Okay yeah. This boss is literal bullshit. It has too many gimmicks. It's poorly designed by every metric...

Okay yeah. This boss is literal bullshit. It has too many gimmicks. It's poorly designed by every metric. Healing for a percentage of her damage every time she hits you (or you block), I can live with. Chaining attacks and combos infinitely, I can live with. Being able to cancel recovery from finishers at will, I can live with. Having very few windows to punish, I can live with. Being able to parry your attacks at random? Sure, I mean I don't like it, but ok. Now, being able to parry your attacks WHILE DODGING? I draw a line there. Add a nuke attack that does 5000 hp of damage and will stunlock you to death if you get hit even once? Okay, sure, as long as you can dodge it consistently, right? Well no, because it will rollcatch you if you're close enough, no matter how soon or how late you roll. The only way to mitigate it consistently is to either block it, or be lucky enough that you're far away from it that when she starts it, you can sprint from it all. Does she have a tell for when she's about to use it? Nope. It's on a cooldown, and she uses it whenever she feels. The good thing is you can cheese her into using it from long range. That's good, right? Well, her AI responds to the cheese tactic in two ways: 1) she uses the super attack, or 2) she uses a gap closer if she's on cooldown. Now assume she's on cooldown, you use the cheese strat, she uses the gap closer and she's in your face now. If her cooldown immediately, there's a high chance she will use the attack instantly, and you can try again bucko. I haven't even mentioned her phase 2 ghost attack that will also kill you if you get hit once by any of the 10 ghosts it spits out. What a garbage fucking boss. Fuck this bullshit.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 41.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72_yLXmIJN4&t=35
youtu.be/dOJ8ug3_VkY?t=103
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Being able to parry your attacks at random?
I've never had that happen. Are big boy weapons immune or something?

The problem is one
>jumps
There is no way of actually reacting to Dad if she does this for the first time, it's an instant death no matter what. Drones with defens it but it's quite obvious that it's not fucking possible to evade that the first time you get that.

git gud

See webm. She does this shit to me consistently. Most of the time she does it while she's blocking. Sometimes, she does it while she's outright dodging or during recovery frames like the webm. Actual broken boss

Hang on, I got a webm for just how bullshit the jump attack is. I use a weapon art to bait it out. Sometimes, she'll ignore the trigger, and then trigger it in my face 2 seconds later.

Attached: vlc-record-2022-03-11-15h32m39s-Elden Ring 2022.03.11 - 15.12.02.05.DVR.mp4- (1).webm (960x540, 2.87M)

>words words words
didn't read. Ringed the bell.

See webm

Attached: vlc-record-2022-03-11-15h37m25s-Elden Ring 2022.03.11 - 15.34.43.06.DVR.mp4-.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

git gud
youtube.com/watch?v=72_yLXmIJN4&t=35

You're dodging her thousand cuts wrong and whiffing attacks

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it on Any Forums for at least 2-3 years before Elden Ring was released. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: wasting your time running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarded massive boring time wasting open world map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a DILUTION of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the WORST soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 as my 3x3 again, from now on it will only be a symbol of atonement for my sin; to show those who saw this 3x3 during those 2-3 years that I was wrong, I was a garbage human, I shouldn't have shilled Elden Ring during those 2-3 years before it came out.

I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1000x1000, 472.81K)

>just unlock, walk around the boss a few times, then roll and pray you don't get hit
Name a single other boss in any Fromsoft game that relies on RNG to dodge its 1 hit kill attack

I beat her a few days ago and I'm a casual idiot who only plays 3 or 4 games a year.

Attached: 0.4 percent.png (405x182, 83.45K)

>RNG
its all about timing

It's kinda bullshit user but honestly dodging it ISN'T impossible. The first one is the most difficult IMO and should be run away from if possible. The 2nd is slightly easier and the 3rd is very easy to dodge if you pay attention what direction she is attacking in. for the third attack it helps to take your focus off of her. I've dodged all three of her attacks multiple time and you just need near-perfect timing and good awareness of where she is moving.

Why are you not using jump + LA while fish welding twinblade? It puts it crazy damage while being just as safe as regular LOW.

Try using a heavy shield with the ash of war ability to block better. Worked for me. I used the starting vagabond sword but with blood ash of war on it

Yeah, sad thing if the first one hits you, you're gonna take about 90% of your health in damage. And in phase 2, scarlet rot procs and you're 100% gonna die

The fact that it takes that much technical skill to dodge just the one attack, and the fact that it's so cryptic what you can even do is an issue on it's own.
If you don't know what the counter to an attack is, you don't get the iconic feeling of death being your fault in these games.

People figured out the blocking strategy, running away strategy and bloodhound step strategy very early on.

>blocking strategy
Not an option for casters/dual wielders/people who just don't wanna use shields
>running away strategy
Not an option if she does it from up close, which can be 100% not your fault even if you try to abuse her AI into triggering it early
>bloodhound step
Specific Ashes of War which not everyone has access to.

This is the main issue. Not every build should be able to fully and perfectly mitigate every single attack, but making a 1hit kill attack that is impossible to mitigate unless you have one of those 3 options is bad design.

Running away is always an option, git gud.

There's also another solution: stacking physical damage negations and accepting the fact you're going to get hit some. You'd be surprised how much physical damage it's possible to reduce.

The imperfect solutions are the least skill intensive while the universal perfect solution is the most skill intensive. I fail the to see any problems.

Use wave of darkness and stunlock her to death. Easiest boss in the game. Easier than margit

Legitimately sounds like you're just a shitter.
Surprise! Not every attack needs to be a single slash with a few seconds of windup. Play more action games.

The only way I've found to dodge her bullshit teleport attack is to remove lockon and spam bloodhound step the fuck away. I've watched all the videos about dodging and how to avoid it, but no matter what it's never consistent and she auto tracks me sometimes and just kills me.

I can see that attack being toned down in a future patch, but god damn it's such bullshit right now. Never before have I hated a Soul boss like this, Demon of Hatred was the only one that's even come close. As a whole DS3 had much better bosses than ER, with Gael, Midir, and Freide.

the first flurry is always predictable because it's a health threshold
the second flurry you have to bait out with a ranged attack after 30-40 seconds, do NOT play aggressive and keep your distance until it has been used
see the timecode for baiting out second flurry youtu.be/dOJ8ug3_VkY?t=103
second phase is completely fucked though, I have no idea when she can and cannot use it and her aggression levels are off the charts. but at least she has more openings during this phase
you have to move in a very specific way--the easiest is to dodge second flurry backwards, then dodge third flurry directly underneath her. the reason for this is because her tracking updates slowly and trying to change her direction can lead to wonky interactions with the third flurry where it still catches you even if you think you juked it. if you're near the edge of the arena you have to gently change direction a little bit and dodge the second flurry in a backwards-left or backwards-right direction, then you can still go directly underneath her for number 3. took a lot of dying to figure this out

She's weak to anal.

Attached: MaleniaIsWeakToAnal.png (1414x1000, 1.72M)

just get killed enough times that you know how to perfectly roll through her every attacks, that's how i did it

The only thing that's legitimately broken and fucked is how the roll and lock on spazzes out during this. Also, absurd tracking midslice as well

I'm not even a "good" souls player, I rage quit ds2 dlc bosses and managed to beat her 4th try at lvl 90. Mimics tear is ez mode

Right in the CRIMSON ROT.