Linux runs games better than Windows

>Linux runs games better than Windows
uhhh....Microbros???

Attached: bros.png (622x676, 158.84K)

gaben does it again

>A lightweight Linux distro designed for gaming performs better than a bloated as fuck pajeet coded Windows

Who would've thought.

Attached: 1644541295639.png (540x528, 354.8K)

indeed

Attached: 1476816741197.png (1300x4760, 1.17M)

>check out the tweet
>it's literally 1 outlier, every other test shows windows ahead

i fucking love linux

It's basically the same as any other desktop distribution. The kernel might have settings more suited for game-like workloads (while even most desktop distributions like Ubuntu have default kernels that are essentially configured as though they were for server workloads, but you can install alternative kernels like Xanmod or Liquorix or whatever just the same), but that's pretty much the sole performance-relevant difference. In terms of memory consumption it might not launch services like CUPS (printing) by default, etc, but that's almost completely inconsequential compared to the big spenders, and lighter desktops/window managers would surely consume less memory than the Steam client: hell, if the Steam "small picture" interface takes as much memory as the Steam client, even KDE (the default desktop in SteamOS 3) is lighter in memory-usage.

I launched Fallout 3 (pre-newest patch) on Proton first try with 0 problems. Took me hours of downloading fan patches and tweaking files to get it to work on Win10.
Resident Evil 5 is so far the only game I can't get to give me a better experience on Linux since they built the game to require windows media player just to launch.

Attached: 1645580835668.png (200x213, 3.64K)

>took him hours to download 1 file and edit a line in an .ini

Hello sirs. Please delete this unnecessary comment. Windows is excellent OS and we work much hard to it.

Same goes for Elden Ring

Any Forums is too smoothbrained to understand why supporting Linux is good for you
maybe you fucks would understand if you were capable of checking out where your current path of sucking corporate cock leads to
but you are physically incapable of doing that, your brain is wired for instant gratification, so you need Windows to run absolutely all of the AAA games and your FOTM games
and we are all caught in this corporate rape jail because of (you)

why are devs actively sabotaging linux
you've got destiny 2 and just recently and update to the ffxiv launcher busted unless you do some retarded ass workaround

because Linux playerbase is too small to milk, so instead developers just ignore it or even lock it out
and this will not change until manufacturers of pre-built PCs (and laptops) don't start putting Linux instead of Windows on the new PCs

Maybe freetards should produce better software, LMAO.

>There will be no Windows 11
WHOOPSIES.

why is only gabe interested in freedom?

I gave loonix many chances during the past 19 years and it failed me every time.
It sucks and it will always suck because it's designed by autistic commies for autistic commies

No fucking shit do you have any idea how much ram and disk usage windows uses...

>designed for gaming
When you get 100% compatibility I'll give a shit about a "gaming" distro.

Bungie are faggots and are threatening to ban any Linux user who manages to get destiny 2 working. FFXIV updates always break the launcher for a period of time

If Gabe was truly interested in freedom, he would make the source code for his client, engine, and games free as in freedom. But he won't, not even for GoldSrc.

>Open source the code for steam
>Security breaches everywhere
Yeah sounds very smart