Many people say elden ring does open world right (without ever explaining how)...

Many people say elden ring does open world right (without ever explaining how), but in my opinion elden ring shows open world always just makes an action game worse than if you had a more hand-crafted experience. Much like previous souls games

Attached: 1639064041964.jpg (1200x615, 142.26K)

ratio

I agree, OP. The open world just adds palling.
Dark Souls and Bloodborne achieved excellent sense of atmosphere and scale without needing you to fight/gallop past five filler encounters per stuff that matters

>Many people say elden ring does open world right (without ever explaining how)
I guess they like the fact there's very little handholding and you're left to your own devices to discover things and progress through the game but yeah, overall I'd say the map design is pretty poor and the content is extremely overrated, simply way too much copypasted enemies and a lack of gameplay variety (traversal should really have been better)

True. Gacha and Open World just make anything worse.

Attached: 1466492900839.jpg (1000x1200, 154.86K)

The one thing I do like about the open world is how cool it is to see the beginning areas from massively far away, it makes the "adventure" in action adventure actually stand out. Other than that it's kinda shit tho.

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it on Any Forums for at least 2-3 years before Elden Ring was released. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: wasting your time running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarded massive boring time wasting open world map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a DILUTION of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the WORST soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 as my 3x3 again, from now on it will only be a symbol of atonement for my sin; to show those who saw this 3x3 during those 2-3 years that I was wrong, I was a garbage human, I shouldn't have shilled Elden Ring during those 2-3 years before it came out.

I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 362.27K)

Elden Ring does open world better than Assassin's Creed or The Elder Scrolls because it doesn't throw checklists at you. However, it doesn't do open world better than GTA, which is still the undisputed king of open world.

bit controversial but i didn't like a single underground level

Attached: 1412848438696.png (960x933, 872.27K)

Btw I am also a medically diagnosed Autist and I enjoy spamming race bait threads

Exploration and sidetracking is rewarding
Simple as

lmao
R* is just as bad and overall worse than ER
Their quest design go completely against the open nature of their games.

You dont need an open world to do that, previous souls games accomplished that perfectly

My only gripes are
>too many uninspired dungeons and yes, that includes most of the legacy dungeons as well
>too many copy pasted enemies and assets after the first half of the game
>not enough interesting interactions in the world which was underwhelming for an open world game
>too much padding
>it's an action rpg yet most rpg elements are little to none in this game
>bosses are too spastically fast for the most part which makes trying out slow and heavy weapons really boring to play with
>poise is useless
>there are so many broken things in the game because game is unbalanced
It definitely needed more time in the oven.

whats a legacy dungeon

Forgot to include,
>quests are boring and Souls style cryptic quests don't work in an open world game when most npcs don't give you any hint about where they would go

Speaking of copypaste, shit-tier spamming bro

Quest design isn't what makes GTA the king, its modern urban setting is what does. There is no better setting for open world than that one due to how condensed and frantic it is. There being loads of secondary quests also makes the most sense in that environment. In every other setting, open world leads to exaggerated lulls of nothing happening, despite what benefits it may still bring.

Main dungeons.

whats a main dungeon? all the dungeons in the game are pretty much the same shit

Don’t worry, now that the honeymoon phase is over your discord raids will start working.

Attached: 8A61B91C-362B-4EB1-A0DD-AA6592C7829E.jpg (750x1024, 89.34K)

What the fuck? That is exactly my point but legacy dungeons are usually bigger and they have story bosses in them.

>story bosses
so you mean the traditional level areas? none of those are dungeons theyre all like castles

They are basically dungeons, you retarded autist. I am not going to waste my time explaining why they are traditional dungeons to you, so shut the fuck up and sit down with your passive aggressive faggotry.

umm castles are not dungeons
also why are you so mad

>DUNGEON means Closed-Off Area in an online gaming context. In RPG (Role Playing Games), a Dungeon is a hostile Closed-Off Area within which a player will encounter enemies. DUNGEONs are usually found in enclosed areas, such as castles, fortresses, or caves.
Nigger, are you dumb or you are just baiting?

castles are not dungeons

A dungeon just means a fucking labyrinth dude, this has been the accepted term since the 70s

Any Forums is dead and full of niggers

>The word "dungeon" comes from Old French donjon (also spelled dongeon), which in its earliest usage meant a keep, the main tower of a castle. The first recorded instance of the word in English was near the beginning of the 14th century when it held the same meaning as donjon.
Holy fuck, you are so stupidly ignorant. Kill yourself, faggot.

played mage. enjoyed expLOREing and building my character up. it pays to not lose your imagination. i like how i had to learn to pull my pants up and murder instead of waiting for enemies to make the first move. also lol at input readers. you want to cheese u get cheese back sorry.

castles are not dungeons, why are you so mad over this??

hes just baiting
leave him be

Really weird hill to die on but okay.

Attached: CEE2AE47-23B0-440A-BF75-3CFA4E79290E.jpg (1024x813, 179.8K)

He wasn't baiting at first but now he "pretends" to be retarded to undo the psychological damage that anons inflicted on him.