Margit Boss Fight

Alright look....I've played Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 and beaten the first two. I've never seen an early game boss this hard. And like, I get it, you're supposed to wander and level up. I'm level 22 and I have some decent equipment and I'm still getting bodied. I can get him to about just below half health with no issue at all but once the hammer comes out it's like his attack speed goes super fast all of a sudden.

Summons actually make the fight way harder because even one summon gives him infinitely more health. My strategy is to summon the skeletons because they respawn if he doesn't hit them while they're down, and go HAM with my greatsword. But he's rough, lads, I admit it.

Attached: Margit Elden Ring.jpg (1200x800, 146.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xb1pPUR2xMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is the hardest boss in the game if you fight it with level appropriate gear yea. never used summons though because im not a fucking fag or a game journalist

I tried it once just because my uncle was online and wanted to help me, but it actually makes the fight so much harder. You do no damage with summons.

You can poison him, that helps. I beat him at level 27, used the zweihaender which let me stagger him. Piled on then. Pretty sure I killed him with a throwing knife lol

colossal weapons are kinda hardmode
what you want to do is punish each of his laggy attacks (his jump for example) with a jump attack
if you do this enough he'll stagger and you have time for one jump attack then a crit
it's hard but you can do it

It seems like the boss difficulty spikes are crazy in this game. I can go a few minutes out to the Summoner Village and face the easiest boss I've ever fought in the form of the Tibia Mariner, and then go to Margit and get trounced.

Using the Lordsword greatsword + 1 so it's not like I'm wielding Havel's dildo, it's just a bit slower.

he has a lot of attacks that are just to bait you into walking into a combo, once I learned that he was pretty easy. The charged attack, the projectile-projectile-jump attack, and any combo that he ends by stabbing into the ground are when to punish. In phase 2 you can prevent him from doing wombo combos by rolling forward and to the right when he does the hammer jump, if you roll straight into him he will follow it up with the sword. Same thing for the regular hammer sweep except you have to roll a bit earlier than it looks like you should have to

I beat him in 4 tries with the greatsword you get out of the cart in that camp. He's not hard but I'd argue DaS was never hard. That title goes to Nioh.

get good scrub

Level 22 is pretty damn low. You can beat him at that level, but I would aim for around 30 or something.

If you want a simple trick to make him easier. Get Margit's Shackle. You get it from a dude named Patches in a nearby cave. He sells it to you after you defeat him.
It pretty much lets you skip his first phase. It binds him long enough to get a good combo off and inflict blood loss. You can use it twice during the fight.

Attached: margit.jpg (300x476, 39.04K)

Early game? What?? He was really easy I was level 50, I don't even remember how many hours in I was, hours and hours.

you should see a gold npc summon sign for Rogier outside of the room.
Failing that, get to sl30 it would be far easier. You could also learn his moveset, your likely never going to get an oppurtunity to swing more than once without getting hit.

Health dose not increase for spirit summons

You should be facing him at 40 user.
Even then, remember to use jumping and r2s to stagger him.

Greatsword main here, you are retarded, colossal is easy mode. You deal fuck loads of damage with every strike, you just need to know when and there is one opening in every chain of moves.

git gud

Yeah you have to learn which of his combos are safe to punish. Some of them are bait. You'll think he's open but when you go to attack he busts out the damn knife.
The one attack I can't quite figure out how to deal with is the crazy sword combo where he turns into a whirlwind of attacks for a few moments. All I can do is dodge roll away and cross my fingers.

colossal weapon + quick step ash of war = invincible
simple as you literally do the whole shtick of
>heh you probably think I'm a slow str slug
>teleports behind you
>nothing personell kiddo
>obliterates in a single zweihander backstab

Git
Gud
youtu.be/xb1pPUR2xMQ

Summon the jellyfish. Ez pz

The transition from "literally just go there at the start and beat him with no summons" to the stuff you people are posting now 2 weeks later is blatant proof everyone here is a fucking shitter who will actually never git gud.

This game has brought Any Forums to it's humble knees

>best boss track in teh entire game
>doesn't get reused once

I don't understand your comment when this boss can be beaten in so many ways.

No, it's just that the decade old Soulsbourne culture is shaken by Elden Ring's design principle.
Bosses are intentionally over-tuned. A posture breaking mechanic was implemented to encourage r2 and jump attacks. The days of 1v1 r1 spam for maximum damage efficiency are over.

>literally just go there at the start and beat him with no summons
I did this but honestly I wouldn't recommend it for anyone's first playthrough. This kind of deep learning never take a hit stuff is self-imposed challenge and it's pretty unambiguously clear for arguably the first time in a From game that levelling is an intended aspect of the game design to mitigate difficulty. Like they put Tree Sentinel right at the start explicitly to teach you to go explore the massive fucking open world they spent years making. The deep learning adds replayability to the game for later runs, on your first playthrough, just get through it however you want