People calling this the best Souls game are just saying it because they think it makes them look cool, right?

People calling this the best Souls game are just saying it because they think it makes them look cool, right?

Attached: 1643192633262.jpg (705x1000, 113.05K)

No they’re saying it because it’s true

It just has something that the others don't have. It's something special. Some might call it soul.

While some of the later souls-games are "objectively" better in many ways, there is something about Demon's Souls that's special.
It's up there together with Bloodborne.

others might call it nostalgia

>Some might call it soul.
Indeed...you might even call it...the Demon's Soul...

nah, I made a post about it here and I genuinely believe it's the best, although it depends on what you personally look for in a FromSoft game
if you enjoy them for the atmosphere and creativity I think you'd find DeS to be the best, but if you enjoy the bosses and combat you might enjoy Bloodborne more

Attached: demon's souls.jpg (3264x1837, 2.61M)

it's the best because it changed my tastes in gaming and all media forever. it proved games can be art

It's my favourite because it's the most realised as an actual "adventure" game. Demon's Souls is extremely easy on repeat playthroughs because every boss has some gimmick that allows you to basically cheat through them, which is the point. The game is about thinking as an adventurer and trying to overcome challenges in clever or unexpected ways, not pretending like it's a hardcore action game.

I loved Demon's Souls and I liked Dark Souls. Dark Souls 2 felt like a warning of things to come and I hated Dark Souls 3 because it just became this pared down, hilariously inept "action game" where the developers swallowed their own Kool-Aid and started believing the "PREPARE TO DIE XD SO HARD WOW I ROLLED AND HIT R1" nonsense. Elden Ring and Bloodborne are more of the same of that. No opinions on Sekiro.

Attached: 1641071413434.jpg (500x379, 45.81K)

Started playing it again recently on my steam deck with rpcs3. Years ago performance issues on the old rpcs3 filtered me before even phalanx, but now with the new rpcs3 im having alot of fun. Its nowhere near as polished or good as elden ring or bloodborne imo, but it certainly is great. The biggest problem though is the overreliance on corridors for enemy encounters. Everywhere you go they squish you into a dark hallway with enemies that can completely swipe through the level geometry with no issue. Other than that id say its fantastic, but definitely not the best from software game.

I prefer demon's souls because it's "experience" is evenly given out throughout the game. The newer the games get the more it becomes about joke levels and autistic boss battles. In DeS your level and your boss were part of the same package. Partially because there were so few "bonfire next to the fog door" situations.

Attached: ds12.jpg (1280x720, 104.42K)

It is the best Soulslike or Soulsborne game

Even with cherry picked screenshots it still looks worse than Dark Souls. Try harder Snoys.

>it proved games can be art
Ueda already did that with Ico back in 2001

Attached: ico.jpg (3264x2583, 3.88M)

Dark Souls surpassed it

best level design of the series

Attached: 1639499492415 (1).png (1392x1672, 1.77M)

They're saying it because it was the first one they played. You're never going to 100% replicate that first souls game experience you had because they're all so similar mechanically.

Games cannot simply be taken on their own, they must be taken along with the context of the time they released in.

>"Dark Souls 2 is a bad game plagued by terrible design decisions"
>it's okay when muh Miyazaki Snoyshit does it!!
Memen's Souls fans are mentally ill

Can someone translate this retard speak to English?

there's a rabid fart souls 2 fan in Any Forums who likes to complain about demon's souls

I wonder how people who like modern souls games would feel if the 15 foot tall swordman doing 20 hit combos, each being a one hit kill, sent them back to the start of the level on a kill like demon's souls.

It's the original have some fucking respect zoomer.

based

Attached: file.png (900x900, 208.4K)

Give Sekiro a shot. It's the natural evolution of the DS3-BB angle, but if they actually went all the way and made a good action game.

I find it to be a respectable opinion if it doesn't come with random uncalled for Bloodborne praise.

Not gonna lie, I am a huge casual these days and it looks too hard.

I first played Bloodborne, then DaS, then DS3 and finally DeS and DeS is still my favorite, so no

Attached: 1643493710723.webm (1920x1080, 1.11M)

It pioneered the genre, therefore its the best souls game, cry and shit your pants.

This is exactly what I'm saying. People are just having these ""opinions"" because they think it makes them look cool (respectable lol)

Boletaria Castle had some of the best design and interiors ever before bloodborne. The rest of the game is not as good and all bosses are shit.

I liked it a lot. The weapon upgrade trees felt better simply by having effects other than damage type / scaling stat. While some bosses were pretty easy I liked that they were all very distinct from one another. Tendency really did wonders for the replay value, too.

No it's just casual Plebstation fanboys who need the easiest game in the series full of gimmickshit bosses

i beat all of them

>praising the awful soundtrack
>um actually the bosses are puzzles! (really shitty ones!)
>latria is like so disturbing! especially when you have to hear lord rydell straining to shit every minute!
Fuck off DeStard.

Who the fuck thinks you're cool for liking a videogame? I'm not even saying that you're lying, but they're only gaining the admiration of complete retards, so who gives a shit?

Nah. My first was DS2 and it's still my favorite but there's something so much more enchanting about DeS than DS1 or 3. Both 2 and DeS have this feeling of a true grand adventure, and if not that at least a semblance of being the rookie and getting your ass kicked. In both games, the endings aren't nearly as grand as the ones in DS1 or 3, and the progression in both are quite satisfying. In my opinion, I would say DeS is slightly better than 2, but only because it has more original ideas. They're both great in their own right.

It has soul.

Attached: 1623355635057.png (332x378, 189.66K)

The soundtrack is incredible. Demon's isn't my favorite in the series, only beats the Dark sequels, but the OST is easily the best one so far.

I miss HP and MP regeneration on games.
Yeah, it's understandable why they did it, but it was fun making these kinds of builds.

Based

How is Elden Ring polished? What about it is so good? I swear I’m not being a hater, I really did want to love the game (it’s the first video game I’ve played since Sekiro came out) but everything it improves on is either minor (ashes of war) or comes with a lot of drawbacks (the open world) and for everything I loved about the Souls games it simply is worse and less tight/focused

Sometimes the first impression of something has more lasting power than anything after regardless of quality. If you happen to feel that way over the first installment of something, you deserve some cred. And for this particular example, it is also true.

My god the delusions you retards have are something else. You really think the perfect game came about from a development hell so shitty even the game director hates talking about it.

Second best Souls game. Dark Souls felt like an actual expansion of every idea Demons Souls had, a natural evolution. The enemy and location variety and expanded systems being the best part of it. I still love Demons Souls though, it's atmosphere is nearly unmatched