Flying ruins MMOs

Flying ruins MMOs

Attached: 70CDBC28-FD07-4989-81D3-1E4D75387730.png (501x431, 321.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yek_vvryHyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mounts and fast travel ruin mmos

Obsession to endgame kills MMO's.
Look at runescape.

Attached: final_62262b14667157009295a5e0_69168.webm (942x742, 2.94M)

No it doesn't. Wasting time walking through content you've already experienced is not gameplay.

things that killed MMOs

>jewish devs
>item level/gear score
>flying to avoid world interaction
>instanced/phased questing
>cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes
>jewish devs
>dodge the red circle is the sole mechanic
>the entire country of Korea
>hiring diversity instead of book writers

the community ruins MMOs and has since 2006

What really ruined MMOs is data mining and spoiler sites

>obsessed
Go back to playing private serves and stop giving Blizzard money.

your reply means nothing to me faggot, I haven't paid Blizzard since 2008

instanced game worlds are not mmos

>flying
>fast travel
>dungeon finders
>discord
>youtube
>twitch
>addon/mods

Auto que ruined mmo's.
When you no longer needed a community to get groups, the social aspect of wow was dead.
It really did just become a theme park experince at that point.

I already do though? I would just like to play something else and I would like it to be not Runescape. Is GW1 good?

The world of an MMORPG should not be "content" you experience only once. Go play a single player game if you want that.

>cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes
fucking this, if your mmo game has more cutscenes than the 1 minute cutscene at the beginning you have fucked up.

>community
>in 2022
Nigga, you're just anti-social.

>what is FFXIV

god it was total shit but flying for the first time in FlyFF felt great

Attached: 1609710690377.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

unironically, all of the above

flying is the least of WoW's issues

God I'm just glad I don't care about Blizzards garbage games anymore. Not even the new Diablo caught my interest back when I had a semblance of interest left.

No one will miss this shit company.

Attached: 12a3d323.png (1797x814, 1.29M)

>what is FFXIV
overrated trash but still the best non-private server mmo on the market

I agree. I can still remember the soundtrack.

>overrated
user...

I hate video game designers

BC ruined WoW and people will defend the game to the death for some reason.

It's shocking how low a company can go when they started out universally liked.

Agreed.

Another thing that ruins MMOs is when the majority of their end-game content takes place inside instances. MMOs should have the large, large majority of its content take place in the open-world. Instances should never provide gear or materials, only cosmetics, achievements, and titles.

back then my english was pretty rudimentary and the game wasn't available in my language so i didn't even realize you could buy items to teleport to other continents
as a result, the first time i went to saintmorning i actually flew there with my brand new board and discovering a whole new continent with this playing in the background felt absolutely magical
youtube.com/watch?v=Yek_vvryHyk
this shitty korean mmo had no business giving me such a strong feeling of childlike wonder

Attached: 1437211813894.jpg (800x495, 69.53K)

What? I think I spoke pretty highly of it. It's only problem is that it's an typical modern MMO and has typical modern MMO problems even if it's the best typical modern MMO.

Yes. Big guilds should have to fight over world bosses and have open pking so randos can cause drama. That kinda stuff actually makes soul in mmos.

WoW's implementation of flying ruins MMOs. FFXIV's implementation of flying is objectively great game design.

Being MMOs ruins MMOs, it's not possible to make a good video game around the concept of having thousands of players in one world space together.

One can totally make the argument that flying did serious damage to WoW. Your image isn't making that argument, though. It appears to be complaining about gold sinks.

ffxi was brilliant until the took a shit and released abyssea.