Has any other game managed to impart such a sense of adventure as Elden Ring?

Has any other game managed to impart such a sense of adventure as Elden Ring?

Attached: Elden Ring Liurna.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

Yes, and more!

Attached: 1646705867897.png (532x835, 131.12K)

ER doesn't even feel like an adventure, it feels like a Dark Souls mod.

Attached: GitGud.jpg (480x360, 21.49K)

no

Dark Souls also felt like an adventure

based

desu the game feels like an homage to A Link to the Past. Even the Elden Ring itself is basically an elaboration of the triforce.

dragons dogma

Morrowind
Skyrim
DA:I
HZD

>tfw you decide to go back to liurna after exploring Atlas Plateau and just keep finding more and more things lurking in the map.
Somehow I've triggered a bunch of sidequests. I found pot man stuck again, one armed rot lady, and depressed nepheli all within a few hours and done some dungeons, found hidden weapons and spells and ashes, and ended up being teased with a late-game area.
Theres even a couple secret teleport areas I found in Liurna that can help skip a good chunk in future playthroughs. Especially the one that takes you right to the front door of the academy you'd then have to go find the key for.

Nope. The only other times I felt this overwhelmed was when I was a child and games still felt magical.
BUT OMG IS THAT ANOTHER LE HECKING CAT STATUE??? UGH COPY PASTE TRASH IM GOING BACK TO FORTNITE

Can we all agree that the way this game handles sidequests is genuinely not good? By far the biggest problem I have with the game.

Fuck off theres no "adventure" in this game what the fuck are you on about cunt?

You are not supposed to do everything at first run

In fact I think this is for the best because if you had a checklist for every fucking side quest then you would be like these morons saying there is too many side quests doing the same shit just like it happens in Nioh with side missions

Side quests have always been the worst parts of Souls games, there is no argument there.

I'm not asking for a checklist. Just a simple journal similar to Gothic or Morrowind.

filtered

eh, its typical cryptic dark souls affair to encourage repeat playthroughs.
If anything Elden Ring is a little more forgiving in general. Usually in Dark Souls the way I play I hardly bump into NPCs at all. Like I dunno, 3-4 and even then only half do most of the sidequests.
Usually you miss out on the timing or theres very specific hard lockouts you can trigger.
I remember not even meeting patches in my first DS playthrough.

Yes easily agree some are just fucking retarded, there are no indications of where an npc is gonna show up at all (most of the time). If you are not using google how the fuck are you ever randomly gonna stumbel upon a summoning sign in an area you have already passed through shits retarded. ITS ESPICALLY FUCKING DUMB WITH MILLICENTS LAST PART OF THE QUEST WHERE YOU HAVE TO RELOAD THE AREA AND RUN BACK TO THE SAME SPOT 4 FUCKING TIMES!?!?!?!?

Attached: 1646530110921.png (1646x1184, 1.9M)

The side quests are deliberately like that because there's a subculture surrounding online community collaboration for figuring out cryptic shit. I've always ignored them because I don't care about that stuff, but I personally know several people who do.

It does until you leave Raya Lucaria, and start running into the same recycled shit OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, until youre too tired of fighting the same recycled boss for the millionth time and start skipping exploration to rush towards the finish line instead.

Attached: 1536578166360.png (922x1066, 1.27M)

>adventure
>go to new area
>kill enemy
>find more smithing stones
>find new weapon
>find new ash of war
>kill boss of area
>go to next area
>maybe stumble on a NPC

filtered animetranny

Even just a fucking dialogue transcript so I don't have to remember every exchange like a good damn savant.

DSP tier whining

You're a fucking retard if this is all you gain from the experience.

>filtered
I already platinum'd your shitty game safe for the alternate endings.

I'm feeling it now after getting to the altus plateau. good lord is the honeymoon phase losing its powers on me

that has nothing to do with being filtered or not, retarded newfag

Says retarded shit like "tired of fighting the same boss for the millionth time". Like oh no I've encountered a second Godrick with more health in a 100% optional side gaol. Help me niggerman I'm so fatigued.

Anime website, touristnigger.

Ok, braindead Fromdrone. What ever you say. Now go and make 50 more Elden Ring threads.

The lore isn't good user.

This game epitomizes adventure in a way that few pieces of media have ever managed.

Attached: Elden Ring ambiance (12).webm (786x1400, 2.99M)

I will. Now go back to Fort,
night!

Attached: 17.png (640x577, 314.62K)

But it is.

stfu retard

To be fair thats how DS3 pretty much went as well.
>easy intro
>ramp up the difficulty wall
>mod-game gets much easier so you can explore and work towards the build you want.
>endgame has some stuff you can explore and divert into but mostly its encouraging you to rush ahead and not bother with the damage sponge enemies and find an efficient path ahead to the bosses.
I still enjoy the game, like I enjoy DS3. And I will be happy to complete it and maybe some day replay to figure out swift and efficient ways through it.

how?
by looking nice?
there's more to adventure than combat

>"wow, this place looks interesting, i wonder what's on that hill over ther-"
>*same dragon boss you already beat 10 times engages once again*
It's no masterpiece.

Attached: 1513165304560.jpg (292x282, 12.28K)

NGL I love all "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog" ripoffs

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 984.47K)

>same dragon boss you have beaten by using summons and abusing messages for farming secrets
ftfy

What's good about it?

Oh I'm sorry not enough cutscenes? Not enough hand holding down linear hallways? Not enough tranny characters by your side? Not enough libtard propaganda?

I pirated it, so I cannot even summon people or read messages.

Cry moar.

I love Elden Ring (currently on Journey 3) but BotW still wins for me because of the freeform traversal in that game and more open map design. I feel like ER's map kinda overdoes it with the cliffs and it fails to feel like a natural world because of it, still super fun to explore though.

>in the underground rot catacombs
>oh its the tree dragon again
>now i have to fight him around rot water build up

Why should I care about the world? It's dead and uninteresting.
It's literally a knockoff of Greco-Roman myth + LotR with a bunch of angsty siblings fighting over shards of a great ring.
There is nothing of interest in the world.

A lot of other From games, for starters.

>but BotW still wins for me
You didn't play ER

filtered and seething