Not playing it even when it hits 9.0

Attached: 06v11.jpg (1080x1185, 76.49K)

I know indie devs need the money from early access but shit, it's annoying

>check steam page
>23k players
how

Attached: Jesse.jpg (446x595, 184.88K)

POSTAL 4 be like

Indiedev here, can someone explain the boogeyman around early access? I finished making my demo but I haven't released it anywhere

Attached: 1636777771335.jpg (550x540, 20.5K)

cashgrab that makes devs go super lazy if their game gets minimal praise

Demo =/= Early Access
For starters, you don't pay for demos.

I would say that nobody wants to play an unfinished game but early access games still sell so the fuck do I know

>check steam top sellers
>early access survival with crafting

Attached: Tire.jpg (807x659, 41.62K)

Because indir "dev" faggots make money by releasing a promise if a game. A primise which they never deliver on because they're fucking scam artists.

NEVER EVER

Attached: Maximum Action.png (600x900, 846.47K)

Just like kickstarter's failed projects, a lot o people realize they actually can't into gamedev and just give up without giving supporters a refund.
I'm not entirely against buying early access games, but I always try to do a minimum background check before wasting my money on them. I've managed to avoid scams so far (disappointments, no so much, but at least the dev didn't give up and released the full game).

Demos aren't early access and early access doesn't function as a demo.

>release incomplete game
>take the money
>become lazy

This. With early access you can sell what people imagine your game could be, not what it actually is.

why is EA so popular with boomer shooters?
Just finished wrath aeon of ruin and it felt so fucking barebones and the game got released in 2019..

Okay, thanks guys. I'll just publish the demo for free then.

probably because the core gameplay is done first but making levels is what takes a lot of time

don't care, still not buying ultrakill

> Game is garbage, full of hackers, the devs don't care, has game breaking bugs, looks like shit and has an awful community
> The game is NOT in Early Access

What the fuck?

Attached: 1249525.jpg (750x445, 53.53K)

2018-2019 DBD = SOUL
2022 = POO

>game looks fun
>early access
>still getting new levels and content and will assuredly be amazing once finished
Thank you hakita

Attached: Ezg0_UqXsAIS1jv.jpeg.jpg (517x1284, 102.53K)

If you play early access you sacrifice the quality of your first playthrough. You can really enjoy things that could be changed drastically or outright removed. you could preemptively reward a novice creator and possibly reduce their drive to finish it. It invites the byebye man into your home. It may be a scam if the EA is very early. You have to deal with bugs, save corruption and intentional or accidental save wipes. Thats just off the top of my head like when i get scalped by hardware resellers.