Master duel

how do you feel about needing 20 handtraps in every deck

Attached: 1645993527349.jpg (1280x1280, 209.23K)

>traps
I COMMAND THEE, KNEEL!

Attached: GODfried.png (676x1000, 1.4M)

wait it's monster effects nvm

I don't play Yugioh, but a dude tried introducing me to it. Gave me one of his decks. Basically played itself, no idea what was going on besides "draw card, put card on battlefield."

Explain to me what more there is to it.

nothing half of yugioh decks play themselves
just remember to not use negating effects on yourself

>"draw card, put card on battlefield."
that is EVERY CARD GAME KNOWN TO EXIST

>draw card, put card on battlefield
That's literally every TCG in existance user.

It felt like it played itself way, way more than other games I play. Magic, Netrunner, Warhammer Conquest all felt like they had more decision making to them. Might well be his particular deck, but there didn't seem to ever be a point where the correct line was to hold a card or not attack like a retard

>all gearfried cards are in legacy packs and are ur and sr
gee wizz god forbid you playing such powerful cards

anti hand-traps are unironically the real problem

the more counters there are to hand traps the more people have to run to actually interrupt the opponent

I only run handtrap counters in my decks because I only play combo and shit like maxx does nothing going 1st.

You have to plan out combo routes correctly and know what the best play is for a given situation, and when you want to all in and you want to set up for the next turn. Your "resource" in YGO is the card effect activations available to you and the effect activations in your Deck available to you that turn limited by hard OPTs. It's not just blindly vomiting cards onto the field.

Nah not really. The problem is Maxx C is ubiquitous and overpowered. A lot of decks would forego anti-handtrap if they thought they could get away with it and play more handtraps against their opponent.

I played when people ran magic jammers, magic drains, and seven tools. I think this is the same shit but not as cool looking. If they are going to have ftks or perfect castles then Im okay they can be played in the hand over being set.

The state of the game these days is exactly that
It’s not fun anymore and hasn’t been for a very long time

wow i sure love the new content

>get to go second while drawing Kaiju and Nibiru

yes

>its adamancipator trash

fucking hell end me

Take the gamma pill.

>crossout crossout
Kek

I'm talking about the current TCG format which is terrible. Brave engine shit lets you get up a free negate turn 1 and works with virtually any deck. As a result you end up with people playing decks that are 90% hand traps because otherwise they wouldn't be able to interrupt plays

>It's not just blindly vomiting cards onto the field.
Yes it's just 99% blindly vomiting cards

I think it's pretty gay.

>TCG
Have you tried not playing the clown format?

play cardfight vanguard :)

OCG is just as bad retard.

Ogc is worse.

Magicians love!

Attached: 1643599027901.jpg (1071x1294, 276.75K)

Gold or silver? Choose wisely

Attached: 1647013593120.jpg (1447x1547, 1.22M)

>cardfight vanguard
sell me on it.

everything that isnt fan format like trinity or edison is a clown format

I would if Bushi wasn't somehow even worse than Konami.

Don't use them. Don't focus on building an endboard. Take the blows and punch back harder with what you got. Way more fun.

its even more autistic because keywords are emojis

Whats the next step for powercreep?
Decktraps you can just pull out whenever opponent does anything?

Attached: 1623300703484.jpg (480x700, 84.27K)

>TGC
>Control and negates are le bad
>OCG
>Combo is le bad

It's time for people to admit both the TCG and OCG are shit

>Brave engine shit lets you get up a free negate turn 1
Why's that such a big issue? Aleister has been doing that shit for 5 fucking years with about the same amount of Main Deck cards.

shit that can summon itself from deck with little to no cost

Hence Master Duel is a thing and Konami working for unified banlist

Dont open the spoiler

Attached: POT OF GREED.jpg (224x224, 13.88K)

Monster name
XYZ / Machine / Tuner / Effect
when your opponent activates a monster effect, special summon this card from your extra deck (you do not need materials) and negate your opponent's monster's effect

not that guy but brave engine is literal FREE unlike al the stroker that wastes normal summon

lmao wut

>The most Game Breaking card in existance

Because Aleister doesn't lead into Baronne+DPE+Scythe lock
People don't sit on gryphon rider, it just makes your entire combo nibiru proof

Silver
I hate eldlich
Also that true king deck had fucking zeus in it
2 cards away from decking it out and it wiped the board and won

Yes! You have to yell your duelist catchphrase before every game. Everything is fine as long at would get you banned from WoTC.
Mine is: The holocaust was not ambitious enough!

>next

Action Cards.

Your deck revolves around your Vanguard, a boss unit that is always on the field.
It starts at grade 0, at the start of each turn you rank it up (this is called a ride) until you're at grade 3, where your deck is fully online
The pace is designed so that each player at least gets to turn 3. Old formats make you ride from hand leading to inconsistency if you didn't draw into your rideline, but the newest format lets you discard a card from hand to ride from a side deck, making sure you're always able to play your deck
It's a very swingy game, and you draw cards every time your vanguard attacks. It's really easy to pick up too, I was able to get a hang on how I should be playing after only a few games
also the art is awesome

Common effects in vanguard are just icons rather than writing out a couple sentences explaining what they do. Imagine if every monster with piercing just had a little spear up where the attribute and level circles are.

>guy called fetishloli
>oh great this is gonna be my 6th traptrick today
>was actually altergeists
sorry cunnylord, maybe you could've won if you played a deck that contained more cunnies.

>you can special summon this card from your deck directly, but you cannot special summon any monster this turn, except for x archtype, also send 5 cards to GY, also you opponent gains 1 LP :)

>anti hand-traps are unironically the real problem
No they god damn fucking aren't. Decks outside the meta die to a single Ash, anti handtraps lets them have a chance to fucking play.

Attached: modern card design.png (432x631, 500.47K)

How do I improve this

Attached: unknown-8.png (787x827, 597.83K)

stuff like called by which is unsearchable is fine. brave engine is extremely reliable and gets you a free negate

Attached: 9366f4.png (540x246, 20.38K)