What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: 1616069287555.jpg (275x350, 35.33K)

Zero meaningful progression

This is the biggest issue with Sea of Thieves. The PVP is frantic and intense, but.. there's no real loss. Sure, you lose a cache of gold but gold is basically meaningless.

No progression means outside of PVP, there's no real reason to play.

Pirate combat is awful. land pve content is awful. The pirates life stuff was interesting but very hit or miss.

It's a beautiful game. Sailing is fun. They just need better progression and a better sense of loss.

i really enjoy it actually. i think its biggest issue right now is a lack of environment diversity. imagine a glacier biome, or underwater exploration. that would be so cool!

That little glitchy ass sword slide thing.

Me and a friend played this for a few hours and the few people we saw would always turn the other way so it was just us going to an island and getting a treasure chest, turning it in, repeat.

No fun allowed player base, it's starting to feel like how TF2's community went to shit.

Attached: 1642608535539.gif (600x338, 3.95M)

Soul

Being able to do a stinger is one of the best parts

>or underwater exploration
Did you not touch the game in the last 6 months? They added 9 new underwater locations on the map, six siren shrines/dungeons with exploration/puzzles, and three treasuries where you fight waves of sirens and ocean crawlers.

Attached: sea-of-thieves-sunken-kingdom.jpg (800x450, 54.01K)

I haven't played since launch. Is there still fuckall to do while you're sailing somewhere? At launch you could
>play an instrument
>get drunk
>emote?
I think they added fishing but playing solo at launch was so goddamn boring.

Its still basically that unless you stop and explore a siren shrine or ship wreck.

That sucks.

>the last 6 months
i dont think many people come back to a game they dont like?

Bad launch, but it's good now with lots of updates.

Why do you think bing bing wahoo leveling up makes gameplay more interesting?

The game is just a time killer. When all you have is cosmetics and titles youre trying to get theres not much else.

I'm glad I got my glitter beard when I did, whit the attitude of players now it would be next to impossible

Attached: Tamers12345pinksonic.png (693x389, 297.39K)

You mean people being pirates in a pirate game?

friend and I tried it a few months ago. spent a few hours doing missions and upgrading our ship. some rare event spawned and we got the chest, then had a marker on us, and a high level faster more powerful ship one shot us and took the chest and we spent the next 20 mins trying to get to shore
>git gud
i wasn't given the opportunity to git gud. we got ganked in an impossible to win scenario

I tried to git gut at the pvp but at the end it was just autisticly running around the ship and trying to shot each other with the blunderbuss. Without boarding the other ship you'll just endlessly shot each other till one does a major mistake or sails into a bomb barrel. Chasing is also no fun at all. PvE was nice at first but things got repetitive.