Why is Any Forums like this?

Why is Any Forums like this?
What's wrong with open world?

Attached: map.jpg (1173x1300, 588.06K)

No one puts enough effort into it so 99% of places are empty and useless

The street has more attention put into it than the entire panorama

Attached: 1631435141891.png (1700x1000, 1.03M)

when you're autistic things need to be a certain way or you get pissed off

The upper case is true in only one game ever made.
Morrowind.

The bottom case is what most >open world games are.

1. The people bitching about linearity a decade ago were hoping for Deus Ex-style nonlinearity, not collectathons on one huge map
2. The people who grew up on linear games from the 7th gen are unfortunately now legally allowed

>pixelshit
yawn

Open world is a design philosophy more than anything. The problem most people have with it is that you wind up with worlds a mile wide but only an inch deep.
Open world games are absolutely riddled with Easter egg hunts and other pointless make work. Why do I need to dive off the top of a roof into a pile of hay in every fucking township?
The problem with all of them is that the fidelity has only increased in the audio visual department. The worlds are as dead as they were 20 years ago. The NPCs just as brain-dead. The scope of agency just as limited.
The more detailed the world is the more jarring the disconnect becomes, like waking up one day and echoes don't exist anymore.
It wouldn't bother you at first, but the more you noticed it, the more it would eat at you.

People bitching about BOTW being open world today were bitching about Skyward Sword being too linear years ago

It's all contrarianism when things get too popular. Posturing and holier than thou atittude.

This is actually might be the lowest IQ post I've ever seen on this website

Focused with a vision but may not be perfect versus butt chugging paint and shitting it on canvas. I wonder what could be the difference...

Actual Level design, better art, less padding

>eurocucks
>illusion of freedom
hmmmmm really activates those almonds

Attached: elonaninja.png (585x377, 350.95K)

Any Forums loves old open world games though
everything these days is mostly a far cry 3 copypaste

Why would you stop fishing over a woman?

Attached: Hat.png (648x773, 359.37K)

>OH BOY I SURE DO LOVE ALL THESE EMPTY DEAD END AREAS INSTEAD OF PLAYING THROUGH ACTUAL CONTENT

over-saturation.
Any Forums used to bitch about linear corridor games during gen 7 and COD peaks.
it's just how the pendulum goes because the AAA all move together to maximize profits. Which is why every game is so homogenized now.

creating content takes time - so most open worlds are empty, procedurally generated, or filled in haste by random dev.

small map/tunels save development time that goes into filling all this empty space with something - enabling more polished product

Surely it's the other way around. Separate individually designed rides each with its own setting and rules vs a wide open adventure where you create your own journey..

>WOAH YOU CAN ANYWHERE
>LOOK AT ALL THAT VAST EMPTY FIELDS
>LOOK AT ALL THOSE INACCESSIBLE BUILDINGS
>I WANT THIS FOR EVERY GAME NOW, FUCK EXPERTLY CRAFTED, FINE TUNED CAMPAIGNS!

Attached: 1643210136692.png (1758x1162, 1.16M)

the problem is the wide open adventure is mainly walking and looking at trees.
It's like Runescape vs WoW.
One is a tightly packed world with things to do and get distracted by, and the other is just a series of points you need to get to

Because open world requires a sense of wonder and curiosity to enjoy. They have none and require a fully scripted experience to maintain their short attention spans.

I wasn't defending open worlds, just pointing out the analogy was the wrong way around. That said though, skyrim did have pretty distinct biomes. All in a similar climate, but still pretty varried.

>if you dislike A then it's because you like B
retards never learn

>literally every open world game is the same repetitive shit
Gee, I wonder what the common element could be. I don't want to spend my entire time on one map, nor do I want to spend 5 minutes travelling to the bit where I'm allowed to actually progress the game between every mission.