Frombros

Frombros...

Attached: 1647023147569.jpg (1080x1062, 246.13K)

>twitter screencap
kill yourself OP

Attached: 1646635778208.png (600x653, 402.62K)

Attached: zanzibart.png (800x1400, 414.27K)

These people must have a hard time reading literature.

The guy can't even name a single other franchise that delivers lore in that way, because it doesn't happen. Souls games are literally unique in this way and will be so forever, no doubt.

lol
lmao

Ain’t that guy a Gearbox writer?

SNEED

SNEED

Maybe because other franchises actually have lore to deliver?
Literature actually have story and dialogues

SNEED

Reading an item description then playing a game and all of its variables and repeating that isnt good story telling.

Yes.

Attached: cope.jpg (803x638, 87.39K)

>Literature actually have story and dialogues

So does Souls. Literature delivers the world it tries to build piecemeal and in a sparse way too, this is literally the reason ADD zoomerbrains like the guy in the OP doesn't read books.

SNEED

the kind of storytelling that is geared for wiki editors and youtubers, not normal players

SNEED

SNEED

I'll bet you money that any game you mention with good storytelling actually has trash storytelling that spoonfeeds its audience as if it has roomtemp IQ.

He's not wrong, DS3 pissed me off
>ok how about we explain nothing again and the dlc is just a bunch of unrelated shit and infinitely more questions
>ok what if the egg has nothing to do with anything, it just crumbles and you're teleported to the end of the world without any explanation and fight ultra instict hobo
>this truely is the blood of the Dark Soul (tm)(c)(inc)
>lol it's actually paintings all the way down

This low-exposition style of storytelling isn't actually bad, the problem is that fromsoft lore is bad for different reasons (gets retconned to shit in the next game in the series, has little internal consistency, overtly reliant on "hey guys remember this from the previous game???" even where it makes no fucking sense)

He wrote for borderlands 3, so he probably would have preferred the line to be more like "Zanzibart...this tarnished is BAD ASS"

He's probably a faggot but after finishing Elden Ring I can agree that this kind of storytelling is just bad at this point, how many times can you do the same thing and still make it interesting? Sekiro was a step in the right direction in many ways, but they didn't carry the good stuff over enough

SNEED

Can't wait for the prepare to cry - Myrmidon of loss lore video from the based god of lore

i generally agree with you but i think it's also kind of cool because players essentially play the role of archeologists and historians exploring the worlds and then their derivitive works essentially become history books of the universe. contrast that with elder scrolls where they simply write some books in the game and the players are spoonfed everything lore-wise. it's different but i don't think it's necessarily bad.

>Maybe because other franchises actually have lore to deliver?

He says Dark Souls revolutionized games by having shit story exposition, and yet no other game emulates Souls' story exposition at all, so not only is he wrong, he's a smug fucking faggot as well.

>lore and world building that is exclusively delivered through descriptions hidden in menus and have zero impact on gameplay, yet has the fanbase going crazy praising and analysing it
Monster Hunter did it first.

Souls games literally *ripped* their lore building right from Metroid Prime, and just put it in a dark medieval fantasy setting.

"Unique" lol
lmao

Several minute long exposition cutscenes don't belong in video games. Fuck all Kojima wannabe western sòydevs.

sneed

I like DaS, but this is funny and not totally incorrect

Souls games are just mediocre.

>it's also kind of cool because players essentially play the role of archeologists and historians exploring the worlds
It becomes shit when it doesn't end up sticking the landing and actually having a coherent "puzzle" to uncover.

I wanna know what George r.r martins fee was

it really do be like that lmao

>Maybe because other franchises actually have lore to deliver?
His certainly doesn't, unless
>D00D HER HECKIN PARENTS ARE DEAD THAT'S WHY SHE TALKS LIKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO XD
constitutes "lore"

SNEED

SNEED

who gives a fuck man 98% of videogames' stories are garbage

If you're going to make fun of any thing in the souls games, at least make fun of the excessive (bordering on parody) levels of theest thou thee thine use.

Filtered

Attached: Kojima.jpg (1529x2048, 403.97K)

He's not wrong though, Fromlore just plain low effort trash and only easily impressed autismos defend it