Ruins any attempt of Elden Ring having an interesting Speedrun

>ruins any attempt of Elden Ring having an interesting Speedrun.

Attached: ash_of_war_hoarfrost_stomp.png (200x200, 25.17K)

I think the skip to Azula ruined it more.

boss fights in speed runs were never going to be interesting

What are some good ashes of war? particularly for a int / dex user that prefers polearms.

Kinda hard to compete with hoarfrost stomp, but Sword Dance is a good gap closer that hits around you multiple times, and it's cheap.

Where do I get it

I quite liked Impaling Thrust. It's very simple, but a great way to get reliable thrust damage. It also does good stagger damage and goes through shields which is nice against a lot of enemies.

How do I optimize the damage from this thing. I have it on a +13 dismounter sword and it typically does 4-500 damage. I’m only at 20 strength though. I hear you can make it way better though.

>particularly for a int / dex user that prefers polearms.
Loretta's slash is cool. Just not actually very good.

>polearms
I believe there is one where you throw the wepon I used on the pike for a while, was pretty good

>Watching people trying to route speedruns and shit
>Get to Crystal soldiers
>Simply cannot wrap their heads around Hoarfrost not working on them
>Slam their heads into walls for hours while chat begs them to just TRY to use a blunt weapon for 10 seconds
Comedy gold, speedrunners are genuinely retarded.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether it scales off of total weapon attack rating or INT. at 60 int and base STR/DEX to wield my magic infused Claymore, I was typically dealing like 200 damage with the initial spread of crystals, and like 900-1000 for the explosion. I pretty much stopped using spells for a while until I got Adula's moonblade and the Hammer spell.

They really are. If its not in the route, they cannot adapt.

>swapping the charge stab on pike
heresy

I like Ice spear a lot on polearms. Has decent range, does good damage for cheap, and provides a chunk of stagger as well.

I don't care about the speedtrannies but having something like this that trivializes 99% of the game is retarded. Either increase the FP cost substantially, reduce the AoE, or nerf the damage.

the wrong warps are even worse because it ensures 99% of the runs are just running around
the skip to Farum Azula is just idiotic, how the hell is that a thing. I watched one of Dist's runs and he literally only fought 4 bosses

why does it matter? just don't use it, I dont

It doesn’t work that great for a bunch of bosses and enemies. It works amazing for the slow, grounded ones like that Wyrm guy, but a lot of them float or can attack you while you’re mid stomp and cancel it out. It’s a really good attack but not gamebreaking.

any% is always for chumps anyway

Sucks that in the Manor there's a bridge that will make your Stomp not appear for some reason

Attached: HoarfrostStomp.png (540x677, 473.24K)

I tested it last night on a character by respeccing. I was doing roughly as much damage with it on a Cold Longsword with equal STR/DEX as I was equal STR/INT. When I had no points in any attack stat, the damage was lower. It seems to just scale with AR from what I could tell, though weapon upgrading itself also adds a lot of course.

Something about throwing a spear twice my size was funny, I really wish so many ashes didn't have restrictions because I would put that on a collasal just to fuck around

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it on Any Forums for at least 2-3 years before Elden Ring was released. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: wasting your time running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarded massive boring time wasting open world map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a DILUTION of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the WORST soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 as my 3x3 again, from now on it will only be a symbol of atonement for my sin; to show those who saw this 3x3 during those 2-3 years that I was wrong, I was a garbage human, I shouldn't have shilled Elden Ring during those 2-3 years before it came out.

I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 362.27K)

If it scales off AR, then logically weapon arts would deal more damage with split damage weapons, because they typically have a higher total to make up for their damage being mitigated by two defensive stats. with 60 int and base STR/DEX on my +22 claymore, I have like 240+175 magic damage and 240+11 physical. That's like 650 total AR, which is probably comparable to a guy with 60/60 STR/DEX using a quality infusion. Same damage but less investment.

>sneedruns
Don't care.

>It’s a really good attack but not gamebreaking.
you can easily kill every single boss with it because it fucks up their AI, they read the input on the first line of attack from hoarstomp, but because the AI in this game is retarded they 100% ignore the aftershock AoE that does all the damage.
The reason it's so strong is because if bypasses the retarded AI

>FTHCHADS have to get 100 different items to be good casters
>intvirgins can easily get the meteorite staff and rock throw to solve the game plus the have the strongest spell in the game at level 1

>Look how hard I can pee!