Is there any game more padded?

Is there any game more padded?

Attached: ER_KEY-ART-scaled-e1623411764381-2048x1052.jpg (2048x1052, 196.42K)

all open world games are inherently padded

Ff7r

What does padded mean?

Attached: FHvB0RDUYAQCFIt.jpg (1638x2048, 592.72K)

>Filter: Image MD5
>Hide
Ahhhhhhhh... peace at last.

Attached: 1632149059084.jpg (470x469, 24.4K)

A repetitive or otherwise less pleasant activity the developers put into the game to artificially boost playtime. In this specific case, running around the open world

>full of completely optional content
>can be beaten quickly
>padded
huh?

Attached: 1625910821939.jpg (1920x1080, 203.01K)

you can beat the game in an hour

they handled open world better than most games and they did a great job with the landscapes, but yeah the open world ultimately is kind of pointless. i'm glad they did elden ring but i wish they would go back to more interconnected world after this. doubt they will after the success.

Using wikis isn't fun retard

It's an open world garbage game. Padding is in the genre's descriptor.

>The artificially inflated map is artificially filled with garbage content
>But this isn't padding because you can skip it
I disagree

isn't padding "content" that you cannot skip?

Any Ubisoft openworld is more padded.

>has to give bosses true combos because otherwise they'd never kill you with their weak shit abilities

No.

so padding is content you dont like but also dont have to do?

Yeah but its disingenuous to claim there's no padding when you can speedrun through it. Speedrunning is not a normal playthrough and nobody does that on their first one

>In this specific case, running around the open world
You can fast travel. You have been debunked.

I fell for the shills with this game and I can confidently say that like 2 hours of the entire game mattered in this

Attached: eastward.jpg (460x215, 27.6K)

You have to reach fast travel locations first. This has already been rebunked

>its disingenuous to claim there's no padding when you can speedrun through it.
so every game in the industry has padding?

>debunked xD
Who the fuck actually thinks this is funny?

and there are unique and potentially build changing items between every bonfire.
DEBOONKED!

Is every game in the industry an open world game?

every world in the game is elden ring to him, he's a schizo

Yea that's kinda the point, there isn't even anything guarding those and if there are you just run past them. Shit's boring. In old souls games you fought your way to the prize and didn't just aimlessly wander

so any game that is not an open world game that has content you can skip, does not necessarily have padding. but any open world game that has any content that is not necessary to complete the main story is by definition padding?

what is this mental gymnastics? lmao you "people" are mentally ill.

It's actually the shortest (glitchless) modern Soulsborne game.
You only need to beat 7 bosses (8 if you don't wanna do Radahn) to access the final boss.

most of the rewards require you to fight for it because you dont get them until you kill the enemy.

look at it this way though; you say the content doesnt count because you can choose to run away from it. Is the concept that some people play these games because they want to fight the different enemies just not conceivable to you?

I'm used to reading ridiculous straw mans in here but goddamn dude
Maybe take a break so you can return in a calmer, seethe-free state and make some sense

>Optional shit is now padding
God I fucking hate you nerds. You don't even know what the words you're using mean.

If we're talking about the items scattered in the open world, no you don't have to fight anything that's not an actual boss

You can literally beat every past souls game by only beating like 10 bosses tops.

running through the open world is not optional

its not a straw man i am paraphrasing your argument.
You literally said
>its disingenuous to claim there's no padding when you can speedrun through it.
and then you said that logic ONLY applies to open world games.
>maybe take a break so you can return and make some sense
I make sense. you are the one that is seething uncontrollably making incoherent arguments and having trouble following a logical train of thought.

>first 3 days after launch
>people shower praise on this game, make it look like the 2nd coming of Christ, began a rabid tantrum at other open world ubishit devs telling them to take notes at how to make a unique open world full of places worth exploring and interesting content
>people get to Liurnia and beyond
>start realizing this game literally has all the flaws of ubishit open worlds, has padding, has recycled content, has its own kind of points of interest and that Limgrave was extremely frontloaded
>but it's too late, ER is the best game ever made. All other open world devs will take notes. They will keep doing what they do, except this time they won't wag those markers in your face, they'll throw them out in the open world so you find them yourself and go explore that copypasted side content without an arrow pointing you in the right direction or a checklist on the top right of the screen, the minimap will be moved to its own page.

Attached: 169 reused bosses.png (1651x600, 118.87K)

After 90 hours I'm still finding new locations, unique weapons, spells, incantations, ashes, enemies, NPC's, etc. so yea there are more padded games for sure.
>Fight the same NPC 40 times
>No problem
>Fight the same boss twice hours apart
>FUCK THIS GAME THERES NO CONTENT

You grow more incoherent by the minute my dude, it's time to take a break and relax

Attached: 1632647346605.jpg (828x792, 174.77K)

nip games have always been like this, with their 100 hour jrpg's with 2 hours of content and dogshit repetitive combat.

a lot of the unique items drop from bosses. a few are in chests, and you are vulnerable trying to loot them without killing anything. but still, you are splitting hairs. why are you so fixated on running away form the combat in these games?

but these particular nips didnt do that until now which is why its to tragic

Non open world games have padding.
Open world games just have a fuckload more. Too much, in fact.

sorry if i use big words like "paraphrase" this website is for people who are 18 and over though, so you should really go back

>why are you so fixated on running away form the combat in these games?
Because it's boring to fight regular enemies in an open field with no challenge whatsoever? Much like in many singleplayer fps games, the challenge here comes from clever level design coupled with clever monster placements. I like that combat, which is exactly why I despise the open world

The speedrun is already sub 40 minutes.

I think I may have an actual real heart attack this game is too fucking frustrating.

skill issue

>Limgrave was extremely frontloaded
My god its surprising how common this shit take is. What in Limgrave, aside from the exceptionally designed Stormveil castle on the OUTSKIRTS of Limgrave, was so fucking cool and and unique?
>Small patch of woods with four knights
>Ugly swamp with some crabs and dragon that takes up half the area
>Beach with nothing rewarding
>A bunch of sparsely populated ruins with zombies mining
When are you morons going to realize Limgrave wasn't exceptional, you just got burnt out after playing the game for 20+ hours straight in the first week?

you are terminally autistic if you call all content not necessary to complete the main story padding and say its all bad.

So any game that has any extra/secret level is just padding their game?

What does an extra/secret level have to do with demi-humans #324 guarding crafting item #3, land octopus #59 guarding crafting item #20 plus #24 and crab #111 guarding crafting item #16?

>reading pursposefully deceptive attacks is the new meta skill
K I'll go play something else then.