Castlevania Aria of sorrow hate thread

>5 out of the 11 bosses are big enemies with like 2 attacks and completely non threatening (Creaking skull Manticore Great armor Golem and Legion)
>Red souls use str instead of int
>Lck stat is worthless yet treated like a luxury stat in game because it gets no 12 or 16 point boost souls, and Headhunter nor Lubicant raise it
> 4 8 12 and 16 stat up souls are filler just like merman, bat, dead soldier, arachne, harpy, gladiator, fish head, man eater and others. thats about 20 souls of 110 off the top of my head.
>shop sells nothing except for potions, soul eater ring, and the best casting sword ascalon ( SoTN or HoD didnt have this problem)
>Axes/Hammers and spears and knives are outclassed by swords at almost every single point in the game. Katanas and fists are ok
>Undine and skula ( skula should be a gray soul like in every other igavania)
>chaotic dimension is garbage ( no map, reused rooms, 3 new enemies, skula use REQUIRED). If SoTN had an inverted castle as bad as the chaotic dimension the game would be remembered less fondly.
>HP max ups were removed so now Julius has zero reason to explore the castle besides boss orbs

Aria of sorrow fails as a castlevania game by raping the lore with Soma cruz a literal OC dont steal.
Aria of sorrow fails as an ARPG with awful weapon balance, boss that barely move, a worthless luck stat and a useless shop
And some how Aria of sorrow got a sequel with even more problems in unexpected places.
The main mechanic of the games are souls but the games themselves are soulless.

Attached: AriaofSOYROW.png (680x847, 946.29K)

>Getting this mad at a 20 year old game
Lol

have you seen a single somafag?

Attached: D99C94C3-2BEE-4177-9045-0F31F7AD57F6.gif (250x250, 1.82M)

what no soul does to a nigga

didnt read

I'm sorry you got filtered. Maybe give it another go once you've matured a little more?

>over 20 playthroughs, challenge runs, 100%'s, mod playthroughs
Dumbass I hate it because ive played it so much, so many of its issues arent surface level so it impresses literal children like yourself

Finally, a based opinion.
Now let's talk about the REAL best Igavania, Dawn of Sorrow.

Attached: 1623213523893.png (640x571, 369K)

the best gba game and the best nintendo ds game. deal with it

>over 20 playthroughs, challenge runs, 100%'s, mod playthroughs

Ohhhh so you're autistic.

Got it.

autism good

Attached: koji-igaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (2322x2756, 684.25K)

Yeah no shit. Most people don't play these games to a maddening degree.

>complain about a children's game which you've played 20 times
maybe play another game

I have Portrait of ruin destroys the sorrows
elaborate or seethe soma shill

If the GBA had more buttons or some sort of "context action" prompt to deal with obstacles/gimmicks, this would be the best Castlemania.
Fuck the Souls games, fuck SotN, and fuck Bloodstained RotN.

Attached: local hippie jobs and doesn't become God.png (556x465, 439.57K)

Ill consider this one the "badly designed metroidvania thread" and put my own post here instead of making a thread (also cause I cant post images since Im eating someone else rangeban:
Just finished Salt and Sanctuary, the acclaimed "2D dark souls" some thoughts:

>some bosses hit you right after you get back up with no chance to do anything
>several later areas of the game require leaps of faith, with no way to know the correct way to fall. Just die lol and fight your way back there so you can do another leap
>shitty platforming overall that is full of cheap fall deaths
>no map (in a huge metroidvania with the problems mentioned above)
>offerings are scarce and there's a limit of NPCs in a location for no reason whatsoever
>you can literally NEVER get some items if you do NG+
>game doesnt warn you when you'll enter NG+
>game doesnt let you go back in difficulty
>game takes your mobility powerups on NG+
>game takes your sanctuaries in NG+
>there's actually nothing new to NG+ besides more damage and being able to stock up on some items
>one of the items (of which you need several) for later equipment transmutation can only be found TWICE in first game, only ONCE in each new game+. and its always missable and you need about 6 if you wanna get all the items
Holy shit what a fucking mess. The game aint too bad but it feels like the Devs hold contempt for the player base and some design decisions exist purely to frustrate the player and are huge step backs in the genre.

I tried SK1 for a few minutes it didnt have any land cancel and had a ton of cutscenes with shitty dub lines in. Terrible

>land cancel
Fag

I'm vegan but also a 6'3 chad who fucks on a weekly basis. I'm disappointed that this meme is representative of my eating habits

Attached: SaveLives.jpg (1024x1024, 76.06K)

>complaining about Creaking Skull
go back

oh man, how could I forget
>you cant see into doors and you fall if you run into edges, and some doors lead to literal huge drops, and you are likely to be running all the time
>area before final boss and literal boss arena requires you to suffer fall damage to get to the fight
I swear if there were recorded statistics, it would show that some 90% of the deaths of all players in this game come from bullshit fall deaths. what an awfully designed game, the sequel doesnt even have a map either.

I was kinda just trolling, Portrait of ruin is my favourite. but both of the sorrow games are great and i would recommend them to anyone who like metroidvania games

ok no skill gamer

Can we talk about how bad Cave Story is instead

please do I'm interested
this sounds awful, glad i skipped it, the whole souls metroid genre is really getting on my nerves

SOTN is by far the best and it feels like you faggots suck off Aria just because it makes you feel different and because it doesn't commit the "sin" of becoming too easy late in the game, which is retarded because 1. game's still fucking easy, 2. easy doesn't mean bad, every single cheesy thing in SOTN is super fun to do, and guess what niggers Kirby's easy too and everone love it, 3. combat difficulty was never the point of SOTN, the fun comes from navigating and exploring the map

>claimh and red minotaur
Aria becomes piss easy by the end, you just have to find the stuff