IT'S OVER SOULS BROS OUR TRANSLATIONS HAVE BEEN JEWED THIS WHOLE TIME

IT'S OVER SOULS BROS OUR TRANSLATIONS HAVE BEEN JEWED THIS WHOLE TIME

Attached: 1647020575196.jpg (1407x605, 238.28K)

the english script is actually better than the japanese

Yeah the Elden Ring english script is pretty uneven. Sometimes bad compared to Japanese

weeb cope

Translators have one job, to translate
>I did some embellishment
into the trash

Why the fuck do these fucking people think they're literary geniuses that can just rewrite the story to their senisibilities? It's not hard to just leave shit alone. It's like a McDonald's employee working the stove thinking they're going to add their flair to the burger. Translators are at the bottom, they're the fastfood cooks of literature. No, you don't add your flair you follow the recipe like you're instructed to.

>Why the fuck do these fucking people think they're literary geniuses that can just rewrite the story to their senisibilities?
failed authors

Souls was born literally from Miyazaki making his own assumptions and embellishments from his lack of understanding Western fantasy.

do you even think about things for more than a second? you necessarily have to be a talented writer to translate something from as foreign a language (compared to english) as japanese. you retards would love to read broken nonsensical sentences if it was "word for word" i bet even though that doesn't even make sense because you simply cannot translate certain japanese concepts in to english directly without "making embellishments". translation is an art. if you don't like it then learn japanese like the rest of us.

just like XIV
based koji

Solaire is only iconic for these localizations, and English voices are the default in fromsoft except Sekiro which used California VAs for some reason instead of based brits.

Sometimes it's necessary, Japanese speak like robots most of the time and you can't tell one character from another beyond stupid shit like different regional dialects

The english VA was the original for the Japanese release, JP voices didn't come until later. It is Miyazaki-approved

People are paying to buy Miyazaki's creative works, you can think whatever you want about his writing abilities but nobody is paying to see some nobody translator's creative ability.

Fun fact, Morgott and Tannith have same VAs as Fourchenault and Ameliace.

based.

Except, dear retard, most people love solaire. This imbellishment payed off in the games favor. You're an idiot, strawman.

Its pointless to get upset unless we know what was changed. Japanese is rarely a straight forward translation, sometimes "embellishment" is needed to properly convey something to Western audiences.

>actually

Attached: ACHUCUICALYHLLY.png (680x680, 124.22K)

Japanese is a very bland language

JP: I wish I could shine as bright as the sun.
Eng: If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

One of these is better, and it's not the Jap.

If it were about conveying the meaning it wouldn't be an embellishment.

Whoever the translator is that said the shit in the OP is an unquestionable hack unfit to translate.

Are you retarded you EOP?
>grossly incandescent
What the fuck does this even mean? Solaire wants to be gross? Like oscar the grouch? Gross has a negative connotation so why the fuck would someone who is heroic and jolly want to be "gross?" And incandescent? If you have to search through a thesaurus to find an "intersesting" word so yo ucan get upvotes on reddit and twitter you are not an interesting writer.

The JP version is strictly better, it compares Solaire to the sun which is his motif. "grossly incandescent" is nothing but liberal farthuffing purple prose.