What is wrong with playing against people of your own skill level?

What is wrong with playing against people of your own skill level?

Attached: utqt0m7fvbt51.jpg (913x1024, 113.67K)

I come to this place to avoid seeing the retardation of other social media platforms.
Please kill yourself and stop posting

I just want to join a server and farm some noobs with my superior skill.
I want to stroke my ego as I listen to some angry kid's screams about what he will do to my mother, after I 360 no scoped him for the 4th time.
I just want to relax.

Matchmaking makes games stressfull.

They should at least add a "training mode" que where you can join as a pupil or mento - allowing you to play against players who are significantly better or worse than you. That way, bad players can lear a trick or 2 and good players can relax and farm noobs in peace and quiet.

>I just want to stomp new players
>it's actually good for them cause they learn about how good I am

Being “good” at online shooters (or a game in general) is so fuckin cringe lol

There's nothing wrong with it, the problem is Call of Duty's implementation. Look at Street Fighter's ELO system.
>Win games, rise in rank
>Hit the rank you should be at, maybe a little bit above
>Soon you hit 50/50 win/lose games because you're essentially the same skill-wise
If you improve, you get harder opponents. If you lose, you go down and get easier opponents. It's a good system. And if you want to play as a "bad" character and just relax and not be as tryhard, you can go down in rank and play the way you like against players and stand a chance. Now let's look at Call of Duty's SBMM system
>Play three games, get good players on your team and bad players on the other so you get the high of winning
>Win one or two more games in a row
>Suddenly you are matched with absolute shitters on your team and Seal Team 6 on the other end drop shotting and destroying you.

Call of Duty's SBMM forcibly matches you on good/bad teams dependent on how many matches you've won previously. It has nothing to do with player skill, it's designed to make you feel good, then feel bad, but not bad enough to stop playing. And after you get something from the store and spend money you're matched with absolute shitters on the other team so you can dominate for an hour or so to make your purchase seem "worth it"

It is good for them because they can see tactics, camp locations, etc. pp. whatever - depending on the game - they would not see in the low level matches they usually get to play. That way they can learn.

Call of Duty's SBMM is explicitly designed so that you win and lose in equal measure. If you were actually matched up with people of similar K/D and SPM then it would be fine. But you're not, you're matched up with people way better and way worse at different times

There's an actual argument to be made about playing a low-stakes shooter to wind-down instead of playing a ranked, "be at your best or you're fucking the team over" type of game as a test of skill.
what happens when you play with friends? you do have friends to play with, don't you user?

Ok so you do support SBMM, just done right

>go on Any Forums to avoid seeing retardation
Lol
Lmao, even

>le pro gamur upsetty wetty he can't ruin new players experience so he can make EPIC 420 DORITOS DEW HEADSHOT compilation
Thank you blessed Activision

Lmoa the fucking dissonance. He thinks other people are wrong for wanting participation trophies but he also wants to be matched exclusively with players below his skill level. Give me opponents who are worse than me because I want to win but I don't want to try. Don't want to "sweat". Completely self-blind.

Why is it always the mediocre players who complain about this shit?

Meanwhile, all the actual pro players just get bored if they get matched up against a bad team.G4RG4

It never feels like your progressing or getting better and it increases your matchmaking time. I think tf2 is still alive because of pubs being one of the last bastions of this sandbox pvp experience.

holy cope

>I can't use fun weapons because it will mean my SKILL RATING will go down!!!

Imagine caring about this shit

just bring back server browsers and everyone wins

But you don't like it when you are the one getting popped huh.

if it's a casual game like cod then yeah you don't want sbmm

This entire issue stems from the removal of community servers and server browsers. There's nothing inherently wrong with matching players against players of similar skill, but sometimes you really just wanna play casually, and if there's a universal skill tracking system then you really can't do that because you'll always be put into matches against extremely good players who definitely don't want to play casually if you are even decent at a game.

Of course, we all know that the reason this MM shit exists in modern games is to brain rape you into buying microtransactions by buttfucking you repeatedly until you get frustrated into spending money.

Attached: 1644202287171.jpg (735x601, 31.2K)

He was right and you not having anything more to say than buzzwords proves that.

there's nothing cringe about having fun you silly little zoomer

nah you think you are outsmarting them and thus showing them the way to play, but in reality 99% of the time you're just outclassing them mechanically. you know what you learn from being physically outmatched? "i need to play more" that is it. keep justifying your bullying though.
it's fine and good for getting better at the game but im not gonna stop smurfing to stomp kids lol. it's too much fun

It's them and also non-comp streamers, who want to win every game because it makes them look better.

ranked and social should be two separate lobbies. I should not be penalized for wanting to run a class other than every fucking game and I sure as fuck shouldn't have to spend 10 matches feeding to be able to have a laid back experience. every call of duty prior to the SBMM system worked totally fine. sometimes you stomp, sometimes you get stomped. Now, every match is a life or death brawl and that's not what I'm looking for in my historically relaxed dude bro shooter

Any Forums is social media. Evolution of forums.

A lack of a non-casual mode is the number one way to kill any progression of your meta. "Nope, can't try that new strat I came up with cause I need to worry about rank."
A lack of alternative playstyles leads to that oh so hated "toxic enviroment" as players get frustrated at having to only play super hardcore mode and not meme modes, casual fun matches, or whatever else they wanna do.

No one would join as a pupil.

Not him but no, at the same time id prefer the variety than a constant bland stalemate. I just dont have any interest in sbmm games. I always get bored, so now I dont buy them at all, they only give me non memories or bad ones. Meanwhile I have nothing but good memories about classic counterstrike pubs and still play tf2.

Wut, if anything imageboards are BBS 1.5 especially since every thread is now archived rather than deleted. All we need now is an rss feed.

>he can't play casually with his brain turned off and still outperform the the enemy team
Trash, the lot of you.

Attached: git gud.png (575x710, 339.17K)

these fags are such pussies. they wanna dunk on C- players with their C+ skills and pretend they're good, meanwhile actual competitors are always happy to play with someone on their level.

Attached: 1644879014752m.jpg (490x1024, 108.15K)

They should just make every second lobby one team of players vs one team of bots. And not tell anyone. There was that ne battle royale game that secretly put you against bots for the first game or two and everyone was having the time of their lives. There's like a hundred Twich clips of people popping the fuck off because holy shit they won the very first game they played, can you believe it? If you're dumb enough to oppose matchmaking then you'd probably be fooled by this.

>I should not be penalized for wanting to run a class other than every fucking game
You are not penalized though. You are playing against people of the same skill level. If they use better weapons, then you need to cope and seethe about it, then accept the loss. You don't need to win every game
Playing against players of lower skill doesn't solve anything.
>sometimes you stomp, sometimes you get stomped.
This is exactly what happens with skill based matchmaking. You will get stomped until you are back at an appropriate skill level. You don't like the matchmaking because the odds of you getting to stomp are balanced out, rather than in your sweaty no life gamer favor