Dead Space Remake first gameplay footage

We're going to be whole again Any Forumsros

youtube.com/watch?v=VQAg77keP40

Attached: 2832295.jpg (615x384, 110.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2MhcgejjiPs
youtu.be/4wjPk_DEKRk?t=1158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please don't suck
Please don't suck
Please don't suck
Please don't suck
Please don't suck
Please don't suck
Please don't suck

Looks good...I hope it comes for Epic soo Uncle Tim can pay for us

looks like a remaster

EA has Origin so I doubt that an EGS exclusivity would happen.

That video has made me more racist.

>better graphics
>less scary because EA wants to sell more copies

looks too bright

>run series into the ground by turning it into a shitty action game
>remake the first game a decade later
bravo EA

Christ the metal looks bad. Just as bad as Dragon Age Inquisition. Why the fuck is EA forcing that shithole of an engine? Frostbite only has it's use multiplayer just because it works for Battlefield doesn't mean it'll work for everything else.

Attached: 1582927055331.jpg (500x500, 59.3K)

This is the que to get it before the original is gone from steam.

youtube.com/watch?v=2MhcgejjiPs
Honestly having something as autistic as breathing dynamics gives me some slight hope.

Lol they did the same with Command n Conquer.

is it me or the limbs are not getting cut off?

Armor should be more reflective

The stuff they're doing with sound is really cool and I recommend people watch the entire stream. They're actually calculating the direction and surfaces that a sound would travel through and distorting it based on that.

I get the impression they actually give a shit which is incredible for an EA game.

doesn't look like it. also didn't stomp on the corpse.

Have they talked about changes they might make? How faithful are trying to be?

I'd rather just have a port of the second game to the new consoles since I hear the PC version is fucked

I sincerely hope it's just because it's an early build

This isn't meant to be a graphics or gameplay showcase. It's just for sound specifically. In the previous livestream they showed cool dismemberment tech and gore.

youtu.be/4wjPk_DEKRk?t=1158

it has shitty mouse accel (which you can fix with a mod) and it gives you every single pre-order/store specific armor set at the start of the game which breaks the balance

I think they're experimenting with a flesh degradation mechanic. I.E. if you shoot at a limb and the shot isn't dead center, skin would go flying instead of the whole limb. It does look pretty rough right now.
The biggest one so far is Isaac not being a silent protagonist. He'll be voiced like in DS2. However from what I understand he won't run his mouth as much like in DS2.

The guys working on this did a livestream late last year where they went in depth on being fans and wanting to make the game better while respecting the original. Despite adding voice acting for Isaac, they specifically said he's not going to just talk to himself in the dark. These devs are soul as fuck.

I like the genuine effort they're putting in, but it's a complete waste of everyone's fucking time.

Instead of remaking a game we've already played dozens of times, make a fucking spin off game. The universe of Dead Space is brilliant, I crave for new content, not the same shit repackaged; especially when the first game never needed a remake.

All this effort to tell the same story, make a new game, I don't expect them to make Dead Space 3, make a new game set in an underwater lab, a space station or an overrun colony, play as a Sec Officer, or a Scientist or even another engineer; you can have the iconic suits, necromorphs all of it. Just tell a NEW story; hell look to the Dead Space Mobile game for inspiration, it doesn't have to be shakespearean.

Attached: DEMonolith.jpg (1920x690, 781.41K)

They basically said they started by importing the original game's level geometry. I suspect it's going to be pretty faithful.

I really wish it wasn't though. DS1 still looks and plays really good. I'm hoping this is being advertised as a remake but ends up being a sequel after the first 1/3rd.

This is an audio focused presentation, they said countless times that visually you’re seeing a ton of unfinished shit.
Sounds like they are trying to be as faithful as possible. They described going through and replaying the game a bunch before designing levels with the mindset of “start with the original, keep what works, fix what doesn’t, then enhance upon the foundation”. They also seem to be rummaging through the raw audio files for the original

Also Jack patillo is so unfunny can he please stop trying to make jokes

While I agree that I'd also like more original content. At the same time a successful remake might lead down that road. From EAs perspective a remake is the safest bet before doing something more.

>they actually gave a shit

They made dead space 3 a fun little co-op shooter THEN they held the entire IP for ransom unless they sold 10 million copies

day 1 pirate, fuck EA for LIFE

Attached: 1612846975760.png (678x579, 739.36K)

There was nothing wrong with Isaac cursing as he stomped the shit out of a necro. I certainly swore a few times after being spooked by them. It just seemed fitting for the shit that Isaac was doing.

As much as this is true, it takes MANY YEARS to make Video Games now days. Long gone are the days wear a year or 2 was all that's needed to make a commercial viable and successful game. By the time this remake is released, and possible plans of NEW Dead Space content, it would take nearly a decade for it to arrive.

Attached: comic_cover__by_snifer25_ddrnnte-fullview.jpg (1920x1365, 254.16K)

What works about DS1:
-Atmosphere
-Graphics
-Enemy/character/ship/art design
-Sound

What doesn't work about DS1:
-Repetitive gameplay loop (Enter room, all doors lock, fight off dozens of enemies)
-Enemies jumping out of vents only works a couple times before becoming annoying
-Samey looking environments by the end
-Plot that almost entirely consists of "go here, fix this" and ends up being backloaded with anything interesting

>Getting hype for a remaster/remake
Don't be such retards and fall for this garbage shilling.

I remember that. They never released the dlc for pc. Then it was found out all the dlc suits were on the disk and all required was a simple mod to access them. So later they released a patch.

soulless

Attached: 1627019588652.png (1176x724, 188.16K)

I agree, Dead Space is already a great game that has aged very well graphically. Remaking it 1:1 but with better graphics and audio is pointless, since they're going forward with this remake, they should add new gameplay and scenarios, and alter level design in reasonable way. Perhaps add in stuff that was cut from the originally game or from early design documents

I agree but I don’t think it really fits for dead space 1.
The second game was way more actiony (not a bad thing inherently) and Isaac was a quiplord so it fit the tone and I wouldn’t love it if they shoehorned that attitude into DS1

I think on some level they already are, The Zero-G segments are going to be more like Dead Space 2 and that's quite a fundamental overhaul that would require new level design.

Would be nice if they did some things they originally wanted to do but couldn't because of technical limitations. I want more enemies that adapt to having their limbs cut off.

>caring about anything by EA
>after DS3
>after they shutdown visceral
>after BF5
>after Anthem
>after BF2042
How much of a braindead consoomer can you fucking be

Attached: 1643747313675.jpg (869x960, 174.51K)

>Game starts out the same
>starts getting weird/surreal about 1/3rd of the way
>In the last 3rd, Isaac breaks out of a giant convergence fleshpile that he became part of at the end of DS3.
>It's hell on earth

Looks... just like the original, really. Aside from lighting and textures.
DS1 and DS2 still age well.

Overall they aim to be as faith as possible. The big changes that I'm aware of are:
1. Isaac will be voiced
2. They're using the zero g maneuvering from Dead Space 2.
3. Less linear. I think they're aiming to have the Ishimura more open.

>alter level design in a reasonable way
They’re absolutely doing that by adding ds2 style zero G as well it’s lack of camera cuts.
It seems that they are drastically changing the layout of levels in order to try and scare returning fans.
That mixed with the new occlusion tech should let them SERIOUSLY give us heart palpitations

>I think they're aiming to have the Ishimura more open.

That's genuinely a good idea. Alien Isolation worked really well in that regard.

>Less linear
Ehh, that one worries me a bit. I fucking hate this modern Ubisoft mentality of making everything open world. Just give me some solid linear levels. Unless they mean something more like System Shock 2 in which case I'm not entirely against.

I fucking WISH. Would be unabashedly kino on a whole 'nother level.