isn't pushing heat into the case instead of blowing it out

fpbp
I had a friend that did the same as OP
He also never took the laptop anywhere.
It's always been a meme.

>can change what voltage, clockspeed, power savings
>or use the power saving plan
>or make your own
Desktop wins again.

>friend buys gaymen laptop
>twice the cost of a similarly specc'd PC
>i'll take it everywhere, it will be cool
>overheats
>is loud
>bought one of those meme "fan stands"
>laptop never left his bedroom

Attached: 1647052631078.jpg (499x500, 153.4K)

I don't understand what it is you think you did care to explain it to me?

My fan is rotating at 3000 rpm, can't be broken

I fell for it but I use it for premiere pro and it runs it just fine and doesn't get hot. I tried to game on it once or twice when I first got it and even though it rean at high settings 1080p 60 frames per second it got hot as shit so I just use it for video editing which was the intended purpose of buying it anyways. Besides gaming just overall productivity and general use laptops are getting really good

Why don't they just put the guts of the laptop in where the screen is so the fans could be pointing away from the user and not on the groubd

>falls over
How would you balance it, user?

replace thermal paste
buy some laptop fan (cools it down 1-2C at most)
lower your game resolution and settings

When you buy a laptop for games, you're supposed to play older games.

Kickstand

bigger battery

Attached: f.png (966x1712, 1005.47K)

>undervolting the CPU
I did this and Elden ring ran better afterwards lol and my laptop got way quieter. Its barely loud at all while playing elden ring when before I did that it was loud as fuck and running at 90 degrees. now its around 60 degrees while playing elden ring.