Str build

>str build
>been using pic related for the last 30 hours
>literally no other str weapon beats it in terms of damage
>+6 greatsword is worse than pic related +5 and heavier
>getting nothing but spells and incantations which I can't use because str build
>can't use any of the ashes of war because it has a unique skill
this has to be the worst balanced soulsborne game yet. there is literally no reason to use anything else. what the fuck went so wrong?

Attached: bloodhound's-fang_curved-greatsword_weapons-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 5.95K)

>can't use any of the ashes of war because it has a unique skill
This is my biggest problem with the game. There isn't any reason why I can't use ashes of war on any weapon. It's a pointless restriction on the amount of fun you can have.

>+6 greatsword is worse than pic related +5 and heavier
no shit retard. Greatsword is regular (1-25) while the fang is special (1-10)
so the +5 fang is should be compared to like a +12 Greatsword

my problem is that you can't infuse without changing ash of war, so if you wanted to make a keen flail you'd have to remove the unique weapon art for the flail, same with godskin peeler.

We Monster Hunter now

Attached: 20220311192216_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392.18K)

Rune greatsword seems to be the best strength weapon, you just need 16 int and 50 strength. At +10 it has S strength scaling, it also has a special max charg heavy attack.

So you can't infuse a special weapon, it will forever be normal?
Although I suppose some "normal" do magic dmg like a magic infused weapon, etc, they probably already have infused-like stats

this.
ive gotten so many ashes of war now and I've never used a single one of them because all non-unique weapons I have suck ass and I'm not using them

>they probably already have infused-like stats
they do as when i try to infuse say, godskin peeler, as keen the stats go down despite me being dex. i think they knew about this and there's a built in workaround.

>I'm apparently at the fight where you get Rune Greatsword
Neato. Fight's a little bullshit and I may be slightly underlevelled, but I got some cheese strats I wanna try for the second half.

I think the point of ashes is to give you a reason to use common weapons, otherwise everyone would just use unique weapons.

Everone has been using the basic ass Longsword and Claymore for ages though

I found Guts's sword in caelid somewhere.

balance is boring. this is a traditional rpg.

>+5 boss weapon is stronger than +6 regular weapon
No shit, retardo

you are a retard

>balance
>only wanting to use the most optimal weapon
This isn't league of legends faggot. Who cares what the best weapon is?

Attached: 1645982508219.jpg (720x479, 28.58K)

lmaoing @ somber stone cucks rn

you are a retard

this wepaon base damage is insane compared to str weps, absolute jackoff balancing, and i think they balanced bosses around this weapon

are you comparing a +6 regular weapon to a +5 special weapon?
you know regular upgrades go up to +25 and specials only to +10

>having fun and not caring about balance is being retarded
Aight faggot. Keep choking on cock, lil bitch.

minmaxer "muh balance" esport faggots are not human beings

That's because boss weapons were pretty shit except for the odd outlier like Moonlight Greatsword, now there's a million unique weapons that don't only come from bosses and they're all incredibly strong and much cheaper to level up (1 somber stone of each level vs 12 normal smithing stone of each level).

It's slow as shit though

hey retard! A +5 unique weapon (somber stones) is comparable to a +11/12 normal weapon!

Based claymore

>a +6 weapon is weaker than a +12.5 weapon
WOOOOOOOW

>be a retard
>wonder why game isn't aligning with my retard views
normal weapons like greatsword can go up to +25
Unique weapons like bloodhound use sombers and can go to +10
a +6s is equivalent to +15

+15 blessed claymore is OK with some faith and strength + incantations + summons

Like me flails
Simple as

Attached: chainlink_flail_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 8.73K)