Literally what is the point of this?

All you have to do is run straight to the other side while chugging healing flasks. There's no thought put into this at all. They added a gimmick where you can raise platforms out of the water to safely cross but its so slow that there's no reason to simply run though and ignore them. It's just there to annoy the player and potentially waste their time

Attached: gmd6c80r6sk81[1].png (1982x1114, 1.81M)

>There's no thought put into this at all
This is what happens when a cult of redditors and journalists suck your nasty yellow dick for like 12 years no matter what shit you vomit out

I simply love the placement of the ulcerated tree spirit here
The trigger for its spawn is at a point in the rot river where you pretty much have to get afflicted with scarlet rot to even make it spawn, and then when it spawns it does basically unavoidable damage immediately
Great work all around

The drgonkin there is unironically one of the worst fights in the game
>easily 2-shots you
>if it doesn't it'll knock you into the koolaid and then kill you while you're curing rot and then chugging another flask to get out of 1-shot range

It was a certified Dark Souls 2 moment. A pure gotcha moment intended to get a cheap kill on the player and nothing else.

Maybe I was missing something, but even with going to the statues that raise the extra platforms, I was getting rot'd just running the 5 seconds to the statues in the first place. Since the rot was unavoidable it made more sense to just run through it while chugging.

But user, from games are not trial and error, if you die it's your fault :)

>70 hrs in
>still haven't found rot or poison bolus recipe
fextralife is laughing at me again

with that sort of HP, yeah, you'd just have to chug flasks.

Just touch yourself.

Attached: flame-cleanse-me.900x.jpg (900x837, 85.87K)

switched over to more mana pots and hit myself with the fire cleanse incant while wearing the bug helmet git gud

I did a mix of chugging and Fire Cleanse Me, it wasnt traumatic and actually the tamest swamp of the whole series. Bottom of Blightown is way more annoying with the rock throwing fuckers, but somehow more entertaining than Lake of Rot. Dragonkin is a decent fight out of the whole pack of shitty bosses.
I suck dick at this game, Malenia, Mohg and Makelith made me use Mimic Tear

You're supposed to Preserving Boluses not health potions

haven't found that either, despite having 40 faith and cheating to look up where the dragon lightning spear is and eventually getting it and it's shit. such are the rewards of a faith user

if I can tag the next bonfire without using any boluses, I'll chug away instead.

It's the smarter choice, you'd expect to find a tough rot inducing enemy later (which you do, the Ulcerated Tree), so its a better idea to chug away and use them the moment you step on actual land

You get it by killing one of the Bell bearing hunters

is that the one by the erdtree in mt gelmir? or is there a mega hard one somewhere else

>Bought the entire stock of the ailment debuffs from santa in Caelid
>Used some preserving bolus for SCARLET DREAM while exploring that abandoned cave
>Used the rest of it in the Lake of Rot
And now I'm empty and I can't find those rare plants to make more. FUCK. Hopefully there won't be any more areas with it

>assume the platforms are to get across with no rot
>nope, you are just supposed to chug
shit design/area.

theres a fucking dragonkin here? i searched the whole swamp and i never ran into one

>There's a tree snake with a golden seed at the bottom of the lake of rot
I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH IT. WHY THERE... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

not only is the area terribly designed but finding another fucking poison swamp deep down the underground was probably the biggest disappointment of an already huge letdown

like this place is crawling with giant ants and has these fucked up pseudo astels hanging from the ceiling, I thought that going even deeper would make me discover some sort of hellish demon insect nests but nope, le poison swamp from caelid!!

fromdrones truly are mentally ill